We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Long time reader! First time posting :D Glad to be here. Options

DigiTehk
#1 Posted : 4/17/2011 12:52:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

thelittlehuskee
#2 Posted : 4/17/2011 10:22:16 PM

Maya Elizabeth

Awh, I will be here when you get back. I'm not quite done with you yet boy. ♥ It's cheesy & cliché to be posting on this for you, but you didn't ask for it and I wanted to welcome you here.. even though the reason I am here is you. :b xx
"I smoke to get high because the world is so low." - Kid Cudi.

Shrabbit420
#3 Posted : 4/17/2011 11:50:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice intro. Don't feel bad or discouraged about writing a lot or giving great detail. More detail explains your points better and gives others a better view of what your trying to get across.

I feel you on your points about drugs/religion and how our society views them and feeds you their lies. As soon as I was able to start to think freely and make decisions (age 9-13), I stopped believing in religion (at least the dogmatic ones). And then I was able to differentiate between religion and spirituality in my teen years, and able to find my own path. But during that time (early teens) I was introduced to cannabis, and I loved it, there was no negative side effects and it helped me greatly with the anxiety/depression I had. I then began to research psychoactive plants, as I had never liked prescription medication or hard drugs (they do have their place though). So my knowledge on the subject far outgrew others my age, as well as my teachers I found out, the anti-drug propaganda they preached always made me laugh, especially as they drink their coffee every morning, then go home and drink alcohol with a couple of pills. Thus I realized how much our society tries to lie to us and scare us away from the truth, which can be such a great thing.

But amid all this dogma our society pushes on us, the truth seeps through, we learn and spread the real knowledge to those who seek it.

Anyway, 'pre-flight anxiety' is very common. I get it before/while doing any psychedelics now (even mescaline, which the experience is nothing but fun). You just have to learn to let-go of those feelings and give-in to the experience. So far I have come to the conclusion that this is just the ego trying to protect itself by scaring you. There is nothing to be afraid of though, except for that very old saying that goes "there is nothing to fear, but fear itself". Fear is what holds us back, and letting-go of fear is very easy to do, you just have to accept fate, accept what you are experiencing, and then enjoy it. Bliss comes from within, and you must lean towards it instead of fear.

When it comes to psychedelics, especially powerful ones like DMT, 'set & setting' are everything (have you seen THIS yet?). I think this is what is affecting your mushrooms trips as well, after I learned to thoroughly apply 'set & setting' to my trips they have all been wonderful and exactly what I wanted to experience.

Welcome to the nexus.

Peace, and Love.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

DigiTehk
#4 Posted : 4/18/2011 4:56:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DigiTehk
#5 Posted : 4/18/2011 5:04:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher
#6 Posted : 4/18/2011 5:23:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome, DigiTehk.

Regarding the fear - my point of view is that if you're not afraid of DMT, you probably haven't done enough of it. It's a perfectly sane and natural response. Don't sweat it in any way.

Shrabbit420
#7 Posted : 4/18/2011 6:14:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel ya man. What the people in power are doing to this planet is just ludicrous. Knowing is more than half the battle though. As soon as you know what is wrong you can fix it, or at least try. And when it comes to something as big as the world/society, just do what you can, even if it only means living your life for the better, and spreading the message of the real truth. I feel that is where we are at now as a people (the ones who are awake at least). And we are doing what we can, as much as we can, but fighting against the system (the man) is not an easy fight.

DigiTehk wrote:
Is this Earth just the beginning?

I think so, yes.

DigiTehk wrote:
The entities on a DMT trip, they are superior beings then ourselves.

Some people say they are separate entities, some say they are manifestations of yourself. My beliefs? put simply, Both...

DigiTehk wrote:
Is it safe to say there a hierarchal system of biology?

On this earth? Yes.
But as to what I think you were actually trying to ask, I would say its more like a hierarchical system of consciousness.

And just like Art said, "if you're not afraid of DMT, you probably haven't done enough of it".

