We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Don't give up on stalled cakes!!Pan cyan success(hopefully) Options

teotenakeltje
#1 Posted : 3/28/2011 6:23:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I started my Pan Cyan experiment about 2 months ago. LC was a complete failure, luckily i had 4 cc of spore solution left to shoot up 4 modified (horse manure) PF jars .

From the 4 (half pint) jars 2 did not start colonizing at all, one colonized from one side only, and a second one only from 3 sides.

After trying to shoot up the 2 that didn't kick off with LC (i thought it was fine at that point), i obviously lost them to some sort of mold.

So after 2 months of fiddling like a complete amateur ( which I still am i guess Smile ) what i got were 2 unfinished cakes.

SOme of the experts say 'toss those stalled cakes, there useless' well i don't think so mister!

I spawned them to pasteurized horse manure and voilà:

.....tought this could be helpfull to some. I'll update with new pics, and wish me luck that i end up with at least one gram dried and a valid spore print!! Cool
teotenakeltje attached the following image(s):
mush 003.jpg (1,815kb) downloaded 136 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 3/28/2011 6:51:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

may your yields be plentiful.

I would like to know more about your modified PF-jars, can you write up what exactly they contain? I'd love to try pans in the near future but am a bit wary of the whole you-must-use-manure thing... any tips?

cheers
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

teotenakeltje
#3 Posted : 3/28/2011 7:37:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sure...

the jars are a mixture of manure, vermiculite,brown rice flour and water, in a 1:1:1:1 ratio.

I sterilized them in a big pot with water filled up till about half of the jars. Let sterilize for about 90 minutes (watch out that the jars are not standing directly on the bottom, and fill up water when necessary).

Once sterilized, i let it cool and spawned to pasteurized horse manure.

I think horse (or cow) manure really is a must, cause from what i know they will fruit poorly or not at all without manure.

Is getting manure a problem for you? I just go on some field and collect it.

Also note that i'm using a shotgun terrarium as fruiting chamber. This is something i didn't really see in many posts, mostly people are using automated set ups, like green houses. Just fan from time to time and it should be allright.
Here are two links to usefull posts:

http://www.shroomery.org...lat.php/Number/12165374

http://forums.mycotopia....ylits-pan-cyan-tek.html

teotenakeltje
#4 Posted : 4/3/2011 11:29:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So here's how the tray looks right now, i already harvested about 1 gram dry and did a couple of prints, so i consider it to be a success Very happy

They are pretty small though, i think the shotgun terrarium does not provide the optimal FAE for pans...

teotenakeltje attached the following image(s):
mush 004.jpg (1,532kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
mush 005.jpg (1,462kb) downloaded 92 time(s).