We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
too much sodium carbonate? how to clean crystals? Options

Mystic Cannibal
#1 Posted : 2/1/2011 6:26:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So swim converted DMT fumarate to freebase and it worked out alright but as the crystals were drying they became coated in sodium carbonate, they are now covered in whiteness and I am wondering if there is some way to get it purer then that? Is it smokeable even though its really white? Swim misted them with water a few times to wash them off but after they dry they are still covered in white only now the crystals are spread out and smaller.

Sorry if this has already been covered but I am not sure what to do, is this where iso wash comes in? Converting to freebase is almost turning out harder then the original extraction.

What about scraping it all up and soaking it in water, so all the sodium carbonate dissolves and leaves the DMT freebase crystals, then filtering it with a coffee filter?

Thanks

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 2/1/2011 11:34:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe they are just white crystals? Any sodium carbonate should get washed with water, so if its not dissolving in water, its dmt freebase. So yeah you can do a water wash.

can you post pictures?

which exact conversion are you doing?

Mystic Cannibal
#3 Posted : 2/1/2011 9:24:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

well when they are wet they are light yellow crystals, then when they dry the are coated in one solid mass of white stuff, so i am pretty sure its not the DMT, nor does it look like DMT or the crystals that were floating in the water during the fridge part of the conversion.

I guess i will try washing it with water some more.

Mystic Cannibal
#4 Posted : 2/1/2011 9:38:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

oh and i was doing the The slow pure white crystallization method from the wiki page here on the nexus

endlessness
#5 Posted : 2/1/2011 9:53:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is the wash working? it should!

Malaclypse
#6 Posted : 2/10/2011 1:08:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM noticed the same thing when he did his conversion. After reading through the original thread that endlessness started: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=12543 it makes sense based on what SWIM did. It was just not a proper filtering. The crystals that he gathered definitely had some watery still on them because he didn't just let them sit on the filter he collected most of them from the bottom of the glass with a spoon and then poured off the rest through a coffee filter.

The tiny amount of crystals that were on the filter didn't have any white powdery looking sodium carbonate, but the ones in the petri dish did.

So I'm guess you did the same as SWIM.

Apoc
#7 Posted : 4/1/2011 6:34:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how would one do a water wash in this case? Just poor water in the glass and stir it and poor off the water? Sorry I'm slow.

BecometheOther
#8 Posted : 4/4/2011 12:28:15 AM

metamorhpasizer

shouldnt a quick acetone wash and evap do the trick??
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

OpeningPandorasBox
#9 Posted : 4/7/2011 4:35:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you use sodium carbonate to wash or the convert to freebase?

In either case once it if freebase it will not dissolve well in water so you should be able to get the sodium carbonate to dissolve in water and then just filter out the crystals of spice. I am suspicious though that the white crystals are spice. My spice is ALWAYS pure white as is my intention.
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 4/7/2011 4:51:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah acetone should dissolve freebase and not the sodium carb. Same with dry IPA/ethanol.

Or yeah as suggested simply put in a container with water, shake, let stand/decant/filter, the water should have dissolved sodium carb and not dmt freebase.