We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A Few BLAB Questions Options

mmcakes
#1 Posted : 4/18/2011 3:02:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I have a few quick questions regarding the BLAB tek.

SWIM is soon going to try the BLAB tek to obtain some DMT-Fumerate for Pharmahuasca use. Unfortunately SWIM doesn't quite have the right materials. He doesn't have limonene, but has naptha (can this be substituted? I believe so). He doesn't yet have IPA, but he is unsure on what percentage IPA to get. BLAB says 99% IPA but he read somewhere that you need to use 90% because the fumaric acid needs to go into the water part? Could someone clarify? And the last question is if SWIM is using naptha, does it need to be saturated with DMT before adding FASI?

Also, SWIM has Acetone (Klean Strip). Can he use this instead of IPA? He has read conflicting information. Is FASI better than FASA?

Thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 4/18/2011 3:18:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

if you don't have limonene or xylene, you cant do the BLAB.

With naphtha you'd have to use fumaric acid saturated water (FASW) if you want to yield fumarate. This involves mixing this fumaric acid with hot water until no more dissolves, then stirring this thoroughly into your solvent, seperating and then evapping to yield DMT fumarate + a little excess fumaric acid.

mmcakes
#3 Posted : 4/18/2011 4:31:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I see. I can obtain Xylene much more easily than Limonene. Is there any difference when comparing these two(besides the "non-toxic" value of limonene)? Should I go through the trouble to find limonene? Also does the limonene/xylene need to be fully saturated?

Thanks

Red Eclipse
#4 Posted : 4/18/2011 4:46:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Is there any difference when comparing these two

Like you said, the d-limonene is "non-toxic". The biggest difference would be the smell, IMO. The difference in doing your work indoors and outdoors. Limonene smells, to me, like a citrus Pine Oil cleaner vs. a petrochem that smells a good bit worse then naphtha.

The cost is a bit more, but you can reuse your limonene a few times before discarding (xylene can be reused to) by washing.
Worth the time and money, IMO.

mmcakes
#5 Posted : 4/18/2011 5:22:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, I'll try to get some limonene. Any good brands out there (hopefully at lowes or home depot)? And then what about the IPA vs Acetone? Does the IPA need to be 99% or 90% or does it not matter? Also I'm guessing now that the solvent(limonene) does not need to be saturated, is that correct?

Infinite Thanks

Light-Being
#6 Posted : 4/18/2011 6:13:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Since you're doing it specifically for pharmahuasca and are going to ingest it, I'd say that is a great reason to use limonene. It's not hard to get, you just have to wait the 10 days or whatever for an online order to arrive. You won't find the pure stuff in stores, it's a specialty item. Go to [MODERATION: NO SUPPLIER MENTIONING OUTSIDE THE SUPPLIER SUBFORUM PLEASE]. I don't know why this one company dominates the North American market for limonene, but they do.

If you use xylene and don't take as long as necessary to let all xylene leave (could be days), you could end up with a salt that has molecules of xylene trapped in it that get in your stomach (yuck... bummer trip).

You could salt by extracting the limonene with FASW after extracting from your base/MHRB mix; evaporate the water and there's your fumarate. I did this, as have many others here, and it worked great.
Your friend from Galaxy X-946!

mmcakes
#7 Posted : 4/18/2011 7:18:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool I'll order from there. Do I want the Orange Terpene Food Grade? And so what are the differences between FASI, FASA, and FASW? Just evap times? Using any of these methods will yield precipitated fumarate, correct? So I can remove the top layer and just let the small amount left over (with crystals in it) evaporate?

Thanks

endlessness
#8 Posted : 4/18/2011 9:25:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not really, read BLAB again. with FASI and FASA there is no separation of layers because IPA/acetone mix with limonene/xylene, the crystals precipitate straight from the IPA/limonene mix after a few days and then you decant/filter (and wash with cold IPA to remove most limonene). With FASW there will be separation of layers, but what you want is the bottom acqueous layer, so you separate that and evap.

FASW will be quicker but will have more fumaric acid contamination but that can be removed with dry IPA/acetone washes.