We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
It is not about more Options

renaissance
#1 Posted : 4/3/2011 5:51:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings,

I am pretty much hit with the thought. More is not more. Maybe because of what I am dealing with right now but the idea seems important. Like it applies to everything. More is not always the answer. For an alcoholic like me more is like my default setting. When it comes to DMT or other teachers more is not always the best approach. Any one have any thoughts on this. Like letting go.
Everything written above never happened.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

napp
#2 Posted : 4/3/2011 7:45:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

More is what is is, and only that. It is an answer, but is it the correct one for you? There is a quote that says "if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got". Familiarity, doing the same thing, or more of something is such a common theme for some people, and has been for me (and until now has been to an extent). It is human nature, until a better way is found, and then the cycle continues.

If I had an answer for you, then i'd have one for myself and thet rest of the world too. I've heard a few people thought of as great and wise teachers say to look within. I've tried that, and ended up here - maybe like a lot of people here, though im not certain.

One thing that i have noticed however in the short month of being a member of this forum is the community. Sure other forums have communty, but for me none are like the nexus.

I like contibuting to things i consider to be good and worthy - the more the better. You aren't alone with that. For me, I just haven't been able to focus on where to use my effort.

The great teachers say just be. Well, i've been trying that too and i still want to focus on something to contribute, something to do with my life. Like i said, if i had an answer for you than i would have one for myself.

More of something can be a good thing and an answer, but deciding whether it is good for you and others should factor in as well.

DMT, alcohol, other drugs - more is probably not better. I haven't seen many people i consider well and healthy who are taking drugs all the time. Not that they are a bad thing either and cannot be experimented with or used in positive ways.

I've had addictions too, but I think they have come from a lack of focus in my life, a lack of purpose. I really have no idea what to do anymore, except contribute to others lives in ways I can (the more the better).

More drugs and drinking can only be an answer until the body has had enough and can take no more. I've gone through that. It can only go so far. Its really a surface issue. Alcoholism is the result of the deep issue - lack of focus and direction. You really don't need alcohol. It's really a luxury to be able to drink mild poison and want more of it when some people can't get clean water.

More of something can be more and a good thing, but only if it is truly good for you. For me right now it is the nexus community. This has been a place for me like no other. The attitude here is something i treasure because for me it is a reflection of my own attitude. The irony here is that the focus is on substances, most which are illegal.

I am of the opinion that drugs are just the vehicle to get to the state of mind which is truly within. In this place, drugs or no drugs, i am me at my most absolute and best and proud to be here.

I would recommend to you, that more drugs and alcohol will only give you more of the same. If it is change you want, you can do it, but more may not be the answer or way to go about it. I would be happy to discuss things more with you if you want, and im sure others would be too. Regardless, I wish you the best and good health.

Napp

renaissance
#3 Posted : 4/3/2011 8:15:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Naap. I am amazed. Your response was very insightful.
I agree that substances consumed in excess is a surface issue and
a result of a deeper issue. Lack of focus and direction, or maybe something else.
I truly believe DMT is not just a drug. But right now I am so confused.
Time to look within. That will take some energy and effort.
Thanks for your advice.
Everything written above never happened.

bodhi
#4 Posted : 4/3/2011 8:33:33 PM

it's just a dream

Well actually,"less is more" Shocked

Here's a nice description I found.

"In the state of thoughtless awareness we think neither of the past nor of the future. We are entirely in the present moment, in the state of being and do not waste the precious moments of life thinking about times that are finished forever or yet to come. We start enjoying our Self, our Spirit, our own inner beauty and the beauty of creation. We start to enjoy being."

And I think the spice combined with meditation can help take you there.