We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trouble breaking through Options

jkayy
#1 Posted : 3/26/2011 8:31:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Alright guys? Decided to make an account after my first DMT experience last night.
Unfortunately I didn't break through. Here are some of my concerns

1. The harshness of the smoke doesn't prove to be too much of a problem as I'm able
to hold it in for at least ten seconds. However there is an urge to cough
as I view the chrysanthemum form and this seems to induce slight panic. Not being
in full control of my body, I presume that coughing will come just as naturally
without notice? However, this urge to cough alongside the panic and anxiety
associated with the trip forced me back into the room as I gasped. Do any of you
guys have to deal with this? Should I take the dose in separate, smaller hits?

2. As the chrysanthemum forms I feel my breath start to slow down at an alarming rate.
I'm aware that this is because of time distortion but I don't know how to respond to
this when I trip. Naturally my instincts tell me to breathe quicker but when I'm in this
place I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks. Smile

3. Last question. I've been told that once I break through these issues will not be of
anymore concern. Would I be right to presume that most complications people have are with
the come up and not the actual trip? Thanks guys.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 3/26/2011 8:44:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Welcome to the forum!

You don’t mention anything about your smoking technique, device, or the purity of your spice. With a proper device, good technique, and clean spice, there shouldn’t be any discomfort at all – no urge to cough.

Regarding physical effects – trust your body to take care of itself. If your body needs to breathe, it will breathe. It doesn’t need “you” in charge. Smile
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Ellis D'Empty
#3 Posted : 3/26/2011 8:49:05 PM

Snirfneblin

Welcome, first and foremost, don't look to breakthrough.

10 seconds holding it in? It might work.... but try for 15-20+. Don't cough out the smoke, it'll suck, and it'll hurt. Don't burn the spice, as that will make it harsher.
01:13:08 â€čEllis DEmptyâ€ș I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

lacunae
#4 Posted : 3/26/2011 9:02:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

Regarding physical effects – trust your body to take care of itself. If your body needs to breathe, it will breathe. It doesn’t need “you” in charge. Smile

I have such a difficult time adhering to this notion, not only with DMT but with other psychoactives (especially Cannabis)! I absolutely cannot will myself to neglect the physical "discomforts" and unsettling intensity. They inevitably consume me and eventually shed distress on my mindset.

It is usually the most disconcerting element of my experiences...
"Tears themselves interest me greatly -- but not the tears of melancholy hindsight and existential despair;
rather the tears of awe you experience when the realization of an ideal suddenly appears before your very eyes or thunders inside your mind;
these tears interest me." - Philip Hallie

gibran2
#5 Posted : 3/26/2011 9:11:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

lacunae wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

I have such a difficult time adhering to this notion, not only with DMT but with other psychoactives (especially Cannabis)! I absolutely cannot will myself to neglect the physical "discomforts" and unsettling intensity. They inevitably consume me and eventually shed distress on my mindset.

It is usually the most disconcerting element of my experiences...

With a sufficiently deep DMT breakthrough, you will leave your body and this world far behind. You will have no idea what “it” is doing - you won't hear it, see it, or feel it - so there really won’t be any distress centered on the body (unless of course you become distressed that you don’t have a body Wink ).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jkayy
#6 Posted : 3/26/2011 9:20:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I smoked the 50mg dose through a bong on a bed of ashes, alongside a very small layer of cannabis. I took the lot
in one hit and perhaps this is the source of my concerns. As far as technique goes I gradually lowered the lighter
as I inhaled to ensure vaporization as opposed to smoking, I then burnt the weed. The spice is white in colour
so I trust that it's of optimum quality. The source is also well respected. I trust that I will eventually get
the technique down right after a few try's. I appreciate the help and advice guys. Thanks. Smile

lacunae
#7 Posted : 3/26/2011 9:22:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

With a sufficiently deep DMT breakthrough, you will leave your body and this world far behind. You will have no idea what “it” is doing - you won't hear it, see it, or feel it - so there really won’t be any distress centered on the body (unless of course you become distressed that you don’t have a body Wink ).

