We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ontario judge declares criminalization of pot unconstitutional Options

actualfactual
#1 Posted : 4/13/2011 6:39:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Ontario is one step closer to the legalization of marijuana after the Ontario Superior Court struck down two key parts of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act that prohibit the possession and production of pot.

The court declared the rules that govern medical marijuana access and the prohibitions laid out in Sections 4 and 7 of the act "constitutionally invalid and of no force and effect" on Monday, effectively paving the way for legalization.

If the government does not respond within 90 days with a successful delay or re-regulation of marijuana, the drug will be legal to possess and produce in Ontario, where the decision is binding.

article @ http://www.vancouversun....story.html#ixzz1JNJz36iz

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

proto-pax
#2 Posted : 4/13/2011 8:50:30 PM

bird-brain

Guess I figured out where I'm going to grad school.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Elf Machine
#3 Posted : 4/13/2011 9:35:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The federal conservatives will not let that happen. Thay are hellbent on following George Bush style politics, especially with their newer policy of prison building and mandatory minimum sentences. When the Liberals were in power they did decriminalized marijuana(up to 27 grams) but as soon as the Tories won they reversed that law.

Shrabbit420
#4 Posted : 4/13/2011 9:38:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At first I thought this was about Ontario California, and I got really excited and happy. Then I realized it was Canada, and got sad. I am glad that Canadians are able to see the benefits of cannabis. Now we just need some American judges to do the same thing over here.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

ElusiveMind
#5 Posted : 4/14/2011 5:41:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Elf Machine wrote:
The federal conservatives will not let that happen. Thay are hellbent on following George Bush style politics, especially with their newer policy of prison building and mandatory minimum sentences. When the Liberals were in power they did decriminalized marijuana(up to 27 grams) but as soon as the Tories won they reversed that law.

One benefit that will help stall the Tories is the fact that elections will be happening during that time. On top of that, they have to fully establish themselves again among other things. It *could* happen... all we need is a precedence that will start this... once someone gets caught again and goes up to the Supreme court, the we will have a STRONG case law that the lower courts will have to follow.... of course all this can come crumbling down fairly quickly if the Tories just create a new law that crushes the Stare Decisis of the Supreme court of Canada.... through Legislative Supremacy...

Hears hoping it all works out! Very happy Rolling eyes

ElusiveMind

EDIT:

Actually I totally forgot the whole stance on this case was the fact that it was unconstitutional!! Only way to beat this down is if the government can pass the Oakes test successfully... which I forsee could be difficult... Very happy
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional