We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
chaotic adventure. Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 4/13/2011 10:46:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I'm gradually starting to get a bit more coherent picture of the the events that took place a few days ago and that i like to discribe as being hit by a psychedelic freight train.

Saturday evening, around 9, i started eating powdered iboga rootbark. First i ate 5 grams, an amount i had taken before and of wich i knew the effects. I waited for these effects to start coming-up and then i proceded ingesting the iboga with taking about 1 teaspoon every ten minutes untill i had ingested 12 grams of it.

I felt sedated and a bit trippy, like with 5 grams of the stuff. But 90 minutes after the last teaspoon i had taken, the effects still had not changed and i started to think that i had failed to launch.

I stood up and my entire perspective changed and i heared a deep electric buzzing sound that was so powerfully hypnotic that it was almost scary.
It felt like i was completely dissolving in this sound, much more even than you have with the DMT carrier wave.
It was as if i was passing out and my entire existance was gonna be totally erased within a matter of seconds.

Laying down again, i started to realise where i had gotten myself into.
Everything was getting hazy and my visual field was being filled with cartoon-like images like you sometimes see on shrooms or acid, although much less refined and elegant. Yet their colours had the same intensity.
But there where many other visual phenomena that where totally unlike tryptamine or acid visuals and all of these hallucinations where like pinballs sliding through and into eachother, accompanied with flashes of light, beams, dots and propellors.
There where realistic sharp images, but also hazey visions and visuals that seemed like they where made out of dust and there where also visuals that seemed to be made out of darkness, like shadows crawling into my visual field.

Although i was very aware of the fact that i was far away from planet earth, i still was constantly underestimating exactly how far from earth i was and constantly being reminded of it.
There was a moment that i was pretty confident that i was able to distinguish hallucinations from real objects. I said to myself:" i can clearly see that the yellow liquid light, moving around that shaft-opening in the roof is not real...Wait a minute...there is no shaft opening in the ceiling!!!" This happened a few times. Besides shaft-openings there where things like nobs and airfilters and other things that just wheren't there.

It was all chaotic and seemingly meaningless and it stayed that way throughout the experience.

A bearded dwarf-like guy emerged, looking a bit like an uncle of me, lecturing me about charicatures, how the word charicature is derived from the word character and how important character is. Than i saw a whole bunch of very shabby figures that where engaged in sad muddy sex and unfortunately i saw myself among them engaging in their muddy sad activity's.

Eventually all those meaningless images of muddy things dissapeared and there where faces hovering over me.

Than a blue cloud emerged above me and a small hole emerged into it. It became larger and there was some wizard there inside it, made of a powdery light very much like on the DMT-nexus site where you can choose between the forum, games etc. and you have this blue circle in the middle of it with a powdery sort of image into it.

Eventually after 12 hours or so, the effects started to subside and although i was still tripping like i had taken a big dose of LSD and heavily sedated, i felt like i was getting sober again.
I went to my computer to type a trip-report on this great site. But i realised i could not realy make any sense out of what had happened and after a few lines of typing i just became too disoriented to type anything further.

And THEN the purge started. All the while there had been no purge, not even an unpleasant feeling in my stomach or a sense of motionsickness. one of the reasons i initially thought i had failed to launch. But now it came and it came on big.

It just went on for hours and although i tried to hydrate by drinking water and eating some rusk, everytime the entire content of my stomach was being emtied again and i felt like i was dehydrating fast.

It went on like this untill 11 o clock in the evening.

Eventually i felt my stomach coming to rest and although i was still heavily belching, the puking stopped and i could drink some water and actually retain it. I didn't try to eat anything still.

Then something extraordinary happened: I started tripping again. The visuals i was having now where realy insane. There where white, powerfully flashing tracers flowing from every corner of my eye, almost taking over my entire visual field and the parts of my visual field that where filled with them became absolutely liquid. The flashes of light where so bright that it looked like they wheren't hallucinated but very real. They where everywhere and they kept coming fast.

It went on like this untill maybe 4 or 5 in the morning.

Eventually they vanished although they kept coming back in a milder form for the next few days.

The hypnotic buzzing though went on untill late in the evening (monday). A powerfull metallic buzzing that sounds like the buzzing of big electric converters, that just hypnotizes you. A sound that somehow sucks you into it, dissolving you and that keeps doing that for days on. Making you feel you're fainting throughout the heavy part of the trip and sometimes later on as well, during the physically intense moments when you're trying to stand or walk.

There is no other psychedelic i have ever experienced that gives such a deep feeling of total immersion. It even surpasses ayahuasca in this sense, although it lacks the feeling of divinity, the clarity and the beauty of aya.

But all in all, iboga is more than any other substance an adventure to undergo, even though in my case it completely lacked any meaning, any coherence or some sort of theme or storyline.

I think that next time i will have someone with me to guide me through the experience because i could have gone deeper if i'd had a guide with me, i feel.

This was not my last iboga journey, but i'm not going to do it again very soon. I need some time to integrate all of this and get back to everyday consensus reality.

I think iboga could very well be the most powerfull psychedelic in the world.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.