We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Taste of Chaliponga and Stomach Effects Options

Apoc
#1 Posted : 3/3/2011 9:14:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HELLO! I was wondering how chaliponga tea tastes? I wonder if it is as bad as mimosa tea? If it's as bad, I probably wouldn't be able to get it down.

Also, how is Chali on the stomach? I consider mimosa to be quite nauseating. How does chali compare to that?

Let's say on a scale of 1-10. 1 being not bad tasting at all, and 10 being horrible. 10 also represents mimosa both in terms of taste and stomach upsetting potential.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 3/3/2011 9:24:28 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Chali packs a powerful taste and will suckerpunch your gut without fail, ime.

I consider myself a fairly iron-stomached individual. I can delay the purge (when I experience it) if I choose to on caapi/chacruna or pharmahuasca for significant amounts of time, perhaps up to a couple hours after initial ingestion. However, With chali, I almost always purge at some point between 30 minutes and an hour into the experience.

This is without fail, ime, and also involves relatively strong feelings of nausea starting at about 10-15 min following ingestion and lasting until I purge. Smoking cannabis and/or mapacho helps, but I have never been able to delay the purge more than an hour with chali, nor have I had a purge-free experience.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

jamie
#3 Posted : 3/3/2011 9:31:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have a feeling its the bufotenine in chaliponga. I have never felt bufotenine mentally with chaliponga, but apparently its in there, and with oral bufotenine the sickness/purge seems inevitable..even with that tiny tiny ammount on top of eveything else in the brew.
Long live the unwoke.

Apoc
#4 Posted : 3/3/2011 9:34:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow, that pretty much sums it up. I didn't think anything could be worse than mimosa, but I guess something is. Here I was thinking chali might be a good alternative because I assumed leaves wouldn't be as harsh as bark. Good to know to expect to feel awful, I know I'll only be able to take it in a completely secure environment. Thanks.

Interesting theory with the bufotenine. That would make sense.

jamie
#5 Posted : 3/3/2011 9:41:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

how much mimosa are you drinking?..mimosa isnt that bad for me when its properly decanted. I can drink 80g of vine and follow it with 2g of mimosa with minor discomfort. The stomach discomfort with it doesnt even approach that of mushrooms for me.
Long live the unwoke.

Apoc
#6 Posted : 3/3/2011 10:32:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

2g of mimosa would be maybe 5 out of 10 on the nausea scale, and only if I don't have to taste it. If I have to taste it, it's not going down.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 3/4/2011 9:30:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I never had to puke from chaliponga and i find it definately tastes less disgusting than mimosa.
I don't know how much bufotenin there could be in chaliponga, but probably only a very, very tiny amount if it's there at all. Apparently it's still unsure even whether there is 5-MeO-DMT in it as well.
It's definately special and worth experiencing.

I would recomend combining a small amount of chaliponga(let's say 1 gram) with chacruna (or mimosa). It drastically alters the effects of chacruna and though it will feel less warm and loving than a mimosa or chacruna brew, it will be quite spectacular this way.
This is a real psychedelic rollercoaster. You'll be amazed.

Apoc
#8 Posted : 3/4/2011 11:42:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm, that's a game changer, thanks.

drishti
#9 Posted : 3/7/2011 2:25:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chaliponga is our favorite admixture in our brews. For our little (but beautiful!) home ceremonies, after trying out diverse quantities, we found that for a really potent brew it takes 2 types of caapi (I recommend black as basis and another, lighter type), approximately 380 grams, 40 grams of chacruna and 150 grams of chaliponga, all dried ingredients. The whole brewing / simmering process lasts for about 3 days, as we use lots of water. These amounts are enough for a 2-night-ceremony, for 4 people; probably considered large amounts for many of you, however, we were inspired by original South American shamanic recipes.

Indeed, chaliponga generates increased stomach cramps and vomiting Confused , but also a more occult and a hard-to-describe profound experience. Ayahuasca is called medicine not by accident; it has a strong purging effect both physically and spiritually. In my opinion they are equally important. We prefer not to try anything that alters its genuine effect, and suffer a bit to really feel cleansed and prepared for the experience. The taste is horrible, but one has to overcome boundaries, this is also an essential part in working with aya.

After several experiences with ayahuasca, I'm pretty sure they're all connected in a most interesting way; each meeting with the medicine gives you something even more, it is a work in progress. A progress with aya, thus yourself.Very happy I couldn't imagine taking aya without feeling nauseated and vomiting. At the first occasion with that much chali, I vomited for 3 times, now it's once or twice, and I find this purging incredibily liberating.
So, good luck with your chali-experiments, all I can say that it's worth the unpleasant part of it!

Great vibes to you all! Smile Smile Smile

Love,
drishti

dreamer042
#10 Posted : 3/7/2011 3:44:15 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

polytrip wrote:

I don't know how much bufotenin there could be in chaliponga, but probably only a very, very tiny amount if it's there at all. Apparently it's still unsure even whether there is 5-MeO-DMT in it as well.

Where are people getting that chali does not contain 5-meo and bufo?

Quote:

Agurell et al. 1968a found 0.4655% in dried leaves (465.5 mg from 100 grams; 4.65 mg per gram) and 0.166% in dried stems (177 mg from 100 grams).

Agurell additionally detected traces of MMT, Bufotenine, 5-MeO-DMT and N-Methyl-H4-β-carboline in the leaves,

He reported traces of 5-MeO-DMT [0.0035% dry wt.] and N-Methyl-H4-β-carboline in the stem.

