We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharmahuasca - what MAOIs are there? Options

outrider
#1 Posted : 11/4/2008 6:28:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi
SWIM would like to know what substances/medicines are suitable as a good MAOI for making pharmahuasca

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Observant
#2 Posted : 11/4/2008 6:44:40 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

The First ones on my mind

Harmine - Harmaline - Tetrahydroharmine - Natural Beta Carbolines

Moclobemide - The MAOI Antidepressant Drug

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

outrider
#3 Posted : 11/4/2008 7:54:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

* Isocarboxazid (Marplan)
* Moclobemide (Aurorix, Manerix, Moclodura)
* Phenelzine (Nardil)
* Tranylcypromine (Parnate contents 5 mg, Jatrosom contents 10 mg)
* Selegiline (Selegiline, Eldepryl), and Emsam, Zelapar
* Rasagiline (Azilect)
* Nialamide
* Iproniazid (Marsilid, Iprozid, Ipronid, Rivivol, Propilniazida)
* Iproclozide
* Toloxatone
* Linezolid (Zyvox, Zyvoxid), an antibiotic of the oxazolidinone family, is a reversible, nonselective MAOI which has been known to induce serotonin syndrome post SSRI ingestion. Zyvox requires the same dietary precautions as other MAOI's
* Many tryptamines have MAOI properties. Harmine (present in Harmal, Banisteriopsis caapi, and tobacco) is a powerful MAOI, which is often used as one of the ingredients of ayahuasca. Certain synthetic tryptamines such as AMT, 5-MeO-DMT or 5-MeO-AMT produce only minor MAO inhibition. The phenethylamine derivatives substituted with a sulfur at the 4-position, such as 2C-T-7 are quite potent MAO-A inhibitors,[5] which makes them potentially dangerous when taken in large doses, or when combined with stimulants such as ephedrine or MDMA. Some deaths have occurred from such combinations.
* Dienolide kavapyrone desmethoxyyangonin (MAO-B inhibitor)[6]
* Dextroamphetamine [2]
* Methylene blue

which ones are good?

Observant
#4 Posted : 11/4/2008 8:00:27 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

outrider wrote:

ahw cool - you knew them already .

For Pharmahuasca , SWIM would stick to those I mentioned
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

outrider
#5 Posted : 11/4/2008 8:01:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

but whats the differences between the ones you mentioned? duration and effect and diet wise?
Are they available in Pharmacies?

endlessness
#6 Posted : 11/4/2008 9:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

why not stick to the tried and tested ones: caapi and syrian rue

im sure you can buy on stores or over the internet basically everywhere in the world, legally..

dont go the pharmaceutical way.. first of all you´ll be giving money to pharmaceutical industries, and also we just dont know the long term effect of these substances.. With rue and caapi, on the other hand, there is documented use for thousands of years and they are known to be pretty safe physically

just dont be taking anti depressants if you decide to take any form of MAOI.. Food interaction with rue and caapi is minimum to inexistent (though still out of respect for the substance and for your body, dont go eating too much heavy industrialized overripe whatever food just before or after tripping)

Observant
#7 Posted : 11/4/2008 9:46:00 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Yep , Caapi is the best way to go - even if a little more Expensive.
Absolutely recommended
Stop

outrider
#8 Posted : 11/4/2008 11:16:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

well a freidn bought somewhere 1gram of 10x caapi extact.. is that good?

or in a different way: how and how much can/should i use of these two?? and when. prefer no stomach problems and stuff put in capsules, maybe a glass ob tea that doesnt taste like complete ass.. but nothing worse than that.. any recommendations?

endlessness
#9 Posted : 11/5/2008 1:04:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

outrider wrote:
well a freidn bought somewhere 1gram of 10x caapi extact.. is that good?

or in a different way: how and how much can/should i use of these two?? and when. prefer no stomach problems and stuff put in capsules, maybe a glass ob tea that doesnt taste like complete ass.. but nothing worse than that.. any recommendations?

boil 3g of rue (a normal dose) with a bit of white vinegar (or glacial acetic acid) for 20 mins, filter the liquid and keep, put the solid again in the pot with more water and vinegar, repeat once more for a total of 3x.. Then throw away the solids, boil down the liquid to small amount (like, say, 70ml ).. Then mix with bit of honey..

half an hour before you drink it, make some strong ginger tea and drink (helps diminishing nausea)..

then drink it without breathing through the nose so you dont feel too much of the taste.. and thats it, I dont find it too bad.

