We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
shoe presents to you "Soul Journey" Options

ElusiveMind
#1 Posted : 3/1/2011 5:57:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah Shoe, Very happy

I always love to listen to fellow Nexian tunes and are currently downloading it. Wink

(Big file btw, 96.1 Mb !! Shocked It's either gonna be a half hour in 320 kbps or an hourish at 192 kbps.... time will tell but that's my guess)

I will listen to this while doing some philosophy work.... hopefully conjure up some inspiration Wink

Will report back,
ElusiveMind

EDIT:

224 kbps, all right Very happy

okay, so I listened to almost all of it but I do need to be getting to bed soon so skipped a bit here and there. Now note I was being a critic here and all critics have their biases... mine particularly being that outer-space is the place to be Laughing ....

Here are my in depth comments:

Quote:

@0:58
very wierd and creepy sounds.... excellent with the crickets in the background but would probably make me not wanna go outside Razz

@2:45
a little distracting with the guitarish snyth.... has a little too much of an "edge" feeling to it... o.O

@3:53
like the new intro of the synth.....

@4:25
little distracting with the "wobble" or flux of the synth

@6:00
like the general transition back to "night time"... could see in reflextion the transition from night to day and back up to this point

@7:15
wierd synth again Razz

@7:50
has a small "outer-space" feel starting

@8:50
not sure.... trying to find a feeling but its like being stuck on earth and yet trying to reach the stars... two almost "contrasting" sounds

@10:05
MADE ME BLOODY WELL JUMP OUTTA MY SKIN!!! Razz

--skipped ahead to 19:00--

@20:20
I am finally in space with no damn crickets holding me back... Smile

@21:00
damn crickets dragged me down again Sad

--skipped ahead to 30:00--

@30:00
now this is the sound I was looking for Very happy Very happy has a nice 80's spacey synth feel, nice soft vocals, a very spacey feel in my opinion

@31:00
crickets are attacking the singing space lady and trying to ground her!! Sad

@32:40
like the small build on that one synth

@33:30
like the vocals again, spacey feel with almost a mystical feeling

@34:25
like the audio sample of the moon landing Razz

@36:40
creepy continuous raise in pitch on that one synth.... would probably freak me out in another state of mind Pleased

@37:53
crickets in space?? these guys are everywhere Pleased Razz

--skipped ahead to 50:00--

@50:00
odd VERY high pitched noise... a little distracting from the other synths that are predominately lower pitched...

@52:30
LOVELY build with the synths Very happy the slight oscillation of the synth makes it seem like the suns rays of light are washing over me in waves

@55:24
nice incorporation of the water sound clip.... very nice but I was in space..... water fight in space!!

@56:00
a little too much water time.... that guys gonna look like a prun after they get out... not even talkin about shrinkage Pleased Razz

@57:50
good the bird is back.... now it feels more like a jungle

@58:00
why the guy just dive down?? I do hope he comes back to the surface eventually.... oddly I felt alone after they left... I didn't feel apart of the guy, instead an observer on the shore hearing the birds sing and having someone walk around in the water

Okay, so my overall:

- view of this work is that this has a good sturdy base to build upon, but there was no particular direction IMO. No signs to which way to turn or where I should be.

- It was hard for me to "visualize" the different landscapes. The ones that I picked up on the most was nighttime, space, and sorta a jungle-ish bath in lake. For me there were no clear transitions to another place until I was dropped in the middle of it. I like the concepts of the different places you are trying to create, but the lack of transition and direction take away from it in my opinion. Maybe you should try a more linear transition... the most successful in my opinion imitate nature

Example:
START --> morning --> day & water --> night & crickets --> build in synth for space amazement --> traveling the universe --> rocket feeling of coming back to earth --> feeling of sleep --> START

- Ah, there seems to be too many crickets in this song... and a little..wouldn't say too much but the water audio sample did have some good vibes but I didn't feel apart of it... I felt I was an observer on the shore and not the person enjoying it...

- The astronaut audio sample was a nice touch while in space.... I believe there should be some stars though... I felt like I was in space... on the moon.... but there was no twinkling stars...or planets.... could say it is the "dead of space" I am envisioning but I like to think there is some mystical awe about space and being on the moon

Overall a good solid concept Very happy Can't wait to hear more or other revisions.

Take care,
ElusiveMind

P.S. I would like to hear your vision of how the transitions and such take place too Razz
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

KwisatzHaderach
#2 Posted : 3/1/2011 12:46:21 PM

everything is becoming

Hey Shoe,

Read through the thread and I'm in the process of downloading now. From the idea of the project, I'm very excited to take the journey you've created. I'll let you know how it goes as I work with it a few times and definitely give you some feedback.

Thanks for sharing!
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

shoe
#3 Posted : 3/6/2011 11:22:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow Elusivemind, That's all I can say - WOW. Thankyou so much for the notes...

Yes, I thought the whole thing is a wave so, there should be structure there. I appreciate you're saying we could script it, I did encode regions in to it, like you suggested. The other option was to make sure it was completely pure, almost entirely ambient, but I thought some character in there....

This took me almost no time (2 sessions, of about two hours each) I know what you're saying about the dark parts which sound annoying. unfortunately there's no way to beat the fear / love / fear / love pattern... unless, we pick a perfectly neutral part in the middle (bhuddism/ middle way.)

So, Yeah Dane Spotts and other meditation tones are available and some of them are much 'sweeter' as in a simple tone - which makes for a smoother ride. But actually I see things in the astral when i'm sleeping/meditating listening to this. with your hands, in time to this... and so - on. Everything is a perfect manifestation of the highest and most abstracted plane of reality... the bhuddic plane. (here, now).

Just such an improvement over the mark 1 - I almost lost my *mind* to that one.

ElusiveMind: Did you notice correlations between your meditative posture and the sounds? Everything is connected.... The idea is if everyone is one, this thing is a perfect manifestation from the bhuddic plane (It can't NOT be) and then it should provide insight, and for you to explore consiousness; as It does for me.

Fearlessly pursue the darkness, eradicate greed and ignorance, and I know you will find light.

shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

ElusiveMind
#4 Posted : 3/10/2011 7:24:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:

Wow Elusivemind, That's all I can say - WOW. Thankyou so much for the notes...

Sorry if I was a little TOO harsh at times Wink Embarrased

shoe wrote:
ElusiveMind: Did you notice correlations between your meditative posture and the sounds? Everything is connected.... The idea is if everyone is one, this thing is a perfect manifestation from the bhuddic plane (It can't NOT be) and then it should provide insight, and for you to explore consiousness; as It does for me.

Fearlessly pursue the darkness, eradicate greed and ignorance, and I know you will find light.

I will eventually try listening to the full song this time (no skipping) and instead of analyzing it, which may be the reason why I wasn't fully engulfed in it Confused , I will be one with the song with a meditation session. I wasn't able to do so the first time I listened to it cause I was a little too analytic of the song and also was energetic after a good workout Laughing

Looking in retrospect, I do see the constant waves of love/fear/love/fear pattern you speak of. I've always meditated to neutral, ambient sounds so to try this out will be interesting. Very happy

I will report back once completed, not as harsh this time. All works of art are like hidden gems, and it takes the right mindset/eyes to see the true beauty and power behind it. Razz

Pce,
ElusiveMind
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

shoe
#5 Posted : 4/6/2011 9:32:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice one, Thanks Smile

To get the sound 'pure enough' to really voyage with, as I said, took a bit of research. You didn't want to be on that first ride... LOL...
shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!