We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ayahuasca help! Options

Pebkac
#1 Posted : 4/1/2011 8:07:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so I'm all set to make ayahuasca but I've had the plants lying around for awhile, 3+ years. First question is are they still any good, I kept them under my bed so it was dry, dark, and cool. Plus their in zip locks. Don't you have to have a certain acidity to the water or something? Also where would I get the litnes papers to test the water? What kinda water should I use, I've heard distilled is the best but I could be wrong. Finally what foods should I avoid?

I want to brew the MAO-i (banisteriopsis caapi) and the DMT (mimosa hostilis) separate so I can take half the MAO-i 30 mins before I take the DMT and the MAO-i together. Which one of the plants needs the acidity in the water? Also whats approximate cook time?

Please respond quickly, my GF wants to do it tomorrow.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pet
#2 Posted : 4/2/2011 8:37:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, Pebkac, and welcome to the DMT Nexus!

It sounds like you're in a hurry and still have much research to do. Ayahuasca isn't something to rush into.

Here's a link that gives a good overview all about ayahuasca. This thread should answer your questions about cooking times, water acidity, types of water, and gives an overview about foods to avoid. I recommend reading the whole thread, as it has a lot of other useful information that will help you during the journey.

As for the shelf-life of your plants, I'm not too sure. Your question has probably been answered previously. Doing a thorough search of the forum should help you find the information you're seeking. If not, posting a new thread with a more specific title such as "Caapi and Mimosa Hostiilis shelf life?" should get more people's attention.

Good luck to you and your gf on your journey!