My own experience, (What led to this was a lack of respect for the spice, and a lack of foresight to check the bowl after my friend used it {i.e. a big dose I wasn't ready for}, and just an overall lack of preparation):

I scared myself away from it over a year ago, I've had ego-death before, but what I experienced the second to last time I tried it was 'actual death' (not literally). I was fine physically, but in that mental state I had been dead for a few hours. I saw my friends and family crying over my dead body in my room as I floated above it. All I heard was screams of hundreds of other dead people around me (later I learned shamans call this, hearing the river of souls), there was no 'tripping' in this state. It was only until about 5 minutes later when I sat up in my bed clutching my chest and gasping for air, that I realized I was alive. I asked my friend in the next room how long I was gone for, he says '5-10 minutes', but for me it was hours.

It wasn't until a few months ago I finally dipped back into DMT with a little teaser hit, and I was still scared then from my very harrowing experience. And I am just now beginning to finally be comfortable with exploring DMT again, it's all about you and your feelings, you control what is happening to you more than anything else.

The drugs we ingest are simply enhancing perceptions we already have. Some (like DMT) can enhance our perception so much that we open pathways/gates/eyes (whatever you want to call them) that have been closed, and this information floods us. It can be overwhelming, and even downright scary, but its nothing that you can't handle... if you let yourself. Like I said before, its fear that holds us back, and you either let your fears control you, or you conquer your fears and become a better person because of it.

What I have learned is to fear nothing, not even death. Accept everything, and do what you can, and enjoy what you can. Because the opposite of this, would be like the opposite to what life is.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

thelittlehuskee
#8 Posted : 4/18/2011 6:51:17 AM

Maya Elizabeth

Shrabbit420 wrote:
I scared myself away from it over a year ago, I've had ego-death before, but what I experienced the second to last time I tried it was 'actual death' (not literally). I was fine physically, but in that mental state I had been dead for a few hours. I saw my friends and family crying over my dead body in my room as I floated above it. All I heard was screams of hundreds of other dead people around me (later I learned shamans call this, hearing the river of souls), there was no 'tripping' in this state. It was only until about 5 minutes later when I sat up in my bed clutching my chest and gasping for air, that I realized I was alive. I asked my friend in the next room how long I was gone for, he says '5-10 minutes', but for me it was hours.

It sounds like this "actual death" kind of trip is what one of our good mates had when we introduced him to the spice. He had a really intense trip, which caused him to yell out and scream through half of it (even though he wasn't actually with us at the time, if you understand that). He would yell, "AHHHHHHH" and "OH SH**, OH SH**, OH SH**" (I know it asks to watch ones language, so I tried but he really was screaming that). And it would fluctuate as if he was on a roller coaster. When he came back, he told us that he had been dying... over and over again. In a million different ways. He said it was the scariest thing ever, but afterwards he decided that it had been a beautiful trip and that it was incredibly enlightening--which is good.

Shrabbit420 wrote:
What I have learned is to fear nothing, not even death. Accept everything, and do what you can, and enjoy what you can. Because the opposite of this, would be like the opposite to what life is.

This is an incredibly... ugh. What is the word I would like to use? This statement here is just so... overwhelming in the truth it beholds. Reading it--Because the opposite of this, would be like the opposite to what life is--sends shivers down my back. The profound meaning behind it is so intense; but only because it is so, so true. I think Tehk will greatly appreciate reading that once he can get on & have a looksee at what you've said. x
"I smoke to get high because the world is so low." - Kid Cudi.

Shrabbit420
#9 Posted : 4/18/2011 8:30:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've seen death in many forms, and I was not afraid of dying at the time so that wasn't necessarily 'terrifying'. What made me scared was watching my loved ones despair over what had happened, and possibly the negativity it could've brought upon such a wonderful substance.

I should've added onto the end of that short experience report, that although it was harrowing, I learned a lot. It showed me exactly what I needed to work on in my life. And that was to not fear anything, to learn to let go, and most importantly to tell my loved ones how I feel spiritually, and what I think about these substances that open the hidden pathways.

My family knows how I feel now concerning the after-life and how these drugs I choose to do are related to it.
I'm able to get over my fears, they sneak up on me every now and then, but I'm able to tell myself to relax and get past it.
But I'm still working on the letting go part. Meditation helps a lot, but when I get to that point it's just as strong as any psychedelic I've taken, and I end up scaring myself back down into this dimension. I'm doing what I can to work on it though, one step at a time, that's all there is to it.

(And this is where the Tolle quote I have in my signature comes into play, the biggest thing I need to learn is to surrender. And it is also the main point behind what I try to teach people as well).

Peace, and Love.

Eckhart Tolle