We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Purity of a compound in relation to achieving the intended effect. Options

thatcrazyguywhoknowsalot
#1 Posted : 4/6/2011 10:12:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone. I would like to express something that came to my attention recently. After numerous successful extractions, and many pure spice experiences, I decided to give changa a chance. I am very happy I did. =D What I realized though after doing the 1:1 ratio is that I came out with a very strong product, almost too strong. I knew I did everything correctly, and got to thinking. After a moment I realized that the ratio of spice to herb depends on the purity of the spice being used. So I sat down and wrote this out for all to see, because it is definitely something worth noting. Here's what I came up with:

The effect something makes, in this case "spice", and the amount needed to produce that effect, depends solely upon the purity of the spice itself; meaning the concentration of pure product compared to the amount of impurities that reside within the final product.

Whatever the intended effect may be, the amount of spice needed to produce said effect depends on the purity of the spice, or how concentrated it is. In other words, spice half as pure as another spice will take twice as much to produce the same effect as the more pure spice.

Example:

Let's say I was going to make some changa, and I had 2 grams of spice. One gram is completely pure, and the other is half as pure as the first. In order for me to get the same intended effect out of both batches of changa, I would need to use only half of a gram of the pure spice, compared to the full gram of the impure spice, using the same amount of herb in both cases.

This says a lot when you think about all the different extraction teks that produce a more or less pure product, and how the ratio of spice to herb, when making changa, will differ depending on the purity of the spice at hand. In my case, 1:1 is definitely too strong, and will have to be dropped to something more like 3:1; 3 parts herb, 1 part spice.

After skimming through the site I realized there wasn't much mentioned on this topic, and I felt it would be a good introduction to my becoming part of the site. =) Much love to All. Thank you for existing, and playing your part. We are the greatest story ever told.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

thatcrazyguywhoknowsalot
#2 Posted : 4/14/2011 12:38:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know this is my first post, but this should be stickied. Very important stuff.

Shayku
#3 Posted : 4/14/2011 4:30:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Crazy guy, welcome.

I think what you're talking about here is quite obvious. Also, I highly doubt that anyone here is making spice that is only 50% pure. That would imply that something has gone wrong in the extraction. I'd be suspicious as to the what constitutes the other 50%. Furthermore, dosage is dependant on the maker and the user too. One probably has to experiment to find full satisfaction. One man's "too strong" is another man's "too weak", and you're probably better off just sticking to what works Smile
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 4/14/2011 5:24:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Since this is an intro essay, would you mind telling us a bit more about yourself? You say you have done successful extractions, what kind of extraction method do you usually go for? Also you mention smoking dmt, what is your method of smoking? Did you try or are interested in trying oral dmt/ayahuasca? What about other psychedelics?

Regarding the purity issues, yeah Shayku is right I think that this is pretty self evident. And also, do notice that certain impurities could potentially be beneficial depending on smoking method by protecting the DMT from combustion (at least thats one of the educated guesses regarding jungle spice's differences of effects)

Btw, check this thread about chemical analysis of DMT from different extractions, its relevant to this discussion:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=19320

thatcrazyguywhoknowsalot
#5 Posted : 4/16/2011 2:12:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you endlessness for that link. It's exactly what I was trying to explain, only they broke it down in finer detail. =) As for the obviousness of the subject, it's not always that obvious to those still figuring it out. It's good to have the information available for those who seek it, because everyone figures things out at a different pace.

Alright so the DMT I use is in the white crystal form. It comes from MHRB, specifically Mimosa Tenuiflora, that comes in a fine powder. I do an A/B extraction using distilled water, Hydrochloric Acid for the acidic extraction, and Sodium Hydroxide for the basification. The ph's i use are 1.3/1.4 for the acidic solution, and 11.7/11.8 for the basic solution. To pull the DMT from the basic solution I use VM&P Naptha, and I evaporate it leaning the dish a little to produce more concentrated crystals. After fine tuning this process I have turned what others have call a month process into something you can do within a couple days. I do not heat the solutions during any part of the process, everything is at room temperature. After every stir of the jars, when the ph is perfect, the layers are completely separated within 30 minutes or less, making the process take a fraction of the time. I've completed a batch in a lil over 24 hours once, just to see if I could do it. =) I hope others are having the same success I am, and if not then try to figure out how to fine tune your process to it's most fluent ph's.

lol And I wasn't really implying anyone was making anything 50% pure (but you never know), I was just using it as an example of the ratio.

When it comes to smoking DMT, I used to put it on top of my favorite herb and kinda melt it in before fully ripping it. I've tried freebase, and would rather not do it that way, because it can be harsh at times and I'd much rather smoke it in herb form. Now that I've discovered changa, I don't think I'll do it any other way from now on, but you never know. =)

Last but not least, I would like everyone to understand that I am a "regular" high school drop out, with nothing more than a GED, not much chemical knowledge, have never taken any classes on scientific processes, and attain all my insight and knowledge from personal experience, and the will to understand All. It is in us all if we have the Will to know the information, and Be it. =D

endlessness
#6 Posted : 4/17/2011 10:28:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What yield are you getting with this process? I suggest you try increasing the basic pH a bit more, like 12.5-13 and see if possibly you get an increase in yields.

