We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia confusa, some notes and thoughts Options

Tropical
#1 Posted : 4/7/2011 11:07:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Getting lots of attention lately, but I already see a lot of opinions getting spread around that will surely end up as internet fact.

some things that are really not well known like

root bark is best. swim sees little difference in yield between root bark and stem bark.

root bark is actually pretty hard to harvest cause the trees grow down, and you need to dig like a SOB to get any. root bark is also often thinner than stem bark, not always.

"lower stem bark"....this to me reads "harvested as far up as i can reach on living healthy trees". swims 2 tests on same trees foudn the same, more or less, yield from way up the tree than right at the base....i think this is also more bias towards root bark (probably from MHRB experienced people)

the bark on different trees, and different areas do have different color/thickness. big stems have thick red-pink bark. small stems have white bark, swim has not tested the white bark yet. swim has tested the red colored flesh bark from high up on trees and it is equally as powerful as lower bark.

there does seem to be something else in them compared to MHRB, they are noticeably different as to experience.

I am starting to wonder if people stating low yield from stem bark are getting stem bark from very young trees? swim has never had poor yields from stem bark, but trees are usually over 30cm diameter.

lastly, if people want to keep this one legal, maybe not start the powdered craze. This plant also creates a wicked dye that just doesnt wash out even without an ardent.

this stuff is good stuff. Dont fall for random labels. find out the part of the plant you are getting, and get it. whole bark, root bark, inner bark etc and post here your results. Also asking your supplier when it was harvested and from where would be useful in finding out possible variables. the more people type about their results, the more we all learn, and the less we all assume.

swim has not yet tried the "leaves" form this species, and am very interested to know what people think. I have access to many leaves, but am worried about consuming the product due to uncertainty.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 4/7/2011 11:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm loving the work on the acacia stem bark, dude! Lots of great info there. I wanted to inform you that in the wiki it says that the leaves of Acacia Confusa do not contain said alkaloids, but then again it seems like their concentrations of alkaloids in the stem bark are a bit off, so who knows?

camakazi
#3 Posted : 4/8/2011 12:08:06 AM

RUN DMT

ahh... this is nice and reassuring Smile Do you know if it stores well? I think I'll be getting a bulk order when it arrives.

thanking you sir.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

Tropical
#4 Posted : 4/8/2011 3:22:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am not sure on a lot, and i think most are not so sure on a lot. I only learned of this species a little over a year ago, but I live where it grows a lot...so I have great access Smile If anyone wants leaves to experiment, i can pick some no prob. root bark and stem bark are well known to be good. swim finds simple stem bark, from mature trees anyway, to be on par with MHRB as far as potency.

I think people in any plant species need to be very open minded and realize their results are just one faction from billions of variables. assuming the extraction is done perfectly, there are god knows how many variables, which i doubt even MHRB has been experienced with.

harvest times: year, month, day, time of day, photo period, what color light is available at time of harvesting (noon has very different light than dusk/dawn)

water resources, types of water, nutrients, soil types, other plants growing in the vicinity, animal/fungal associations...man the list could go on for years, we cant even think of the possible variations that may take place. but one thing seems 100% concrete in swims mind. Stem bark is very much active everything tried from mature trees (swims measure is over 30cm diameter, never tried less than 20cm diameter).

something else i dont think people realize is the time it takes to harvest. these are mountain trees. at best, people who dont respect the trees and strip healthy standing trees you can get say 1kg of whole bark in about 15 minutes. but for people looking for fallen trees and the like, it can take hours of hiking through bush in tropical mountains (that's pretty damn hard work if you don't know what bushwhacking through tropical mountains is like). Also people that process spend much more time doing so. the inner bark sellers spend a ton of time separating inner from out bark, its many hours of work. I figured one time ti took about 2 hours to get 1kg of inner bark once trees were found, if your scouring mountains for fallen trees, its many more. That is one great advantage with MHRB, its a very weedy, fast growing species that is harvested ethically by digging up one or 2 large roots per plant each time, then left to regrow. you cant dig down very easily in mountainous areas as its rock with some soil on top. and if you do strip roots of these, you risk killing the trees, which is really bad for holding up the mountainside (meaning mudslide risks)

i post here because i think if we want to create a sustainable resource, we should get the mindset right in the beginning, then everyone seems to follow suite without winning too much. I think focusing on the legal aspects of the plant and strengthening its legitimacy in these regards (such as a dye source). Secondly, and probably most importantly, harvesting ethically. There are lots of trees at present. It is somewhat weedy and at no threat. but lets pretend this species catches on as both a dmt source and a dye source, how long can they sustain the market? They don't grow up nearly as fast as mimosa hostilis. setting standards for harvesting from the get go, ensures the survival. though I dont think this is as big an issue in places its not native. Where it is native, there are enough downed trees through natural circumstances (ie typhoons) that there is little excuse to start cutting down healthy standing trees.

