We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings and Salutations Options

HBFrank
#1 Posted : 4/5/2011 6:25:00 PM

Frank

Hello all,
i've been reading (i guess it's called lurking these days) the site for a few months now and it is truly a different kind of forum. Love the respect you all have for each other and for the "subject matter" of the site. What a difference from other forums!
So a little bit about me.
I am 61, grew up during that whole 60s thing. Took my fair share (maybe a tad more) of LSD, mescaline and psylocybin back then as well as smoking cannabis.
As i got older it got more difficult to find entheogens so i drifted away from using them, except of course for Cannabis - which i was fortunate enough to be able to find over the years. Now i am a Medical Cannabis patient in the wonderful state of CA...

In the last year or so my interest in the psychedelic experience has become reignited. I would like to re-experience some of the things i did as a young man, again - as an adult.

I also recently read DMT:The Spirit Molecule and i am fascinated by the idea of trying some someday. I've been reading and re-reading the tecs - kind of daunting for a musician - all that chemistry... WOW. But i think i am starting to get a grip on the concepts.

My wife and i recently tried smoking some Salvia. I am still trying to integrate my experiences, which i found to be extraordinarily weird and to some degree unpleasant. (in one experience it felt like my head was being twisted off like a piece of Salt Water Taffy - WEIRD!) She on the other hand seemed to get right into the experience - but i'll leave that for her to talk about in HER introductory essay.

You all can just call me Frank if you like. I guess that's about it for now. Glad to be here - thanks to everyone for all their insights and stuff - it's been really interesting reading through the site and i have learned a LOT from y'all!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/5/2011 6:39:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

It's always nice to hear of long time lurkers that decide to join in!

Im sure you've checked the FAQ and are exploring the WIKI slowly to get the extraction concepts. It can seem daunting at first look indeed, but I can speak from the perspective of someone who had no clue of chemistry and learned a lot just by reading this forum and doing experiments myself. I still keep learning all the time here, as does everybody, and the community in general Smile

If you have any doubts after doing your research, dont hesitate in asking us, we are here to help Smile

You say your interest in psychedelics has revived and that you smoked some salvia (not much my kind of plant/experience but I know some people here appreciate it a lot), as well as being now fascinated at thinking about trying dmt. What about orally ingesting dmt like ayahuasca or analogues ? It is easier to prepare and very rewarding imo. You have any plans on trying any other psychedelic again in the near future appart from salvia?

See you around!

HBFrank
#3 Posted : 4/5/2011 6:55:59 PM

Frank

hi and thanks for the "welcome"....
to respond to your questions - yes, i've been reading and re-reading things like the FAQ and the WIKI and "slowly" is indeed my approach. This is why i keep re-reading, because it does seem somewhat daunting, and even a bit scary - what with using chemicals and all. ALthough i must say - i like the idea of doing it myself. I've never really been that "into" things from a lab. Back in the day i always preferred mushrooms or peyote to lsd or synthetic mescaline or psylocybin.
Thanks for your perspective - i have noticed that quite a few on here have no chemistry background - that's one of the things keeping me from thinking it's just too hard. Knowing that others have done it successfully who have no more knowledge of chemistry than i do.
RE "learning" - hopefully one never stops learning or thinks he knows enough. Whether that's here, or in any endeavor. Learning is good in and of itself!

Regarding your comment about salvia - i actually don't think it's my kind of experience either.... i've only done it 3 times and each time - it just seemed to be too much physical discomfort associated with the experience. could be just me, as i mentioned - my wife has no such issues.

I have considered trying ayahuasca or the analogs... in fact, i may even have the ingredients right here. But i have a little trepidation (ok - fear!) about having an experience that lasts for hours vs a shorter time. Not saying i've completely discounted the idea - but it requires more thought. For instance - i live with about 40 parrots - i wonder sometimes if the noise they make could be a negative during an aya experience? I am a firm believer in "set and setting" so i would need to make sure the birds are not going to need my attention and that they would also be somewhat "quiet" during the time i am "away".... if that makes any sense to you.

so yes - i do have plans on trying other psychedelics (and not planning on doing salvia again for a while - like i said, some integration is necessary after my last time).

i recenty managed to get my hands on something called "magic truffles", i have a nice San Pedro growing in my front yard - although he's so beautiful i am hesitant to chop him up just for me Pleased
And i do have every intention of trying one of the tecs, and fairly soon at that. I just want to read them again a dozen or so more times. I am trying to figure out which one is the most foolproof....

thank you for the offer of assistance - of course before i post any questions, i would search the site for answers - it seems that you all have covered pretty much everything already.

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:12:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome, Frank. You'll find everything you need to get started right here.

HBFrank
#5 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:15:35 PM

Frank

Thanks so much Art!! You are so right... i am finding what i need right here. and i am so thankful to have found this site. I look forward to getting to know you all and continuing to learn from you and hopefully sharing my experiences and insight with everyone.

smokerx
#6 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:18:18 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Welcome Frank, i am sure you will find all you need here on dmt-nexus. i definitely did and still learning.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

HBFrank
#7 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:23:15 PM

Frank

thanks for the "Welcome"...
really looking forward to becoming a part of it all - sharing with you, learning with you.
peace!
Frank

Seraph
#8 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:23:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Frank, I like DMT much more than salvia, you should try to get some DMT. Don't worry about the teks they really aren't as complicated as they appear, you may actually find it harder getting the supplies you need for the tek and you might ask questions like 'Is this naphtha okay to use?'

By the way what is the age range on the Nexus because I am 18 and Frank is 61?

HBFrank
#9 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:31:26 PM

Frank

Hello Seraph and thanks for the welcome..... believe me - i do intend to get some. And i have managed to find all the supplies fairly easily.... and thanks to everyone here - i am pretty sure i have good Naptha, MHRB, etc.
i just need a few peripheral items - jars, something that measures ml instead of ounces, just odds and ends really. I tend to move sort of slowly - i was a pretty impulsive guy when i was younger, now - i think a lot before i do anything. guess that comes with being an old dude now.

HBFrank
#10 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:39:08 PM

Frank

so - i know i am pretty much a noob here, and don't have a lot yet to offer but - if there is anything i can do for anyone - please - just ask. even if ya just want to know what it was like in 'the old days'....
anything at all i can do - just ask! i'm retired, home all day, love to talk, help - whatever!