We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi fellow light seekers, for aya - whole or shredded or powdered Options

holysatan
#1 Posted : 4/10/2011 6:31:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has done acid and shrooms a few times and recently started growing a batch of shrooms.
He has had experience with DiMiTri only once. Smoked 500 mg in two continuous sittings and was blown away.
He didn't get scared of it, but wants to benefit from the healing power of the vine rather than just go balls to the wall with the pure spirit. It was amazing but also very overwhelming.

My first question is (and SWIM actually searched the whole forum the best he could),

Whether to buy whole or shredded or powdered vine. I also know that it has been mentioned in the very first sticky post in the Ayahuasca forum.

What I want to know is is there a thread where people share their experience comparing differently processed vines.

The reason I am asking this questions is because:

SWIM found some vendor selling whole for $68 and powdered for $45 per pound. And another vendor (who doesn't have whole vine pieces) selling powdered for $36 per pound.

So, if whole is not much more potent than powdered then SWIM would like to save some money.

Thanks in advance,
A fellow light seeker
Om purna mada purna midam That is the Whole, this is the Whole,
purnat purnam udachyate From the Whole, the Whole arises,
purnasya purnam adaya Taking away the Whole from the Whole,
purnam eva vasishyate The Whole remains,
om santi santi santihi Om Peace, peace, peace.

Om asato ma sad gamaya Lead us from untruth to Truth,
tamaso ma jyotir gamaya From darkness to Light,
mrityor ma amritam gamaya From death to Immortality,

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/10/2011 10:41:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

What is your smoking method for DMT, if I may ask? going through 500mg in two sittings seems to imply to me there is a lot being wasted, maybe burned ? If you plan on having a longer relationship with DMT or if you smoke weed too, I suggest getting a GVG, it will make your vaporization method way more smooth and effective.

You say you only tried DMT at that time, are you planning on extracting and trying again? And/or maybe taking it orally ?

As for the powdered vs whole caapi, I never gotten pre-powdered caapi vine, so I cant compare by experience, maybe someone else will chime in. What I can say is, regardless if you dont get it powdered, be sure to break/powder it as much as possible before brewing to get most alkaloids out. Will you add some dmt admixture to the aya? Which? What dosages are you considering?

Check the supplier section for good suppliers. Good luck!

holysatan
#3 Posted : 4/10/2011 11:10:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi endlessness. Thank you for such a fast reply. I am sorry I think I wasn't very clear with my question.

The only time SWIM tried SWIM smoked out of a bubbler pipe with the DMT put on a bed of weed. SWIM also owns an Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer. So if SWIM tries DMT again SWIM is going to use the vaporizer. As far as the 500 mg I mentioned. SWIM took 2 really large hits (SWIM has a decent lung capacity). Then after half an hour SWIM did the same thing again with a little less DMT in the bubbler. SWIM's friend told him that they consumed 1 g total.

But my question here was about Aya. As SWIM has never tried it before, for the first time SWIM wants to just try the caapi brew without any admixture a few times. Ones SWIM connects with the vine, SWIM plans to try different combinations Chacruna, Chaliponga, Mimosa Hostilis and maybe Confusa.

SWIM is considering to make a 50-60 gm brew of just caapi and take it from there.

The next time SWIM plans to add 50-60 gm of caapi and 50-60 gm of Chacruna to make the brew.

SWIM has checked out the supplier section and found some really really good inputs. You guys are awesome.

Bottom-line being: SWIM is new and wants to benefit from the vine and see light as so many others already have.

Thanks again.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 4/10/2011 11:33:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That amount of dmt you used is absurd! There's just no way you could have gone through that amount if it was properly being vaporized, so this means a lot must have been wasted/burned, etc.

With a GVG, most people can completely breakthrough with, say, 30mg. This means being completely immersed in this other dimension, even forgetting who you are, entities and what not, coming back crying/laughing, etc. If you get one of these, you most likely will feel its 'enough' for the day, or maybe you will do it once or twice more that day, but very likely not more. This means with a good vaporization method you could have over 30x visits to hyperspace, instead of two times as you did.

I dont know about your vaporizer, its worth a try I guess, but depending how its built, the DMT might make it stink of indole forever, ruining it if you want to vap weed or something. So make sure you can perfectly clean all the parts of it.

As for your aya plan, it sounds good. Good luck and let us know!

holysatan
#5 Posted : 4/10/2011 11:50:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I definitely will let you know what happens with SWIM's plans.

I completely agree with what you say about the waste. I guess SWIm didn't know any better. Nevertheless, SWIM's experience was extremely overwhelming.

I don't think SWIM is going to use pure extract anytime soon. It's a very elaborate process and SWIM is not good with handling chemicals so much :-). But if SWIM ever plans to use it or uses it it'll be posted here in the forum. I have heard a bag tipe vaporizer like SWIM's arizer (which is like a Volcano only much much cheaper) works fine.

Agave
#6 Posted : 4/11/2011 5:43:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I prefer whole vine. In fact any whole plant material. It keeps longer and doesn't oxidize as quickly, plus you can see what your getting. Also, there is just a certain primitive satisfaction in pounding out your vine and any time spent with it is quality timeVery happy
As Within, So Without.