We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5 ways dmt has changed my life so far Options

iheartthisnewlife
#1 Posted : 4/18/2011 6:18:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings,

I have never participated in an online forum before, this is all new to me, but I need an outlet to talk about my dmt experience with others because I feel that I can't talk about it with other people who have never experienced it before. I feel that others think I sound super spacey and hippie when I try to tell them that there is something out there in the universe that is greater than our experience in this life. My life will never be the same, dmt helped take me to a whole new spiritual level. My life has so far changed in these ways:

- I now understand why I have always loved view spots and taking road trips. For me, seeing magnificent views and traveling through different landscapes always seemed to connect with "something deep inside", I saw and experienced what that "something deep inside" actually is.

- I am now a vegetarian. Something happened during my experience that made me feel more connected to living things than ever before.

- I am going to quit smoking and cut down on drinking. I don't want to disrespect my body anymore, I owe it to the universe or whatever is out there to be as healthy as I can.

- I have a new sense of mental clarity. For some reason I don't have the same anxieties and self doubt that I use to have, making decisions and acting on them now seems effortless and natural.

- I feel a burning need to meditate. Before, trying to meditate for as little as 10 minutes felt like torture, I couldn't do it. Now I feel that I absolutely have to meditate.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 4/18/2011 6:29:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great intro,
We need more reports like this.
Not just "I saw fractal x and then a funny shape appeared"

Thanks!

endlessness
#3 Posted : 4/18/2011 6:36:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Im glad DMT has helped you make positive, healthy and balanced changes in life! Psychedelics in general and DMT in particular have also helped me a lot in this sense too Smile

So since when are you smoking DMT? Did you try it orally yet? What extraction method are using and did you extract any other psychedelics yet? Have other psychedelics also offered you significant insights?

John Smith
#4 Posted : 4/18/2011 8:52:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Similar experiences to my own Smile The concept of respecting your own body and defeating needs and wants that deal with self-indulgence. Taking care of things.

Surprising how smooth the entry to the hyperspace is in this state.
INFORMATION
No input signal

bodhi
#5 Posted : 4/19/2011 3:38:13 AM

it's just a dream

I am totally with you on the need to meditate "iheartthisnewlife"!

For some reason my mind, previously "like a drunken monkey"

can now remain focused and still.Shocked

I suspect the DMT experience, is a step closer to the source; choose positive thoughts; you create your own reality.

tetra
#6 Posted : 4/19/2011 1:18:44 PM

BaconBerry

Who does not meditate disintegrates.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

Enoon
#7 Posted : 4/19/2011 2:26:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I've never been able to properly meditate... perhaps I should try with more dedication some time. But I have the typical western disiease that kicks in as soon as I sit down: MUST.DO.SOMETHING. Justifying existence by activity and production.

anyway, I can relate to most of what you wrote, so a very warm welcome to the forums. May you discover the mysteries of the self and the cosmos as you proceed to grow Smile

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

iheartthisnewlife
#8 Posted : 4/19/2011 8:53:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

So since when are you smoking DMT? Did you try it orally yet? What extraction method are using and did you extract any other psychedelics yet? Have other psychedelics also offered you significant insights?

I had never tried psychedelics before I tried dmt, I was always scared of mushrooms or acid, afraid of what I might see or that I would never be "normal" again after trying them, but for some reason I felt that dmt was meant for me. After hearing my friend talk about it and seeing the difference it made in his life I knew it was something I wanted to experience.

I saw dmt as a potential cure to all of the negative chatter I had in my head, and it was. I tried dmt for the first time last week, smoked some changa and then pure spice after that. It was one of the best decisions I ever made, I feel that my soul has been cleansed and that my mind has been freed from the bullshit that use to weight it down.

I am now more open to trying other psychedelics like acid or mushrooms if I am presented with the opportunity.