Regarding the smoking method, do you do it in a pipe or a bong? With freebase, my preffered method used to be making an ash-sandwich in a bong and going very easy on the lighter. Now the GVG is by far my preffered method, even after trying many other ways this much better by far imo in terms of effectiveness and smoothness of vapor. Its completely different to vaporize dmt, and to smoke it. If you ever have 100bucks you can spend, I highly suggest checking it out, it seems expensive but very very worth it.

Its cool that you are teaching yourself Smile My education also has nothing to do with chemistry, I learned all I know chemistry-wise here in the forum and with experiments, so its good to hear more people taking the initiative to teaching themselves. With just a bit of time and reading one can learn so so much here Smile

You didnt answer me regarding other psychedelic use. Did you try or plan on trying oral dmt/ayahuasca yet? What about other psychedelics, whats your experience with that?

See you around

thatcrazyguywhoknowsalot
#7 Posted : 4/18/2011 9:46:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's good to hear bro. I feel like experience really is the best way to learn. The yield I'm getting is usually anywhere from .5 to 1g out of ~30g root bark. I don't know if raising the ph will help any, cause it seems to be working well where it's at, but it's always worth a try. =) When it comes to smoking it, I usually use a pipe but I think a bong works really well, especially for people who have a hard time breaking through sometimes. I've never tried the ash freebase method, but I will give that a shot sometime as well. I've been thinking about investing in a vaporizer when I get some extra cash. I've been reading a lot of good things about vaporizing it over smoking it. What's the difference in the experience like? I've been coming here for information since my first experience with DMT, I just never took the time to make an account. I'm trying to find my way into that deeper culture I've been hearing about. =) I've been pretty spiritual for about 2 1/2 years now, and it's been a process, letting go of my entire old way of being/thinking, rebirthing as a whole different entity, opening up a huge channel for nothing but love and understanding to flow through; bringing self-empowerment and a sense of freedom to all those within my awareness. =) I have not done any type of oral DMT yet, but I will experience ayahuasca when the time comes. I've done plenty of mushrooms, having used to grow them. =) I've taken acid a handful of times, and would like to eventually be the scientist behind that one. It really is some magical stuff. Salvia I did a few times, but didn't really care for. Eventually I wouldn't mind the peyote experience. I've thought about that one for a while as well. I feel like these 'drugs' are the different parts of the Self, layed out across our experience for us to experience at different times, as tools for us to find our way back to our purest form in this reality. Like different levels of consciousness for us to feel out and learn from, helping us rewire our way of thinking into one all-accepting, all-connecting, and all-encompassing way of being. What are your views on this? Are you spiritual at all?

gammagore
#8 Posted : 4/18/2011 10:03:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thatcrazyguywhoknowsalot wrote:
The yield I'm getting is usually anywhere from .5 to 1g out of ~30g root bark.

May I ask what tek you use to get that yield?

endlessness
#9 Posted : 4/18/2011 11:18:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The yield I'm getting is usually anywhere from .5 to 1g out of ~30g root bark.

0.5g seems more reasonable, that would be like bit under 2%. But 1g, thats over 3% dmt?! Where is your bark from? How does the dmt look like when you get that yield? Is this very high yield before some purification or final yield? How many pulls do you do total? Do you freeze or evap the pulls?

When it comes to smoking it, I usually use a pipe but I think a bong works really well, especially for people who have a hard time breaking through sometimes. I've never tried the ash freebase method, but I will give that a shot sometime as well. I've been thinking about investing in a vaporizer when I get some extra cash. I've been reading a lot of good things about vaporizing it over smoking it. What's the difference in the experience like?

Definitely get the GVG if you can, and a torch lighter. It will be way more smoother in terms of taste (to the point where you might not even notice you are actually inhaling dmt due to no taste, only when you breathe out you taste a bit of smooth vapor), and much more effective (30mg for ma can be enough for a breakthrough, and breakthroughs are much more likely, nearly 100% of times if you do it right). Due to it being so smooth, I find it also helps with the experience itself because there arent these long seconds/minutes of smoking some harsh tasting stuff, but rather a quicker launching. Ask other people who tried the GVG, maybe they can give more thoughts on this.

I have not done any type of oral DMT yet, but I will experience ayahuasca when the time comes. I've done plenty of mushrooms, having used to grow them. =) I've taken acid a handful of times, and would like to eventually be the scientist behind that one. It really is some magical stuff. Salvia I did a few times, but didn't really care for. Eventually I wouldn't mind the peyote experience. I've thought about that one for a while as well.

