We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A suggestion/request to the Moderators about the supplier section Options

holysatan
#1 Posted : 4/11/2011 1:58:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Moderators,

First of all I would like to congratulate and thank you all for this awesome forum.

I just have one request/suggestion for the supplier forum.

Within the supplier forum: can you make individual sticky threads for different suppliers, where people can post their reviews, coupon codes, prices, quality etc.?
Currently all of the information is in just one thread and all reviews are scattered through out the multiple pages in the thread.

The reason I am stating this is: If I went online to find say Chacruna and google for a vendor to find the cheapest price. And I see supplier 'A' to be the most attractive. I come to the forum to see what people say about them. I can search for the supplier, but even then the reviews are scattered and not in one place. I think it might make life a little bit easier for the users.

Again, this is just a suggestion. Being a newbie in the nursery and all I don't want to sound like a knows-it-all-asshole. You guys have been doing a tremendously amazing job and definitely know how to run the forum. This is merely a humble request/suggestion.

Thank you for being patient and reading this post.

Peace to all
Om purna mada purna midam That is the Whole, this is the Whole,
purnat purnam udachyate From the Whole, the Whole arises,
purnasya purnam adaya Taking away the Whole from the Whole,
purnam eva vasishyate The Whole remains,
om santi santi santihi Om Peace, peace, peace.

Om asato ma sad gamaya Lead us from untruth to Truth,
tamaso ma jyotir gamaya From darkness to Light,
mrityor ma amritam gamaya From death to Immortality,

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Psikotrope
#2 Posted : 4/11/2011 3:03:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm just wondering based on another thread, the meridian botanicals thread, if that would bring unwanted attention to the vendors. None of them sell products for extracting various substances afterall. But yea, I wish there was something like this to help me when shopping. Another forum I post on does this. PM me for details.
Psikotrope
AKA Hanuman Dass
http://hanumandass.wordpress.com A blog on nonduality, entheogens, and other such topics.

"It can be what you want it to be but in the end it's all just sensory enhancement." -The thought stream that once saved my life.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 4/11/2011 8:35:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not sure I understand exactly what you mean. Isnt the supplier section already exactly a subforum where each individual thread is about one specific vendor?

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...t.aspx?g=topics&f=39

Then you can either look at the thread titles or click the 'search' button just below the nexus banner, and add the name of the vendor you are curious about in the 'headers' section for a quick search of only thread titles.

Or is it something else that you mean, maybe Im not getting it right?

Lostkeys
#4 Posted : 4/11/2011 4:22:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM agrees with OP. SWIM is a transplant from the shroomery, and they have a really good "sponsors" forum dedicated to exactly what OP is describing. Any illicit discussion is strictly forbidden in these forums in order to protect the "sponsors". They even have a sub-section with links directly to sponsor websites.

This relationship between the shroomery and its sponsors creates a bond that makes dealing with the suppliers much safer for the forum members. Sponsors pay the forum for advertisement space. If negative reports involving a sponsor start coming in, the sponsor risks losing their "sponsor" status, and customers as a result. This keeps them honest, and helps to keep newbies from falling into the many traps that scammers set up.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
--Frank Herbert "Dune"

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

holysatan
#5 Posted : 4/21/2011 12:35:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Im not sure I understand exactly what you mean. Isnt the supplier section already exactly a subforum where each individual thread is about one specific vendor?

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I am also sorry for my poor communication skills. I am not a native speaker of English.

What I meant was something like this:
Under the supplier we can have a sub forum inside which all the vendors will be listed by the moderators as different threads (maybe alphabetically) and users can share their reviews in the threads specific to the vendors. The general discussions, questions etc. can go under the main "Supplier" forum.

Hierarchy wise it would look something like this:
Supplier
-Vendor List
|____Vendor A
|____Vendor B
|____Vendor C
|____Vendor D
-Sticky thread 1
-Sticky thread 2
-Threads started by users
- -do-
- -do-
- -do-
- -do-

Right now if I want to see what people are saying for a certain vendor, if I just go to the Supplier section, I can a bunch of discussions going on about the vendors and many important threads are buried deep inside and are also out of date. When I do a search about a certain vendor, I find lots of old threads, some irrelevant, some start with the vendor but end up discussing extraction methods or a different vendor and some are just out of date mainly because it's buried so deep that it's hard to maintain with up to date information.
Does my suggestion make sense now?

I don't have any idea about the feasibility of asking money from vendors as sponsorship as LostKeys suggested.

Thanks again
Om purna mada purna midam That is the Whole, this is the Whole,
purnat purnam udachyate From the Whole, the Whole arises,
purnasya purnam adaya Taking away the Whole from the Whole,
purnam eva vasishyate The Whole remains,

Om asato ma sad gamaya Lead us from untruth to Truth,
tamaso ma jyotir gamaya From darkness to Light,
mrityor ma amritam gamaya From death to Immortality,