We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bob has a few comments and questions Options

hoppah
#1 Posted : 4/4/2011 10:03:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Fellow Wanderers,

I know someone named Bob. See his intro essay "Tranquility Base, the Eagle has landed" for details.

Bob got involved with DMT recently. Bob realized after his first few attempts (some successful) that he was probably not "doing it right." Bob found this site and ordered himself a GVG. Bob then wasted a large quantity of DMT trying to figure out how to properly operate the GVG. Much of it simply melted through the screen and collected in pools in the base of the GVG. Bob blasted the neck of the GVG with various heat producing instruments trying to utilize what was trapped in there. Bob experienced much trial and error. Bob's GVG is just loaded up with DMT chunks and puddles and crystals which will probably never be removed. The crystals forming in the neck from condensation look like frost on a window - they're too pretty to disturb. Bob is excited about watching them grow as he initiates his trips.

Anyway, Bob finally figured it out and can consistently hit DMT now. Mostly he had to add several extra screens in an attempt to sequester the substance under the heating element, and use nothing more than a simple butane lighter to vaporize the goods.

Bob has a question, however... Bob sees mentions of Da Buddha Vaporizer. Bob has noticed that when vaporizing DMT, it's only just above condensation temperature and a thin layer of it condenses out of the vapor and crystallizes on the way up the neck of the GVG. Bob wonders about the DBV... would the vinyl pipe become quite full of crystals as well? Is the temperature controlled by the knob? Does one push a button to initiate vapor production?

Bob has nearly unlimited funds and desire. Bob is ready for more fun. Hopefully some of you can give Bob some advice.

H.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 4/4/2011 10:36:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tell Bob that if he rinses his GVG with warm acetone, he can evaporate it in a shallow dish and retrieve all his spice.

hoppah
#3 Posted : 4/4/2011 10:39:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Tell Bob that if he rinses his GVG with warm acetone, he can evaporate it in a shallow dish and retrieve all his spice.

I will do that and I am certain Bob will appreciate this knowledge. Bob currently likes the pretty crystals growing near the mouthpiece, but the large hunks, chunks and pools near the front tempt Bob to clean it out and recover the fun stuff.

I like your avatar's name. I am a Seinfeld fan.

H.

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 4/4/2011 11:14:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would tell Bob that he's probably not going to find any more efficient a vaporization delivery system than the GVG, and that it's really just a matter of dialing in his technique. Suggest that he try a flattened plug of pre-burned copper scrubber on top of 6-8 screens, and hit it instead with a torch lighter. Tell him as well that crystals attract crystals - so the more buildup that collects in his GVG, the more it will rob from each hit.

GodEatGod
#5 Posted : 4/5/2011 9:24:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not an expert in these matters, but the question formed in my mind while reading through the thread. Is it possible that having crystals in your GVG "encourages" DMT vapor to stick to and build upon those existing crystals, instead of taking a leap of faith, leaving the safe harbour that is the mouth piece and ending up in our blood stream?

I'm not a chemist, so I might be completely lost here, but does anyone know?

hoppah
#6 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:25:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GodEatGod wrote:
I'm not an expert in these matters, but the question formed in my mind while reading through the thread. Is it possible that having crystals in your GVG "encourages" DMT vapor to stick to and build upon those existing crystals, instead of taking a leap of faith, leaving the safe harbour that is the mouth piece and ending up in our blood stream?

Molecules of a crystallizing substance at or near their condensation temperature and pressure will most certainly have an affinity for solidified crystals of the same substance. This is the phenomenon which makes "seeding" of a solution work. The vapor traveling up the pipe is a type of "solution", of air and evaporated DMT. The crystals already in the device are the seeds.

Bob is aware of these things, but thinks the crystals in the neck are pretty to look at and wants to see how they grow, for now. If Bob runs low on product he may just get desperate and start cleaning and evaporating.

H.

Seraph
#7 Posted : 4/5/2011 5:54:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If Bob has unlimited funds how many kilograms of DMT does Bob have? Does Bob have a chair made of DMT? If not why doesn't Bob get one? Bob has unlimited funds after all.

smokerx
#8 Posted : 4/5/2011 6:09:07 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Uncle Knucles wrote:

Smile
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

hoppah
#9 Posted : 4/5/2011 6:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seraph wrote:
If Bob has unlimited funds how many kilograms of DMT does Bob have? Does Bob have a chair made of DMT? If not why doesn't Bob get one? Bob has unlimited funds after all.

I asked Bob this question and he became quite excited, but has informed me that after performing a cursory Google search he can locate no vendors for - or even a hint of - manufacturers that construct or offer such chairs. He is hoping that you can provide a link.

And note, I characterized Bob as having "nearly unlimited" funds.

H.

Seraph
#10 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hoppah wrote:
Seraph wrote:

I asked Bob this question and he became quite excited, but has informed me that after performing a cursory Google search he can locate no vendors for - or even a hint of - manufacturers that construct or offer such chairs. He is hoping that you can provide a link.

H.

Can you imagine how strong a chair made of DMT would smell? LOL, if you sat on it you would just constantly smell like DMT. Laughing

hoppah
#11 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:19:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seraph wrote:
hoppah wrote:
Seraph wrote:

H.

Can you imagine how strong a chair made of DMT would smell? LOL, if you sat on it you would just constantly smell like DMT. Laughing

Bob would certainly feel forced to plug his nose with a pair of magic mushroom caps.

H.

GodEatGod
#12 Posted : 4/5/2011 8:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hoppah wrote:
GodEatGod wrote:

Molecules of a crystallizing substance at or near their condensation temperature and pressure will most certainly have an affinity for solidified crystals of the same substance. This is the phenomenon which makes "seeding" of a solution work. The vapor traveling up the pipe is a type of "solution", of air and evaporated DMT. The crystals already in the device are the seeds.

Bob is aware of these things, but thinks the crystals in the neck are pretty to look at and wants to see how they grow, for now. If Bob runs low on product he may just get desperate and start cleaning and evaporating.

H.

Wouldn't this also mean that you would need to vaporize more and more spice each time to reach the same effect as the last one? Say, 25mg leaves 1mg of added crystals. Next time, that 25mg leaves 2mg, so you'd get 1mg less out of it.

Again, I'm no chemist, I'm just letting my mind wander Smile

hoppah
#13 Posted : 4/5/2011 8:42:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GodEatGod wrote:
hoppah wrote:
GodEatGod wrote:

H.

Wouldn't this also mean that you would need to vaporize more and more spice each time to reach the same effect as the last one? Say, 25mg leaves 1mg of added crystals. Next time, that 25mg leaves 2mg, so you'd get 1mg less out of it.

Again, I'm no chemist, I'm just letting my mind wander Smile

The amount deposited could increase with the increase of surface area of the crystals already extant, however this would be a very slight increase and probably not linear. I doubt it would be noticeable.

H.