We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Fun wikipedia game Options

CosmicFool
#1 Posted : 4/15/2011 2:01:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1. First get to wikipedia and click the random article
2. Click the first link in the article (but none of those that are in parentheses)
3. Do this as long as it takes
4. Eventually you will stumble upon the articles of Mind or Consciousness (or both)

prove me wrong Smile I started from the article of Tautovo (small russian village) and by clicking through about 10-15 pages ended on consciousness Smile
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

CosmicFool is a fictional character, a creation of imagination, and everything written above should not be taken seriously, or perhaps read at all.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 4/15/2011 2:25:18 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Ehhh, something tells me that this will happen with about any word, not only with mind and Consciousness. This since you are digging randomly in the database of Wikipedia which is rather large.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Dolla Bill
#3 Posted : 4/15/2011 2:33:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I clicked 100 times and didn't come across either word. I did find Capitalism, the video game! Also came across the entry for 'extinct'
if you claimin' gaaaangstaaaa then bang on the system and show that you ready to ride!

the truth is scary, it's very revolutionary / the signal is gone and faded, the televisions are buried / have you heard of the beast? well we all live in the belly / inhabitants of the concrete jungle to silicone valley / there is nothing to fear; not even illuminati / as evil as things appear, perception is just reality / I ain't really here, a holographic anatomy / really I'm on a ship with the planetary academy OW

(*** mindfully militant and respectfully yours ***)

CosmicFool
#4 Posted : 4/15/2011 2:45:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahh I guess I should have cleared the rules just a bit, always click on the first link of the article you get to, i.e. Random Article -> Desert, now desert's description goes "A desert is a landscape or region" with landscape being the first link to click, from landscape you get to land, and from there to terrestrial and landform to earth sciences etc etc. Smile

Traveler, I guess so, since I have done this with few other words too and ended up in the same articles eventually, but anyways its fun for a few tries Smile
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

CosmicFool is a fictional character, a creation of imagination, and everything written above should not be taken seriously, or perhaps read at all.

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 4/15/2011 3:32:24 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

CosmicFool wrote:
Traveler, I guess so, since I have done this with few other words too and ended up in the same articles eventually, but anyways its fun for a few tries Smile

It would be nice if all links ends on the DMT-nexus. Laughing

Kind regards,

The Traveler

clouds
#6 Posted : 4/15/2011 4:07:13 PM

Human

worked for me. From Hurricane Isabel to storms to sciences to mathematics to rational arguments to philosophy to reason to consciousness.
I think the trick is that most articles will eventually lead to sciences or language or thought or philosophy

ElusiveMind
#7 Posted : 4/15/2011 7:54:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I played the game and ultimately got caught in a loop of Philosophy -> reason -> rationality -> Philosophy

HAHAHA Laughing

But I can see the reason why the links will always go back the Mind or Concious or something philosophy related is because everything science related (which is what we base our world off of) was created by some sort of philosophical question. Psychology, astronomy, etc. were all created into a dedicated science because someone asked the right questions and got people wondering Very happy Wink

Good game,
ElusiveMind
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

#8 Posted : 4/16/2011 3:52:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ElusiveMind wrote:
I played the game and ultimately got caught in a loop of Philosophy -> reason -> rationality -> Philosophy

exactly the same loop for me. I wonder if it always ends up here? interesting!

EDIT: just tried again and the random article was "Western philosophy"
Laughing
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

CosmicFool
#9 Posted : 4/16/2011 8:41:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nexians caught in a loop, now how could that happen? ;D

Sublime
#10 Posted : 4/16/2011 9:03:08 AM

Intraterrestrial

I got stuck in the same loop but when back and when you get to the page of Reason,

"The faculty of reason, rationality, or the faculty of discursive reason (in opposition to "intuitive reason"Pleased is a mental ability found in human beings and normally considered to be a definitive characteristic of human nature.[1] It is closely associated with such human activities as language, science, art, mathematics and philosophy."

Instead of clicking on rationality, click on mental ability, not the bold words that are part of the definition. God I hate loops.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."