Not Sure
#9 Posted : 4/21/2011 5:51:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the type of report that should be shared with many. I feel if more people wrote about the life changes that occurred after they experienced DMT the reports would make a great book to share with the masses. It could be a book that is ongoing and can have a master copy online that continues to grow as more people improve their life after dmt.

lol, call it the DMT Bible and set it up like the bible...damn that could make a great mock bible. But all jokes aside the book about DMT life changes could be called "born again". I know that sounds like a joke but I like that title.
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 4/21/2011 6:06:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I had never tried psychedelics before I tried dmt, I was always scared of mushrooms or acid

Quote:
I am now more open to trying other psychedelics like acid or mushrooms if I am presented with the opportunity.

Felt the same way. After a while, i thought to be ready for mushrooms, and had a couple of low to mid dose experiences. Very happy about my decision. A summer evening with a low dose mushrooms with a dear friend = perfect. Also look into ayahuasca. Amazing plant, really.

RayOfLight
#11 Posted : 4/21/2011 6:16:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've learned so much from DMT and other psychedelics. I wish I could live up to everything I know. thats the challenge for me, Living it.
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

iheartthisnewlife
#12 Posted : 4/23/2011 7:02:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Not Sure wrote:
This is the type of report that should be shared with many. I feel if more people wrote about the life changes that occurred after they experienced DMT the reports would make a great book to share with the masses. It could be a book that is ongoing and can have a master copy online that continues to grow as more people improve their life after dmt.

I totally agree! I would like to know more about how it has changed other people's lives. How has it changed you all?

sauroman1
#13 Posted : 10/8/2015 4:44:35 PM

Anybody from Lisbon?

Amazing. Mushrooms tough me about compassion to all sentient beings and to care about own body which is now for me is delicate and sophisticated machine. Also I learned how precious is 3D world and it's vast complexity.

null24
#14 Posted : 10/8/2015 5:05:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ah, medicine! Yes, it's great to hear you're integration story rather than another description of the jeweled veil or whatever. Awesome, welcome, welcome.

Having a place to discuss these things, a community, is a crucial tool and the most useful in my integration set. You've found a great one here, you'll find input on many different aspects of life that relate to this practice- and that's all of it really- from the more spiritual, non measurable facets to the science.

You are in the right place, look forward to reading more.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

entheogenic-gnosis
#15 Posted : 10/9/2015 12:57:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The first time I smoked DMT I inhaled 200mgs in a single breath, the experience was fairly traumatic, I experienced death, which is something that is difficult to come to terms with, I experienced death, dismemberment, resurrection, and rebirth, and though this was the most difficult thing I have ever had to go through, it was also the single most significant and benneficial experience I have had in this incarnation.

It showed me that conscious existence is not limited to a physical body, that at death consciousness continues, though you only see the bardo before being catapulted back into the incarnation which had ingested the DMT, so your never shown if another incarnation comes after the bardo, or possibly eternal paradise or damnation as the monotheistic faiths preach, who knows, those questions may not be answered until actual death, but before this experience I was agnostic, after I was awakened, it was having "my third eye opened" it was the "beatific vision" in the experience I was dismembered, my organs torn from my chest and torso, fully removed, then my mangled corpse was filled with amazing glowing stones and morphing geometric objects, my wounds were sealed, and I was resurrected, then it was as if I was being pushed through a membrane, literally reborn, in reality I had simply curled up in a ball and began to cry after I had exhaled, but covered in tears and disoriented from transition, I had been reborn.

And since my views on consciousness and existence have been permanently altered, expanded.

I'm not sure if this awakening would have occurred regardless, DMT has not done this to me since, but at least in my case DMT was the catalyst into my rebirth, whether it was the source or simply the straw that broke the camels back, it was the key turning point.

I can relate very much to the initial post, something similar happened in my case. My flaw is the faith that DMT can do this for anyone, and perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm not alone in those who have experienced transformation as a result of an intense DMT experience.

-EG