We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Going for the jungle with Xylene Options

Mandukeya
#1 Posted : 3/30/2011 3:39:32 PM

Shamanic Engineer

So someone did his first extraction, a Norman Tek with 4 heptane pulls and cleaned with sodium carbonate. Now in the freezer and looking like promising white crystals, thanks Nexus for all the info here that made it not only possible but also understadable Smile

Now this guy wants to go after the jungle spice, he googled himself tired of local names of d-limone, found a bunch and then made a fool out of himself trying to get it at a lot of paint stores Embarrased

.. eventyally he got himself a bottle of xylene, "75% xylen, 25% ethylenbenzen" according to the bottle in the local language. From what I can find in the forum here it seems alright.

2 Questions:
- Is the Xyelene alright?
- Read some scary stories about the smell and dangers of xylene. Could the pulls be done in the appartment without passing out from fumes and without getting the neightbours attention? Plan is to put the xylene pulls in a mason jar and evaporate it in the woods.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 3/30/2011 4:31:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mandukeya wrote:

a Norman Tek

Noman Smile

Mandukeya wrote:

Now this guy wants to go after the jungle spice, he googled himself tired of local names of d-limone, found a bunch and then made a fool out of himself trying to get it at a lot of paint stores Embarrased

Yeah for limonene, better/easier/usually cheaper to order online (its not suspicious at all) or if you want to try to find around you, maybe try either chemical supply shops, or shops of the 'natural products' and aromatherapy kind (might be very expensive).

Mandukeya wrote:

.. eventyally he got himself a bottle of xylene, "75% xylen, 25% ethylenbenzen" according to the bottle in the local language. From what I can find in the forum here it seems alright.

For this, you could use this thread for example. But in any case: Ethylbenzene is an aromatic hydrocarbon so it should also dissolve dmt and other stuff (other trace alkaloids and plant fats, etc). It might be very nasty smell, so:

Mandukeya wrote:

- Read some scary stories about the smell and dangers of xylene. Could the pulls be done in the appartment without passing out from fumes and without getting the neightbours attention? Plan is to put the xylene pulls in a mason jar and evaporate it in the woods.

Yeah smell is horrible, and no I really do not suggest you use it in an appartment with neighbours that could be suspicious. Also the vapors of these aromatic petrochemicals are not healthy at all to breathe! Please check the health and safety section.

I think limonene will be your best bet because it will smell strong but of oranges, and this isnt a suspicious smell, if anybody asks you can just say its orange oil, natural biodegradable cleaner and air-freshener Smile

Mandukeya
#3 Posted : 3/30/2011 6:05:06 PM

Shamanic Engineer

Thanks endlessness.

Yeah I did a tiny evap test under the kitchen fan of the xylene and now a few hours later I'm dizzy so I kfigure it isn't a very good idea for an indoor project.

Continuing regaring limone in the other thread.