We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LONDON! Can you hear my conch shell blow horn?! Options

xibalbaNOW
#1 Posted : 7/21/2008 5:17:55 PM

The Giddy Aunt

Given the subversive nature of our shared hobby i can't imagine too many people want to reveal themselves as miracles of light and magic living in this there city or that where town.

Its okay to claim you live in the centre of the sun or, worse, in Elton John's dildo cabinet. I understand. We all understand.

But i still wanted to call out across London and ask for a show of hands. I've been here at dmt-nexus for five minutes and already met a couple of really great people sharing this wretched city with me and 8.5million others. So i thought it would be worth trying to expand our regional tribe. There's a lot we can share as neighbours: maybe you know of some good stores for extraction supplies? Or maybe a great book shop? We could even have a spirit molecule garden party, or head to Hampstead Heath at dawn to play drums and drink herbal tea.

I think its a great idea. And so do you. We're all turned on, after all.

Get involved. Get in touch. I'd like to be friends.

The Giddy Aunt/Hackney
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 7/21/2008 5:29:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I thought london itself only had 7.8 million people, and the metro-area 13 million.

xibalbaNOW
#3 Posted : 7/21/2008 5:39:04 PM

The Giddy Aunt

Great reply. Really glad i came back to read that.

You shouldnt believe everything you read on Wikipedia. Just look at the DMT article.

Just for the record, your stat probably predates the Polish invasion of 2006. There are lots more people here now. London has swelled and everyone is getting on really well with each other.
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

polytrip
#4 Posted : 7/21/2008 6:33:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Yeah, london is great! say hello from me, to those lions on trafalgar square!

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 7/22/2008 2:10:34 AM

John Murdoch IV

If I still lived in London I sooo would join you for a drum session and herbal tea at Hampstead Heath. Used to live in Camden I went to the Heath quite a lot Very happy

Maybe I'll join you some day Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

magic clown
#6 Posted : 7/22/2008 6:34:00 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I spent 12 years living in E1, eventually I had to find some more open places with fresher air. I am now living in New Zealand. However, I will be back for a short time during August. I'll PM you my number. Since you mentioned book shops. The best I know is at Soho So High, Berick St. Market, Soho W1. Very friendly, helpfull, lots of advice. Its only a pity they're not allowed to sell mushrooms any longer. You can still get spores though and some shit hot crack pipes.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

adrian89987
#7 Posted : 7/22/2008 1:45:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i thought you were gonna literally blow on a conch shell and see who heard

breakMYhead
#8 Posted : 7/24/2008 9:55:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yo im i south london lad. bit further out now but getting up town ain't no thang....
i post on behalf of a good friend.

magic clown
#9 Posted : 10/31/2008 8:12:30 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Yes I saw it too. I dont do writting on toilet walls but I am pretty sure I inspired that one. I am planning to go back to that old haunt next Friday. That or the one down the hill by the big roundabout.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

Chazz
#10 Posted : 10/31/2008 8:37:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My hyperspace launchpad is in Croydon. Or as the council want to call it "New Barcelona". getting central is easy though. There's a great headshop in Croydon called "up in smoke" check it out. We definatly need a London Spirit Molecule Meet up.
CHAZZ

MalargueZiggy
#11 Posted : 10/31/2008 10:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I vote you guys come to The Monster Halloween Ball - a big squat rave for sat being organised by Malfaiteurs and the Return of the Scum crew, still trying to come across people in the flesh who are serious about their D.

Pleased
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

magic clown
#12 Posted : 11/1/2008 4:21:38 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I've met four new people in the flesh from the nexus and I have brought more than six members to the nexus who I know in the real world plus there is one member here who first put certain ideas into my head in the first place.

MalargueZiggy
#13 Posted : 11/1/2008 6:55:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

www.malfaiteurs.com

the info line is on there.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

magic clown
#14 Posted : 11/3/2008 6:01:08 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

The Foundry is exacltly the place I am talking about, at the bottom of the hill by the (Old Street roundabout). If nexus people want to meet me thats where I am going to be on Friday night. Also the following weekend, I shall be in Glasgow. I know of a couple up there that I am looking forward to meeting for the first time.