We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hola banda! Options

EcstaticTrance
#1 Posted : 4/18/2011 9:05:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello there! I've been travelling over this forum for about two years but now I feel like I have the time and the motivation to be part of the community. I am from Quebec, Canada and I've had interest in psychedelic since my teenager years. Mushrooms really changed my life when I was about 16 years old, I was a metalhead quite pessimistic and unhealthy and one trip got me back on the track, I became vegetarian, started to exercice, my school grade went all the way up and I was enjoying life fully. Then I started smoking pot daily which actually made me quite sloppy and critical, so I dropped school and started travelling. I went picking fruits in BC for a few months, then I hitchhiked all the way down to Panama, which was an amazing and a quite opening experience. I learned how life can actually be magical, I wanted to study cinema until I realised that first I would be better to make a good movie of my own life. I got a bit sick at the end of my trip, I had a bad mononucleosis that made me quite paranoid about my health, Im still dealing a bit with that but it's getting quite better. Then I worked as a fundraiser for some NGO for a year and a half and went to Europe, where I went to some festival and rainbow, in the end I hitchhiked all the way frome France to Turkey, from where I went to India for about 3 months. It was quite great but made me a bit critical about the abroad-enlightment trend, lots of people I think are looking for things that are inside of them already 10 000 miles from home, I did it too in a sense, but everything is already there anyway.

I tried a wide-range of psychedelic substances on the way, Im quite fond of what it made me realize and I think there is a huge potential in psychedelic therapy. From this first shroom trip I knew I had some kind of vocation in psychedelic exploration, I easily have mind-bending visions and it changed my life for the best. The only thing is that, now that Im back in school, I started some unhealty habits, cigarettes and coffee mainly, and I know that psychedelic exploration would help. I think this is my main life struggle, I have difficulty in doing exactly what I feel I should, it's always wheter you hit the straighter spiritual exploration or you just follow what's around you and dwell in the most-frequented path. But right now I feel like Im ready to hit the path that I know I should follow, and I would like to share some experiences with this quite fantastic community. We often don't realise how fantastic is the human mind, because the world we live in works better when we are not conscient of the potential and the strangeness of everything. Im quite fond of arts in general, I've been juggling (that's what travelling did to me) and playing guitar for some time and Im quite fond of permaculture, sustainable living and community-living and I think that the psychedelic experience is a major tool in helping us develop ourselves and open our mind. So I wish we'll share some soon, enjoy every seconds!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

easyrider
#2 Posted : 4/18/2011 9:44:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! It sounds like you've been living your life as a free spirit, traveling everywhere by the whim of the wind. Did you embark on this spiritual journey by yourself, or with the company of other like-minded folk? Either way, I commend you for living your life without constraints. You've probably lived more than most people have in their entire lifetime.
"'Most men will not swฮนm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swฮนm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

โ€” Hermann Hesse

EcstaticTrance
#3 Posted : 4/18/2011 10:20:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

easyrider wrote:
Wow! It sounds like you've been living your life as a free spirit, traveling everywhere by the whim of the wind. Did you embark on this spiritual journey by yourself, or with the company of other like-minded folk? Either way, I commend you for living your life without constraints. You've probably lived more than most people have in their entire lifetime.

Well I've never been alone long on the road, I always ended-up with like-minded folks,sometimes you split froma travel partner and next ride you get there is other hitchhikers going the same way (well it doesn't happen all the time but surprisingly often). I had some sketchy moment but it's part of it, you learn this way, but wheter you get paranoid or you accept the fact that maybe you'll get ripped off a bit somewhere on the road and that's the way it is some time hehe. I really enjoy the rainbow gathering scene and the psytrance-psybient scene for that matter,it happens pretty much everywhere and it's likely you'll end up travelling and visiting like-minded people with different background all over the place. That and there is always places where there's more folk hanging around you will hear of for sure. Yeah, travelling is great but I think that what I've learned the most while doing it is that being happy and fulfilled doesn't depend of where you are but of how your mind works (well there is some places where people struggle a lot getting food or not being shot or beaten up but that's quite sad). The thing is that the world is big, you'll always have somewhere else to go, but if you are looking for some kind of enlightment I think the first place to work at is on yourself. Maybe it's easier to work on yourself on a beach where you can live well for 5 bucks a day, it relieves a stress for sure, but I think the real challenge in the world we live in today is to learn to overcome the pressure of the society so it will change, because even if over there you live well with pretty much nothing,those few bucks. Still, I really enjoy travelling and it can be really cheap if you are able to do some street arts and hitchike your way and I think it's a really worthwile experience, but Im at a point where I want to explore my mind more than anything. The brain is a crazy thing that's for sure and Hyperspace doesn't have a map yet Pleased