Agurell et al. 1968a
See also Agurell 1968b.

http://www.erowid.org/li...part1_diplopterys.shtml

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

polytrip
#11 Posted : 3/7/2011 8:04:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

drishti wrote:
Chaliponga is our favorite admixture in our brews. For our little (but beautiful!) home ceremonies, after trying out diverse quantities, we found that for a really potent brew it takes 2 types of caapi (I recommend black as basis and another, lighter type), approximately 380 grams, 40 grams of chacruna and 150 grams of chaliponga, all dried ingredients. The whole brewing / simmering process lasts for about 3 days, as we use lots of water. These amounts are enough for a 2-night-ceremony, for 4 people; probably considered large amounts for many of you, however, we were inspired by original South American shamanic recipes.

Indeed, chaliponga generates increased stomach cramps and vomiting Confused , but also a more occult and a hard-to-describe profound experience. Ayahuasca is called medicine not by accident; it has a strong purging effect both physically and spiritually. In my opinion they are equally important. We prefer not to try anything that alters its genuine effect, and suffer a bit to really feel cleansed and prepared for the experience. The taste is horrible, but one has to overcome boundaries, this is also an essential part in working with aya.

After several experiences with ayahuasca, I'm pretty sure they're all connected in a most interesting way; each meeting with the medicine gives you something even more, it is a work in progress. A progress with aya, thus yourself.Very happy I couldn't imagine taking aya without feeling nauseated and vomiting. At the first occasion with that much chali, I vomited for 3 times, now it's once or twice, and I find this purging incredibily liberating.
So, good luck with your chali-experiments, all I can say that it's worth the unpleasant part of it!

Great vibes to you all! Smile Smile Smile

Love,
drishti

Are you talking about fresh leaves or dried leaves here? 37.5 grams of dried chaliponga for one person is rather extreme, at least with the chaliponga i'm familiar with.

Bancopuma
#12 Posted : 3/8/2011 2:50:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My only full breakthrough with homebrewed ayahuasca came via Chaliponga, after eating something; it was short lasting but spectacular, beautiful and very powerful. This was many years ago now using Syrian Rue as an MAOI, so not even strictly aya, but I'd like to journey with some caapi and Chaliponga again in the future for sure.

drishti
#13 Posted : 3/8/2011 9:39:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Quote:
Are you talking about fresh leaves or dried leaves here? 37.5 grams of dried chaliponga for one person is rather extreme, at least with the chaliponga i'm familiar with.

Yes, I'm talking about dried leaves, great quality, purchased from Maya. The experience may be extreme for some, yet extremely rewarding. I can assure you, the long-term effect of regular use of the caapi-chaliponga brew is simply wonderful Laughing
It induces a permanent contemplative state of mind, it's like meditating all the time! and it definitely increases motivation and willpower. For one who needs it, I definitely recommend - I've evolved rapidly with ashtanga yoga, for example, doing it at home, on my own. Without intense and consequent focus it's impossible. All in all, potent brews of aya really show what plant teachers are capable of Very happy

Wish you all a beautiful day!

polytrip
#14 Posted : 3/8/2011 8:23:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think it would be good to add that such an amount of chaliponga would be waaaay too much for the vast majority of people, even experienced psychonauts. Maybe if you boil chaliponga for three days, the brew get's weaker because alkaloids vaporise. That would make sense.
5 grams is more than enough for anyone to have a powerfull psychedelic experience with. Some people even have enough with 2 grams.
You have to realise: chaliponga is about ten times as strong as most of the chacruna out there, meaning that 37.5 grams of it could be, although it's a different type of experience, at least as powerfull 375 grams of chacruna!!!!!

The Traveler
#15 Posted : 3/8/2011 9:12:21 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

polytrip wrote:
drishti wrote:
2 types of caapi approximately 380 grams, 40 grams of chacruna and 150 grams of chaliponga, all dried ingredients. The whole brewing / simmering process lasts for about 3 days, as we use lots of water. These amounts are enough for a 2-night-ceremony, for 4 people;

2 nights for 4 people is 8 doses?

380 / 8 = 47.5g of dried caapi
40 / 8 = 5g of dried chacruna
150 / 8 = 18.75 of dried chaliponga

But doesn't chaliponga also vary a lot in potency?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

polytrip
#16 Posted : 3/9/2011 7:46:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh, you spread it over two nights. Missed that.
I once as a beginner took 20 grams of chaliponga, assuming it would be about as potent as chacruna.

I cannot say the experience was hellish or awkward, although my reasoning abilities where impaired to the extent that i wasn't able to determine anymore whether i was dead or alive, but i wouldn't even consider, not for a million bucks even, to take twice that amount.

Apoc
#17 Posted : 3/30/2011 6:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HEY! I had another question. Has anyone had experience with both chaliponga tea and extract? Does the extract retain that strange "insane" effect that people describe with chaliponga?

ms_manic_minxx
#18 Posted : 4/2/2011 8:20:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always had a plate of fruit to chase the taste of Ayahuasca for a long time. The last night I drank Chaliponga, I was still sitting at my kitchen table when I vomited the entire mango I just ate all over my plate. Confused

Chaliponga (and Chacruna) bring the purge on MUCH harder than with Mimosa. I don't believe I've ever purged with Mimosa at all (though I've seen people who have). It's something about the leaves!
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

napp
#19 Posted : 4/2/2011 5:02:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone comment on the alkaloids vaporizing while boiling. I've seen this mentioned before, but i've also seen counter-points mentioning that the alkaloids would not vaporize unless at a significantly higher temperature. I've also heard of shamans boiling for days so I am a bit unsure about this.

Thanks

dreamer042
#20 Posted : 4/2/2011 5:32:24 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Apoc wrote:
HEY! I had another question. Has anyone had experience with both chaliponga tea and extract? Does the extract retain that strange "insane" effect that people describe with chaliponga?

With chali fumerates extracted via limtek, all the "insane" effects of a chali tea did indeed remain and significantly less nausea and belly issues were experienced. Very happy
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca