We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Finally found a way to overcome pre-launch anxiety!! Options

entheogenadvocate
#1 Posted : 3/29/2011 2:16:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

I have had a humbling DMT rebirth that has already had an amazing impact on my existence. As I have said in previous posts, I found the spice in the summer of 2009 and experimented extensively. To be honest, I think the spice found me, as I was also going through the hardest time of my life at that time. But, that's another story. Anyways, it had been almost a year since I had journeyed due to moving to an area where I could no longer find spice. Finally, I missed hyperspace so much I decided to research extraction and completed the process successfully (very successfully Very happy ).

My previous journeys had all been completed when I was very depressed. As a result, most of my travels were spent communicating with the different entities to work through my different problems. LONG STORY SHORT: SUICIDE IS VERY VERY BAD!!! IT MAKES THE UNIVERSE SAD!! However, I am now at a better stage of my life, and I am no longer overcome with incessant thoughts of suicide. This has allowed me to try to TRULY take the following advice to heart that many wise nexus members continually preach to new psychonauts: JUST LET IT RIDE, AND DONT OVERTHINK IT!

I used to increase my pre-launch anxiety by worrying about if I was being respectful enough, or approaching the journey with the right attitude. I also used to pollute the beauty I brought back from my journeys by attaching earthly rationale (this really helped: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...ers/house/DMTDiagram.png). I have now learned that you simply need to approach the experience with a desire to see beauty and feel ecstasy. THE UNIVERSE WANTS YOU TO BE HAPPY AND EXPERIENCE ALL THE PURE BLISS YOUR CAPABLE OF!

As the effects wash over me, I think of pure beauty and joy, not anxiety about what may or may not happen in the next few seconds. I have found out that I can make the effects increase in intensity and beauty by focusing all my inner being on being happy. Also, if i start to worry or let my mind wander, the colors and euphoria fade. For some reason, thinking of the beautiful fish from deep in the ocean calms me, because any energy that naturally creates beauty such as that in this natural dimension, obviously is trying to add beauty to our lives.

Bottom line: this idea of focusing on beauty, peace, and joy to overcome pre-launch anxiety is exactly what I needed to overcome the anxiety in my own natural life. Let it ride, expect beauty, and beauty you will see, in this life OR in hyperspace.

All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

doc savant
#2 Posted : 3/29/2011 4:29:52 AM

Dennis

Thanks! Thats a really great attitude, and a good idea : )
A Civilization is born spartan, and dies Epicurean...

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 3/29/2011 3:18:05 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

like breeds like Wink

I find, as Antrocles has pointed out, even just saying "Yes" as weird/bizarre/potentially scary stuff happens can re-orient your outlook/experience of the events and have used repeated utterings of "Yes...yes...yes" to orient my mindstate into a more-positive one, following awkward/difficult launches.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

actualfactual
#4 Posted : 3/29/2011 4:19:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I have now learned that you simply need to approach the experience with a desire to see beauty and feel ecstasy. THE UNIVERSE WANTS YOU TO BE HAPPY AND EXPERIENCE ALL THE PURE BLISS YOUR CAPABLE OF!

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. I think you should learn to accept whatever it is the molecule has in store for you, but this isn't always beauty and ecstasy. DMT can be very complex and has a wide variety of things to offer. Blind acceptance and a thirst for knowledge will be your allies on this journey. If your desire going in is simply to see pretty things and feel good I think you are going to be in for a brutal surprise eventually.

Best of luck.

entheogenadvocate
#5 Posted : 3/29/2011 10:40:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with ActualFactual in that the true desire to pursue knowledge is extremely important. I also agree that DMT will not always give you a beautiful and ecstatic experience. I personally have scared the shit out of myself multiple times and have been left curled up in a ball clutching my pillow and blankie waiting for the intensity to fade away and return to normal.

However, I don't think it would be beneficial to anyone to think to themselves prior to launch: "I wonder if I am about to encounter demonic entities or partake of a journey that I'm incapable of handling". All I am saying is that starting your journey out with thoughts of joy, peace, and happiness will help you better accept whatever comes your way, and help to alleviate the sweaty palms, fast heartrate, and overwhelming anxiety, so many people feel before partaking.

xibalbaNOW
#6 Posted : 3/30/2011 10:33:39 PM

The Giddy Aunt

what they said!
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

pinche
#7 Posted : 3/31/2011 1:21:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that great advise and insight Advocate. I think your right on. IMO its all about letting go. Detachment. You may still feel fear and anxiety but your not attached to it. Its just there, it just is. Same with love and joy, etc. You feel it, enjoy it but when its gone you dont cling to it or desire more. Emotions come and go you just flow with it unattached. No longer reacting and creating all that made up drama. To me, thats true freedom. I think its the most important lesson entheogens have for us.

entheogenadvocate
#8 Posted : 3/31/2011 2:58:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted to quickly touch on something else that may benefit people who are recovering from a traumatic Spice experience. If my previous journey was scary, or left me with negative energy (my scariest experiences tend to occur from not obtaining a full breakthrough, and being overwhelmed with the awkward feeling of being stuck in two dimensions at once, but thats another story), I find it helps to build confidence by purposely packing a sub-breakthrough level dose, but when you partake, take it in like you are TRYING to break through.

Since you know there is not enough in the pipe to break through, a lot of your fear of having an overwhelming experience should be alleviated. This will allow you to really take in a big hit with confidence. You may even convince yourself that you are going to break through. However, when you dont, and you are just left with beautiful visuals, you'll hopefully be overcome with the thought of "DAMN, I WISH I WOULD HAVE PACKED A FULL DOSE!".

I hope this may help some of you recover from a past traumatic experience, so you can once again partake of this blessing that has been given to us!

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 3/31/2011 9:42:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
THE UNIVERSE WANTS YOU TO BE HAPPY AND EXPERIENCE ALL THE PURE BLISS YOUR CAPABLE OF!

Very true bother, congrats Smile

HotTuna
#10 Posted : 4/2/2011 3:23:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. This is a great thread. SWIM found that meditation helps to free my mind of all thoughts, but still ended up jittery before using DMT. It's pretty intense.