Instead of peyote, I suggest trying san pedro. Peyote takes much longer to grow, its becoming an endangered species in the wild and its more expensive when cultivated. Try finding some San Pedro/Peruvian torch and either make some resin from it or extract mescaline Smile

I've thought about that one for a while as well. I feel like these 'drugs' are the different parts of the Self, layed out across our experience for us to experience at different times, as tools for us to find our way back to our purest form in this reality. Like different levels of consciousness for us to feel out and learn from, helping us rewire our way of thinking into one all-accepting, all-connecting, and all-encompassing way of being. What are your views on this? Are you spiritual at all?

I dont know what these substances are, but I agree that at least for me I use them as tools that help me see more about myself and the world from different perspectives, which can help in my growth. On one hand I am extremely spiritual and at the same time I am not at all spiritual. I am a very pragmatic and skeptic person, I try to think in very concrete terms. I dont know what reality is all about or what the 'purest form' of me or of reality is, and I dont follow any particular spiritual path or technique. What I do know is that I can make myself better little by little in daily life, to be both accepting/aware but also struggling against my weaknesses, to get closer to my potentials in the different areas, to be more sustainable in my actions, and to help others also being healthier, more sustainable, more caring for one another. This is a path that will take my whole life, I dont think there is an end to it so I'll always have more room to develop myself and the world, and I feel the psychedelics are good help for me when taken under certain conditions.

Btw unrelated but, maybe break that last post into smaller paragraphs for easier reading? Smile

gammagore wrote:

May I ask what tek you use to get that yield?

Here he wrote:

Alright so the DMT I use is in the white crystal form. It comes from MHRB, specifically Mimosa Tenuiflora, that comes in a fine powder. I do an A/B extraction using distilled water, Hydrochloric Acid for the acidic extraction, and Sodium Hydroxide for the basification. The ph's i use are 1.3/1.4 for the acidic solution, and 11.7/11.8 for the basic solution. To pull the DMT from the basic solution I use VM&P Naptha, and I evaporate it leaning the dish a little to produce more concentrated crystals. After fine tuning this process I have turned what others have call a month process into something you can do within a couple days. I do not heat the solutions during any part of the process, everything is at room temperature. After every stir of the jars, when the ph is perfect, the layers are completely separated within 30 minutes or less, making the process take a fraction of the time. I've completed a batch in a lil over 24 hours once, just to see if I could do it. =) I hope others are having the same success I am, and if not then try to figure out how to fine tune your process to it's most fluent ph's.

thatcrazyguywhoknowsalot
#10 Posted : 4/18/2011 11:10:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol, I was thinking afterwards it may have been easier to read in different sections.

Yeah man, I had a feeling I was getting the most out of the bark I get. Like I said though, sometimes I get more than others. I think it has to do with the concentration in the different parts of the bag. I get the bark from a site called celestialsource I believe it is, and I think you can also look it up under ascensionbotanicals llc. It's the same company. They have a deep respect for the culture, and the correct harvesting/drying of the bark itself. It comes from south america, but the company is located in oregon so you don't have to deal with customs or anything like that. The DMT comes out in lil chunky white crystals, and I don't do any further purification afterwards, although I think I will in the future when I'm producing a bit more to see if I can get as close to clear DMT as possible. That would be nice. =) And I just evaporate it for now, but I'll probably try freezing it one day just to see the difference.

The GVG sounds great man. I've had that smooth experience before with a really pure oily form of DMT smoking it out of a glass oil pipe. It's a nice experience when you don't really feel it coming on until it hits you. =)

You know it's funny, I was supposed to take a san pedro plant off somebody's hands a while back, but before it was ready their dog ate it. hahah. I guess it wasn't the right time. Could you tell me a little bit about the mescaline experience? I've only heard a lil bit about it.

Word bro. I feel like I'm on the verge of freeing myself from the confines of the game reality entirely, and at that point I really don't know what I'll do. lol. I feel like this is all a story of awakening to the power that lies beneath all the layers of game reality, and that I will leave the general story behind, becoming the author of my own reality with the deepest sense of control over the way the story plays out. I know it's possible, having friends that have encountered others with this power. It's only a matter of time. It'd be nice to talk with some of these people, if I could find one down to share the knowledge.

DeMenTed
#11 Posted : 4/18/2011 11:39:39 PM

Barry

I'm pretty sure what you say about jungle spice protecting the dmt is absolutely true endlessness. I have brown spice from a hot water stb tek and you can pretty much put the flame straight on it and it doesn't burn or go and fire and belch smoke the way pure spice would.

I do understand what the o.p is saying though, if i weigh out a gramme of the brown dmt and a gramme of crystalline dmt the brown dmt is much smaller in size which makes me assume that other alkaloids and fats are adding lots of weight to the dmt. I end up smoking like 80mg of brown spice for the intensity of effects i feel at 40mg of pure spice.

If you want consistent changa then stick to one extraction technique and dont change it.