I recognize this, however the distressing body effects still precede breakthrough. Perhaps I need to alter my smoking technique to allow for a quicker ascension into hyperspace?
"Tears themselves interest me greatly -- but not the tears of melancholy hindsight and existential despair;
rather the tears of awe you experience when the realization of an ideal suddenly appears before your very eyes or thunders inside your mind;
these tears interest me." - Philip Hallie

jkayy
#8 Posted : 3/26/2011 9:33:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

lacunae wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

I recognize this, however the distressing body effects still precede breakthrough. Perhaps I need to alter my smoking technique to allow for a quicker ascension into hyperspace?

Think I might be in the same boat

Û©
#9 Posted : 3/26/2011 9:58:57 PM

Hello, check the link in my signature.

jkayy
#10 Posted : 3/26/2011 10:14:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Û© wrote:
Hello, check the link in my signature.

Awesome and informative diagram. Thank you. Very happy

bolson4297
#11 Posted : 3/29/2011 3:35:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New to the forum, thanks for the advice. Have broken through once before and haven't been able to recreate the experience, will take some of this advice into account before taking my next journey.

EnterTheVoid
#12 Posted : 3/29/2011 9:04:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was having the same problems as you, but I have finally overcome them and have broken through a couple of times now.

-I found that doing a couple sub-breakthrough doses just to acclimate myself to the physical side effects really helped. I freaked out the first time I broke through because I thought I wasn't breathing and couldn't feel my mouth.
-I also found that breathing loudly through my mouth and hearing the noise helps me register that I'm breathing.
-Lastly, having someone who you have absolute trust in watch over you and monitor your breathing helped me be at ease.

Now that I've broken through a couple of times and smoked DMT 20+ times, I'm used to the side effects (for the most part)

OH, one final piece of advice: I found doing the dose in 3 hits makes the come up much less intense than doing it in one. (I did my very first experience and breakthrough in one dose... it was extremely intense). I try and hold each one for at least 10 seconds and take a deep breath in between hits. Good luck Very happy

crystalizer
#13 Posted : 4/2/2011 11:47:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey...
I had the same problem. Friend of mine was telling the greatest stories about hyperspace. He was using a crack pipe for his purposes... but he is experienced in smoking of some other very bad stuff. My only experience at this time was smoking lots of weeds. Nevertheless I tried, and tried and inhaled like my life depends on it. It took about 10 tries until I gave up and looked for other possibilities. The only feeling I got from smoking the crack pipe was the urgent feeling to use the bathroom for a number 2, but after couple of minutes the feeling dissappeared and no more need for the number 2.

Sooo, after littel reasearch in the entheogen review, i found a thing worth trying. For this experiment i had no sitter besides me, like in the 10 tries before... and GEE. It was kind of middel of the night, everyone was asleep... When I did the hit, I was after 15 seconds in hyperspace... I tried to grab my head, because I could not feel or localize it... but somehow it was a problem, as I also could not feel my arms... Pleased During the hit I was screaming of pleasure stuff like YEEEEAH, WOOOHAAA and OH MY GOOOOOD... even after 10 minutes, when I come back from hyperspace, I still screamed stuff like "YEAH!" watching my map which is on the ceiling... greeeat view..

So check out the attached pdf... i kinda copied it from the orginal pdf, as the orginal is 34 MB - so excuses for the format ...

The device is called THE MACHINE. You can build it from every smaller bottle, it must not be neccessarily a hennessy. To make a hole, I used a window hammer by gently knocking on the bottom of the bottle. IMPORTANT is to wash the bottle afterwards, so you wont inhale any nasty glass. After that just follow the pdf... I have about 8 of different machines, to test different stuff Smile

HAVE FUN!

[source] THE ENTHEOGEN REVIEW
Volume XII, Number 1 - Vernal Equinox 2003 - ISSN 1066-1913

"It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change."
-NOT Darwin

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 4/2/2011 12:24:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The machine is a good device, although, the smoke tends to be a little too hot. You can also use a small bubbler, filling the chillum with brillo.

As others said, i would not focus on breakthrough experiences. It might happen to you or not .Whats most important is the things you see and what you make of them.