We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Identify a Morning Glory. Options

MMPA
#1 Posted : 3/20/2011 10:22:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was venturing in a forest recently and I found this plant. I know it is of the Morning Glory family but I have no idea what kind. The seeds tell me one thing but the flowers say another. The seeds look very similar to HBWR but have no wooliness. At the same time the flower is white, so I know it's not HBWR because those flowers are only purple. here are some pics for identifying.

These are all from the same plant:

There is also a seed I found in a bigger pod that looks similar but I have no idea whether it is even related:

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PowerfulMedicine
#2 Posted : 3/31/2011 5:48:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Where was this found? What season? What type of climate? What was its growth habit? Creeping? Vine? More info is needed.

It might be small white morning glory, but that is a total guess and it could be quite a few other ones.
Maay-yo-naze!

Shrabbit420
#3 Posted : 3/31/2011 6:17:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How big was the flower? It looks more like an Ipomea alba a.k.a 'MoonVine'. Although moonvine seedpods tend to be slightly more elongated than the picture you show. I'm still fairly sure this is what it is.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

PowerfulMedicine
#4 Posted : 3/31/2011 4:33:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your probably right Shrabbit. I just thought the leaves looked a little to round and not elongated enough, but there is a good amount of variation for morning glories in the same species.

The one thing that I can tell you for sure is that it is not active.
Maay-yo-naze!