We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does this Mushroom Contain psilocybin ? Options

vibrancy3
#1 Posted : 9/20/2010 11:04:45 PM

Josh

Hey Nexus,

Right ok i dont know jack-sh*t about mushrooms.........

(i have tripped lke once or twice on liberty caps and errr i think mexican cubentas, dont know proper name all i know is ww3 happened on my ceiling and it was divine)

Anyway after walking back from college today i seen quite a huge mushroonm! it looked lke the typical type of mushroom that would just be ''tasty'' to some peole and not make you trip. but i just wanted to clarify if it contained psilocybin or not???

Here's is a picture of the bad boy >>>>>

Mushroom 1

Mushroom 2

Mushroom 3

As you can see its even gots its own face and is preety big when u see it in person, i am going to get some latex gloves and big baggy tomo and flick it n collect after college tomo, psilocybin or not its kinda cool mushy

Sooo jsut wanted to know wheather it contains psilocybin or not ?

Any answers would be appriciated Very happy

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Shadowman-x
#2 Posted : 9/20/2010 11:27:26 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

I don't believe it does, & i don't believe that's safe to eat.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

DiMiTriX
#3 Posted : 9/20/2010 11:31:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

man.. i thin it's a shroom of Lepiota genus they are edible and good but not entheogenic Confused
sorry you posted in the wrong place unfortunatly...heheh Sad cook em on barbeque and enjoy anyway Wink
Tz'is aná

vibrancy3
#4 Posted : 9/20/2010 11:39:56 PM

Josh

Dammmm you know when stumbled upon it, did kinda think it was just normal mushroom Sad

And sorry for posting in wrong place, figured post it in the mushroom section as its about mushrooms lol

Anyway thankx for everyone help and replies Very happy

Phantastica
#5 Posted : 9/21/2010 12:59:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there's no way that that's a Psilocybe. A reliable method is to do two things: break a part of the mushroom stem, and see if it bruises blue within the next few seconds to a minute. And the other thing is to take a sporeprint, and make sure that its purple-blue. If these two requirements are met, then you can be almost certain that this is a Psilocybe. It should still however be confirmed that this is in fact a Psilocybe. For ID's like this, Shroomery, and Mycotopia are great places to ask.
it does actually look very much like a Lepiota
<3

vibrancy3
#6 Posted : 9/21/2010 1:58:58 AM

Josh

Phantastica wrote:
A reliable method is to do two things: break a part of the mushroom stem, and see if it bruises blue within the next few seconds to a minute. And the other thing is to take a sporeprint, and make sure that its purple-blue

thanks Phantastica, you always have some reliable advise when i ask questions, nice 1 bro Very happy

Entheojen
#7 Posted : 9/21/2010 9:09:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Your first concern should be whether the mushroom is safe to ingest, before considering if it's got psylocibin.

The closest I can find in my guide book is the Macrolepiota procera. It is listed as safe to eat if cooked, but poisonous if eaten raw.

The other one that looks like it is Lepiota cristata (stinking parasol) which is poisonous.

You really need to take a spore print and photos of the gills for a more definite identification.

I am not an expert by any means, so don't eat these until an expert can confirm if it is safe to do so. I am merely saying what it looks like in my guide book. If in any doubt, don't eat it.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

DiMiTriX
#8 Posted : 9/21/2010 9:10:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dude..i was joking about forum section! i just said it couse this is not a psilocybe unfortunatly for you,but this is right place yeah. if you find more of them give them to me that i cook and eat gladly!Very happy
you could find very big specimens from Lepiota family: theese are Lepiota procera, one of biggest shroom you could find and yeah..,imo one of best Wink

lepiota
Tz'is aná

vibrancy3
#9 Posted : 9/21/2010 1:16:21 PM

Josh

Well i am def gunna pick em just for the sake of em being nice size init Very happy

Hopefully might come across a hefty collection of liberty caps in future, aiiiiiiiii

imPsimon
#10 Posted : 9/21/2010 7:02:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Never touch or eat mushrooms you dont know are 100% edible!!!
Lots of people every year makes this mistake and dies from it.
If you have touched an unidentified mushroom you better wash your hands.

Thinking that a random mushroom beside the road contains psilocybin can be a fatal delusion.

vibrancy3
#11 Posted : 9/21/2010 7:40:51 PM

Josh

No dont worry! i havent touched it with my bare hands Very happy

psilocybin or not, use latex gloves! (always put safety 1st)

DiMiTriX
#12 Posted : 9/21/2010 10:12:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

have so you have touched it with your bare dick? lol Laughing
it's not a bit late to pick liberty caps? here where i live i think it's a bit late vut dunno where you live
Tz'is aná

vibrancy3
#13 Posted : 9/22/2010 12:48:27 AM

Josh

DiMiTriX wrote:
have so you have touched it with your bare dick? lol

hahahhaahah, i don't how to respond to that comment, lmao errrr....

I would rather not say exactly where i live but in a city in dorset, uk!

Not many places round my area where i imagine there are clusters of liberty capsw?

but am thinking of just buying a grow kit, had the idea of transforing a old fish tank into mushy tank Very happy

memo
#14 Posted : 10/12/2010 4:54:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say it's what is called a "Shaggy Parasol". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaggy_parasol
I have been fooled by some young agaricus species that look very similar before they open. The latin names of a lot of mushrooms have been changed because they were grouped into Genera before the advent of DNA technology. Species that were once thought to be closely related have turned out not to be. It's the time of year when mushroom clubs are having their wild mushroom shows. If you get a chance to go to one don't miss it they are usually totally amazing! BTW, handling a deadly poisonous mushroom is not dangerous as long as you don't put it into your mouth and swallow it.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

MMPA
#15 Posted : 4/7/2011 8:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would strongly not recommend it. The white ones tend to be the lethal ones when it comes to mushrooms. To add to that, it looks like an amanita mushroom and all amanitas are pretty much poisonous except for Muscaria (which is still poisonous). Or it could be a lepiota. I think it's an amanita simply because of the way the veil warts are breaking off of it which is very representative of an amanita, as well as the rounded shape of the cap.

Don't eat it.

alicedee25
#16 Posted : 4/8/2011 12:59:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

since its been bumped..

The shaggy parasol is popularly praised as a choice edible mushroom. However, it contains toxins which can cause gastric upsets when eaten raw or undercooked, and some individuals show a strong allergic response even after cooking.
Furthermore, young shaggy parasols look identical to the poisonous Chlorophyllum molybdites (the mushroom that causes the most poisonings in North America yearly).[2] Checking the spore print is essential as C. molybdites' print is green (older specimens have slightly green gills). As a result, this mushroom is not recommended for inexperienced hunters.

wikipedia

vibrancy3
#17 Posted : 4/8/2011 1:33:37 AM

Josh

old post, hopefully i will someday order a grow kit considering u dont get much luck in a city