MelCat
#4 Posted : 4/18/2011 10:22:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I gotta agree with easyrider... Wow!

You have been around the block a couple of times for sure.

What's your favorite psychedelic so far? Anything you're looking forward to trying?

I'll look forward to hearing some of your reports!
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

DMT Psychonaut
#5 Posted : 4/18/2011 10:48:25 PM

Witness to Humanity

Wow, I'd really enjoy sitting down and smoking a joint with someone like you lol, it'd be a great story time Razz

My life feels mundane now, although I feel I would not be suited for that kind of lifestyle Shocked

Great to hear from you and looking forward to more post, welcome to the Nexus traveler!
Disclaimer:

All these thoughts,
words arranged in this message,
come from the Tao
and return to the Tao.
Yet they do not touch it.
Each of us will perceive the message,
Yet to each our own interpretation.

I'll see you when the river meets us

endlessness
#6 Posted : 4/18/2011 10:50:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I think you'll feel right at home here Smile

I wonder if you tried dmt yet or plan on anytime soon? What about extractions in general?

Hope to read more from you soon Smile

EcstaticTrance
#7 Posted : 4/19/2011 12:59:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:

What's your favorite psychedelic so far? Anything you're looking forward to trying?

Hmmm, well I think there's a lot of useful psychedelic out there. For introspection I really enjoy mushrooms (but it's been a while) and 2c-e. I discovered recently San Pedro cacti and I must say I really like it, I've only tried somewhat low doses right now but for having a nice outdoor trip it's a wonderful thing. Since I've been a bit in the psytrance I had my share of great experiences with mdma and candyflipping, dancing until the sunrise, wonderful experiences overall but molly is a bit too fun and fake for me, so Im trying to space my trip a lot. Last time I've tried, I tried the combo that Shulgin suggested in an interview I saw, which is starting trip with Mdma and taking 2c-b when it wears off which was a really complete experience that have quite some potential for psychotherapy, it helps you deal and analyse your self and 2c-b smoothen off the hangover. I've just tried that once so I won't come to any conclusion.

I really enjoy LSD, I've done it around 20 times, but I had only 3 really far-out trip with really potent acid. I think acid have a really nice potential for introspection and is easier to deal with (for me) with people than mushrooms. Shrooms makes me quite catatonic nowadays so I like to trip alone or with one buddy. I see a lot of potential in plant teacher, cacti, mushrooms and ayahuasca, the latest which I haven't tried. I'll probably do a ceremony in the summer, Im a bit scared of trying it by myself but if anyone have advice about that it would be welcome, I think it would do it but over here people are really into the importance of having it done with a shaman... Next thing I'll try will be 25c-Nbome which just hitted the scene over here, I had really nice feedback so Im looking forward finding the perfect moment hehe.

And DMT I think is something else, I tried it about 6 times, SWIM just finished an extraction so I'll be exploring this molecule more because I must say I have been a bit easy on my other experience and only once I had a breaktrough, still every experience was totally out there, somewhere we all have been before. I think I'll buy myself a VaporGenie, my main problem with having a full-blown experience is that Im a bit scared of coughing crazy when it sets on. Well, I'll describe more of my experiences later! Ciao!

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 4/19/2011 1:06:23 AM

John Murdoch IV

Welcome and good to have you aboard.
Sounds like you should feel at home here Smile
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!