We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Philosophers Stones Options

Shpongle
#1 Posted : 4/6/2011 5:43:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Memo:

cc:nexus

The extra wheat durum cakes went into the fruiting chamber severely under colonized. They began to form mutations which were picked off and boiled. they are drying..not sure that is a good idea. 227 C.

The cakes are meanwhile sitting in a 1/200 bleach H2O solution for the next six hours.

The fruiting chamber was once again nested and aluminum foil is laid out across for the cakes.

The cakes will be rinsed and allowed to sit at room temperature for several days.
A great deal of meditation is required

Fear the Journey not the cops

FunFUnFUN

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

memo
#2 Posted : 4/6/2011 10:12:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Shpongle,
Since your post seemed to be addressed to me Smile,,,,oh yeah, I don't capitalize. Anyway, since the header of this was Philosophers Stones I wanted to ask why you would need a fruiting chamber since Philosophers Stones are sclerotia and you don't need to fruit the mycelium to produce them?
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

Shpongle
#3 Posted : 4/7/2011 6:26:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much. I never get any friggin' responses to my posts. You will be the third person who has ever said anything back.
"In answer to your query.." The whole problem that started was that I never intentionally made the cakes. But since I wrapped up my straw and didn't feel like making anymore, I had all these little jars full of grain that had colonized somewhat. I wasn't sure what the hell happened so I assumed that calling the mutations philosophers stones would at least put my mind at rest about it. Anyway I never ate them but I Boiled them and drank the water. Gross, tripping, etc.

I took the cakes from that and bleached them which seemed like a good idea from what I've read, on peroxide and bleach methods for bulk manure projects.
And so the straw took very nicely to the peroxide and the cakes themselves took extremely well to the bleach, as a matter of fact there were pins formed after less than 24 hours on the cakes.

FunFUnFUN

memo
#4 Posted : 4/7/2011 10:04:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had a lot of problems with contamination also. I've pretty much given up on trying to save anything that has gotten an infection. I tried to get P. Mexicana in rye grass spawn bags to produce Philosophers Stones but that failed. I hope to give it another shot soon. Good luck!

memo
#5 Posted : 4/8/2011 2:44:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just thought I'd mention about your feeling that you never get any responses to your posts. I've had kind of a weird similar feeling where there will be a wonderful thread that is running strong and I'll post and my post is the last post for the thread. I was kind of feeling like a "Thread Killer!" for a while Smile.

Shpongle
#6 Posted : 4/8/2011 9:18:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes contamination was easier to find after the bleach dunk, anything unusable was soft like rotten fruit. The other sulfuric contamination (conditions of the closet with a water heater, ridiculously terrible idea) remains on a few cakes. However there are pinheads growing from the area around it and 'm wondering now what to expect.

I have been using DUSTER to disturb the CO2 build-up, so that fanning doesn't introduce foreign particles to the air supply, works like a charm.

***UPDATE***
One of my cakes has a vibrant yellow, growth. I'm guessing this is sulfuric mold. I want to cut it off to save the cake.

FunFUnFUN

LandOfOz
#7 Posted : 4/9/2011 1:45:32 AM

Oz

duster is not air..... atleast whats sold here isnt....

nn-DMT
#8 Posted : 4/9/2011 8:14:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shpongle wrote:
Yes contamination was easier to find after the bleach dunk,

By bleach are you referring to Hydrogen peroxide or chlorine bleach (ie clorox)?
All post are made by SWIM. I am not SWIM.

Shpongle
#9 Posted : 4/9/2011 8:19:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah NN-DMT pixies used a peroxide/water solution for the straw to steam it in that. pixies used one cap full of bleach (which is like half a teaspoon) to one quart of water.

FunFUnFUN