Darkbb
#10 Posted : 11/5/2008 2:10:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A lil off topic but I don't want to start a new thread.

When people sell like 10x caapi extract is that basically pure harmala's?

69ron
#11 Posted : 11/5/2008 2:18:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Darkbb wrote:
A lil off topic but I don't want to start a new thread.

When people sell like 10x caapi extract is that basically pure harmala's?

Not by a long shot! A 200x caapi extract is nearly pure harmalas. Caapi averages about 0.5% alkaloids.

For rue, a 33x extract is nearly pure harmalas. Rue averages about 3% alkaloids.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

outrider
#12 Posted : 11/5/2008 12:26:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

so is the 10x extract of any use?

btw ron please empty your PM folder at the DF, its full, i tried to send you a pm there Smile

Entropymancer
#13 Posted : 11/5/2008 4:32:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

A single gram of 10x caapi extract is unlikely to be of much use. Typically at least 30 grams of caapi are used in an ayahuasca brew.

'Coatl
#14 Posted : 11/5/2008 5:35:58 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Why not just use Caapi and Psychotria?

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

acolon_5
#15 Posted : 11/5/2008 8:53:36 PM

The Great Namah

^ Many people can't stomach the taste or don't have the time to commit to an all day brewing process. I think it is part of the healing process that Aya provides, however, there are certianly reasons one would want to go the pharma route.

The best suggestion I can give is to extract rue yourself, boil down some caapi brew to a powder, or go online and get almost pure harmine/harmaline/and-or THH.

I would completely stay away from all pharma MAOI's except Moclobemide, as they are all permenant MAO A+B inhibitors. This means that they bind to the MAOs in your body and don't let go. Your body needs a couple of weeks to build up new MAO's. Food restrictions DO apply to pharma MAOI's (except moclobemide which is a temp MAOI). Natural beta-carbolines are much safer and cost effective.

Caapi does provide the best experience IMHO.

From reports Caapi extracts do not give quite the same feeling as a caapi brew. The x10 is a little misleading. It does not mean 10X the stregnth of the caapi vine they extracted, but means it took 10grams of caapi to make 1gram of extract. Some alkaloids are lost in this process and it is very rare to get an extract that is actually 10x the stregnth as the original material.

It is cheaper to buy your own caapi, make a brew, and carefully reduce to a powder. This gives you 100% (or close to it) of the alkaloids that were in the brew and you aren't paying for the labor and materials for the extract.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

'Coatl
#16 Posted : 11/7/2008 5:50:37 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
From reports Caapi extracts do not give quite the same feeling as a caapi brew. The x10 is a little misleading. It does not mean 10X the stregnth of the caapi vine they extracted, but means it took 10grams of caapi to make 1gram of extract. Some alkaloids are lost in this process and it is very rare to get an extract that is actually 10x the stregnth as the original material.

It is cheaper to buy your own caapi, make a brew, and carefully reduce to a powder. This gives you 100% (or close to it) of the alkaloids that were in the brew and you aren't paying for the labor and materials for the extract.

Good post, go with pure THH, harmine and harmala + DMT, or just go with the real deal... do Ayahuasca.

So people know this real traditional Ayahuasca always contains Caapi and at least one of the two following ingredients- Psychotria and/or Diplopterys.

Anything esle is NOT real Ayahuasca, it may be DMT + MAOI, but it's NOT real Ayahuasca.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb