We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Attention those who enjoy expirimental music... Options

iaiaia
#1 Posted : 3/10/2011 8:56:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is my second introduction essay. This is my new project, Trapeze Shaped Watch, first time making music in a while.

http://www.myspace.com/563160754/

The three songs "pure", "technical difficulties", and "spatially rejected shuffle" are new. The other songs are select from MANY recordings of my old band, I Contact. I Contact was an improv duo, worked deep dives into sonic exploration. Check those tracks out, plus they still make music, so if you like what you hear support them too Smile
IMO for fans of Miles Davis, Primus, System of a Down, The Faceless, Between the Buried and Me, Sun Ra, glitch hop, noise, acid rock, William S Burroughs and new places to go!!!!! please go for it, thank you!

P.S. Laptop Machine speakers arent the best devices for this

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

mpfree
#2 Posted : 3/23/2011 10:00:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

laptop speakers never are the best devices.

Alot of different influences blended into a nice personal direction

enjoyed listening, keep up the good work.

gammagore
#3 Posted : 3/23/2011 10:22:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

iaiaia wrote:

P.S. Laptop Machine speakers arent the best devices for this

Will Tannoy's do?Wink

Another Rube
#4 Posted : 3/24/2011 10:28:49 PM

Nublet will do.

Hey man, I really enjoyed your stuff aye, as much as I could anyway (laptop, lol). I'll be sure to check it out when I get back home though. Hey this website has a list of websites you can upload music to, unfortunately it doesn't have the one I was looking for, which was a really good community of musicians and appreciators, but oh well, some of these ones are good. You know, for real criticism, contacts and advice.

http://www.rhythmcreatio...Upload-Your-Own-Music-To

Yeah, I think you have great potential, the exploration within those three songs was really interesting, I found I could flitter away really easily and then you'd bring in this kind of messy twist that would bring me back but not all the way, haha. But I couldn't tell whether the sound quality was professional or not, because of my horrible speakers, Laughing but if it wasn't, then you should definitely get into heavier hitting software, and if it was, hell, don't quit!
If~
You don't know what the Coalition for Entheogenic Liberty is
Then~
Click the link!

http://wiki.dmt-nexus.co...elic_Frontier_Foundation
Anything posted by Another Rube is the fictional / false, and not true.

iaiaia
#5 Posted : 3/26/2011 4:16:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks alot for checkin it out guys.

alot of different devices were used, garage band, boss multitracker, now ableton live 8.
Collaborating overseas now with my old bandmate. got some new tracks up. were going to be releasing all of our stuff on a more comprehensive complete website, along with some other projects, and art. Kind of like a gallery. Stay tuned it should be interesting.
new tracks are "omniverse" and "oh" and "hit the magnetics" a little more serious stuff, kinda.

renaissance
#6 Posted : 3/29/2011 8:32:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am listening to "Pure" now. Just checked out "The Spatially Rejected Shuffle". Very good. Interesting. I find I need to do focused listening to really appreciate new music. I am a musician who appreciates music and all it's power and healing. I'll have to pipe this through some better speakers to really hear it.

I forget where, but a post I read some where mentioned the band Sphongle. I'm not comparing them to your music. I just want to acknowledge that the Nexus has been a source of new music for me and I really dig that. I tend to get comfortable with the main stream stuff that gets shoved dowm my throat. It is so refreshing to hear new music I otherwise wouldn't be exposed to.

Thanks.
Everything written above never happened.

iaiaia
#7 Posted : 3/31/2011 6:21:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ahh shpongles outta site, i just had a really intense time with mescaline and my friend showed me them cause he was saying they were in a similar direction, maybe not musically but mentally.
Focus is deffinatley necessary with new music, at most times its pulling in the most reluctant direction. glad you liked it.