We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does DMT really flood our brain's when we die? Options

giver of will
#1 Posted : 3/29/2011 1:25:48 PM

L.ife's S.ubliminal D.ream

I have been hearing a lot of people talking in other forums about how the theory of DMT flooding our brain when we are born and when we die was all brought on by Rick Strassman. Many people are accusing this theory to be completely false due to his poor documentation in his book "DMT The Spirit Molecule" (which I have read twice now). I was just curious to see what you guys here at DMT nexus had to say about this.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." - Bill Hicks

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 3/29/2011 1:55:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

giver of will
#3 Posted : 3/29/2011 2:09:32 PM

L.ife's S.ubliminal D.ream

Wow, I feel dumb now. I read over the FAQ 3 times now and somehow missed it, my bad.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." - Bill Hicks

kyrolima
#4 Posted : 3/29/2011 2:32:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no, there is no hard evidence.
elusive illusion

Eternal_LVX
#5 Posted : 3/29/2011 8:15:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for clearing this up. I think it's great how balanced the view point here is. Personally, I use to think this was true. I'm somewhat disappointed to find this out.
All statements by Eternal_LVX are fictional and completely insane and should not be taken seriously. Do not attempt any of these procedures without the supervision of your own eternally divine soul.

"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terrence McKenna

My first breakthrough experience!

TheFly
#6 Posted : 3/29/2011 10:22:54 PM

The Fly

It's also hasn't been dis-proven Pleased
Existence is an illusion of an experience with states of minds and functions of memory to entice you that it is in fact real.

elphologist1
#7 Posted : 3/30/2011 1:29:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't understand why people would assume that the brain produces DMT when we die. Why not 5-MeO DMT? That experience is supposedly a lot closer to the near-death experiences people report. I've heard several people as well talk about reaching "hyperspace" on a high dose of mushrooms. Maybe the brain produces psilocin when we die?

My thought is that a large dose of just about any psychedelic chemical can produce an "out of body" experience that many interpret as a near-death experience. I think it is just a natural defence function of the mind (be it physical or psychological). When sensations in the body get too intense, people leave their body. The intensity of sensations could be caused by physical trauma (an accident, heart attack, etc.), or it could be caused by altered brain chemistry from the ingestion of a drug.

Note I am not arguing one way or another whether ones "spirit leaves ones body" when they have an out-of-body experience, or what the implications are. I'm just saying, humans have a built in defence mechanism that causes them to dissociate from ( "leave" ) their body when things get really intense. Its not that there is some particular chemical which has a monopoly on this.

elphologist