Karma seems to follow through things, I believe, and connecting with spirits from a respectful source seems logical to me. If swim knows the material he is using is done so in a harmful way, swim cannot change his deep thoughts on the matter, and it reflects in the experience. I am not sure of anyone cutting trees for bark, i hope n one is, so i am not saying any source is bad. I jstu hope we can do things in a respectful loving way from the "start", although this tree has been known for a bit it seems.

much love Smile

endlessness
#5 Posted : 4/8/2011 3:46:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this really nice thread, Tropical!!

Mimosa in Brazil is used a lot for making fences as well as simply for burning, thats the main use there. They use the bark, and trees are just cut down, very unsustainable. The advantage of taking root is that if you have a big enough area of mimosa growing, you can cycle through the different trees and have a sustainable harvest without affecting trees. I can imagine maybe same with acacia confusa could be true? Though you are right digging roots and all is massive work, with mimosa we would just pay some local 'root-man' (who by no coincidence always had the toughest hands ever Razz) to do that, supporting the local people and still getting it for very cheap from the abundant areas. I dont know how much you could do by yourself.

But if you are taking from fallen trees, seems like a good plan too!

I would love it if you made some side-by-side tests with different batches and testing accurately some of those variables you mentioned, and post data here. Pictures would be very welcome too Very happy

Tropical
#6 Posted : 4/8/2011 4:07:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would truly love to, but swim must admit to not being the most chemistry apt swimmer around. This is why swim likes to come here, you guys are truly talented chemists, and swim really appreciates the efforts put forth. This swim is really just a bushwhacking dirt loving hippy at heart, chemistry is more a forced loved if you get swim's drift.

but yes, when swim does some more controlled experiments, he/she will certainly post them asap. knowledge is key, and discussing results, both success and failures is how we learn the most efficiently.

I like your post on the harvest method. I agree. And mimosa is better for this because of its speed to grow. I dont think a 4 year old Acacia would be worth anything, but then I have never tried either....

Acacia can be harvested sustainably and ethically, this i know for a fact. Everything can be, but it takes more time, and people are generally lazy so they go for the faster route, which is often not the sustainable one. It is here I really hope i am wrong Smile

nen888
#7 Posted : 7/9/2011 4:10:43 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Smile ..as we say in Australia, "Good on ya mate!", TROPICAL, wherever you are, you're a pioneer species..!

I recall Johnathan Ott telling me that there were two subtypes or chemical races of Mimosa hostilis, Mexico vs. Brazil, i believe..
one was supposed to 'work a lot better' than the other. unfortunately i can't remember which (and it's a close soccer match to wager on too..)
does anyone know where their seed/bark is sourced from..might jolt my memory..

Also, has anyone gathered in one place all known formal/published results for Acacia Confusa?

thanks for all the great work nexians...

Godsmacker
#8 Posted : 2/5/2014 10:15:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the near future, i plan to harvest some stem bark from some local acacia confusas, but i don't want to kill the tree in the process. How would one sustainably harvest stem bark from acacia confusa, how much should i harvest, and how long should i wait between harvests?

Also, have you tested bark harvested from the tree's branches?
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

starway6
#9 Posted : 2/6/2014 1:12:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

quote..
I am starting to wonder if people stating low yield from stem bark are getting stem bark from very young trees? swim has never had poor yields from stem bark, but trees are usually over 30cm diameter.

I recently found out why i have been getting low yeilds s from acacia and realized that I had been mistakenly throwing away bark and containers of base mix [that still had a lot of dmt in them]..over last months..

I mistakenly expected acacia extractions would get only 3 to 4 napatha pulls [like mimosa]..and its bark was spent..[man was i wrong!

I am now on pull 9 or 10 and using [[thicklights tec]/..keep getting more product from 220 grams of bark..[itsa learning experiance..

It seemed that durring the extraction..the acacia was taking longer to release its dmt compaired to mimosa...
Mimosa seems to release its alcaloids within 3 to 4 pulls easily but not acacia..

Acacia is gramed with good alcaloids dont throw away your bark or base mix too soon!

Earthwalker
#10 Posted : 2/6/2014 2:36:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I'm having a love , dislike relationship ATM more dislike I'm just beat why I got a great result tge 2nd time I used it but no can't even produce enough goo for one dose !! Stop

starway6
#11 Posted : 2/6/2014 3:04:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
Well I'm having a love , dislike relationship ATM more dislike I'm just beat why I got a great result tge 2nd time I used it but no can't even produce enough goo for one dose !! Stop

Thats unusual!
Are You using acacia confusa root or stem bark?
If so you should get at least one gram and probibly more ..of dmt per 100 grams of bark..
Maybe your suplyer will make it right if you contact him?
good luck..

Warrior
#12 Posted : 2/6/2014 3:18:49 AM

At Peace

This is a really great post. Thanks for sharing.

I think I know where to find some myself. Big grin