We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Anyone tried ibogaine Options

Infinite I
#1 Posted : 10/31/2008 10:00:16 PM

JC

Was wondering if anyones had any experience with iboga?

A mate of mines seems quite keen to try it, well hes been talking about it. I said well you go first and tell me what happens lol

He was saying hes heard that you can just chew on it till you feel effects then stop, but suppose it is supposed to be totally immersive. Then again ive heard you can microdose with it too, similiar to cappi.

So any thoughts experiences??

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 11/1/2008 12:22:44 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Nope, but I'd like to get some Iboga plants going!

Hopefully next spring!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

MalargueZiggy
#3 Posted : 11/1/2008 12:56:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Was thinking about this the other day actually. Was going to put a response about it on another thread, about drugs people do or want to do.

It's pretty much top of my list of desirables.

I wouldn't even know how to begin to find it though (and even if I did, obviously wouldn't get it illegally etc etc).

I know we always bang on about it but Ibogaine is such a classic example of how governments (particularly the US) keep in place repressive and blanket rules of law, without allowing flexibility even in the face of, in the case of Ibogaine, pretty much overwhelming evidence for the beneficial effects of the substance. Aaargh!

So anyway, in a desperate bid to avert a long rant about injustice, I'll sign off with yes, very much so - very curious about Ibogaine, would be interested to hear directly from people/fofs/goldfish who've tried it.

"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 11/1/2008 1:21:55 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

http://toptropicals.com/...bernaemontana_orientalis
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 11/1/2008 10:44:16 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Funny this threads popup.

I just ordered 2g of Tabernanthe iboga - root bark (4). You can order it at maya.

I'm not sure to when and if I would take the journey but it's a good idea to have it ready when I need it. I've heard that people who took iboga that for half a year DMT wouldn't do much to them or that they didn't had any need to take DMT (it's quite vague these stories). This might be a reason not to take it but then again, the spiritual explorer in me might think otherwise.

69ron
#6 Posted : 11/1/2008 10:48:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A guy on another forum I visit has tried it many times. He says it’s similar in ways to ayahuasca and that you learn a lot about yourself, and sometimes even see your whole life pass before your eyes. The trip sounds extremely heavy the way he describes it. It lasts for a few days. That’s the downside. SWIM hates when things last for more than a few hours and is probably not going to ever have a few days do devote to it. Too bad there isn’t a shorter version of iboga. SWIM would love to try it if it only lasted a few hours. Its sounds fabulous, but also very heavy duty. Everyone I know who’s tried it said it was a rewarding experience but extremely intense. During the peak you can barely move.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Infinite I
#7 Posted : 11/1/2008 12:05:31 PM

JC

One of the main reasons Im a bit wary is the length not even interested in long winded acid trips anymore, though I probably would, for old times sake Confused But thats what I like about mushrooms and aya they usually dont last too long. Ive read some reports on erowid of heroin addicts taking it and it does sound heavy going physically and mentally, though my friend got me thinking when he said you could chew it till you feel effects then stop, he also mentioned microdosing but ive yet to look into it properly.

Daniel pinchbeck said after taking iboga smoked dmt wouldnt work for him anymore, going to do more reading up as what my friend was saying about small doses sounded cool.

benzyme
#8 Posted : 11/1/2008 1:42:27 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

very strange that iboga would affect dmt's effects.
ibogaine has weak affinity to 5HT2A, but also has affinity to nicotinic ACh, NMDA, and sigma; because of the latter, it delves lightly into psychosis territory, I'd imagine it would be quite a dissociated trip.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

endlessness
#9 Posted : 11/1/2008 2:00:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

not to scare you guys but...

as benzyme pointed out, it is not a 5HT2a psychedelic... It works in other neurotransmitter systems, and affects not only the Central Nervous System but also the Autonomous Nervous System, responsible for vital vegetative functions

it´s safety profile is different than the classic psychedelics, and deaths have been reported, even days after the experience (I have some papers here if anybody is interested)

thats the one reason I wouldnt take it, at least not right now.. I dont want to be taking a substance that I know might kill me.. I would probably be worried about this the whole way through, and this ´resisting´ would not be a nice thing

even if I was addicted to something I would go first deep into ayahuasca as it is also known to heal addictions (check Jacque´s Mabit clinic in peru, Takiwasi, for example) but thats just me..

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 11/1/2008 3:28:42 PM

"No, seriously"

endlessness wrote:
it´s safety profile is different than the classic psychedelics, and deaths have been reported, even days after the experience (I have some papers here if anybody is interested)

I'm really interested in these reports, maybe you can post them here?

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 11/1/2008 3:32:03 PM

"No, seriously"

endlessness wrote:

I'm really interested in these reports, maybe you can post them here?

endlessness
#12 Posted : 11/1/2008 3:36:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

k here´s at least one of them..

If I find something else I post it here

MalargueZiggy
#13 Posted : 11/1/2008 3:49:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bah Humbug endlessness, now I'll be worrying all the way through as well! (Although obviously I'm glad to have that info)

It'd be pretty weak if it stopped smoked dmt working, and I definitely don't want a situation where having done the Ibogaine somehow makes me not want to continue with D and definitely not so that continuing would be pointless anyway.

I see it as a one-off experience, to be done with clear intentions in mind and with a significant amount of preparation. I think I'll eventually experiment with it because it definitely has merit, but from what I've heard (including the length, the fear etc), it's not something you would do repeatedly like shrooms, acid etc.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

benzyme
#14 Posted : 11/1/2008 7:10:51 PM

analytical chemist

I figure datura is potentially as deadly, if not more, than ibogaine, yet it's unregulated

endlessness
#15 Posted : 11/1/2008 7:41:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am even more wary of datura than iboga... just too many bad stories about it.. I am definitely not attracted to it.. Its a deliriant

With ibogaine, even though there are the risks, there are way more good transformative stories

69ron
#16 Posted : 11/1/2008 7:46:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before trying iboga, you'd need to schedule a vacation from work. From what others have said, it's possible you'll be incapable of interacting in the real world for a few days. The first two days, you might not be able to sleep, so you’ll be sleep deprived and tripping really hard.

It’s a good idea to have a sitter. I don’t see the need for a sitter with acid or ayahuasca, only because they are safe and won’t kill you. Iboga is said to have killed a few people, and for that reason you should have a sitter. It’s possible you might have serious symptoms of poisoning and would need someone in the right mind to be able to call an ambulance in case one is needed.

During the peak many people can’t move, and if you’re having a toxic reaction, how can you summon help if you are paralyzed?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

benzyme
#17 Posted : 11/1/2008 8:07:32 PM

analytical chemist

endlessness wrote:
I am even more wary of datura than iboga... just too many bad stories about it.. I am definitely not attracted to it.. Its a deliriant

With ibogaine, even though there are the risks, there are way more good transformative stories

this may be because of 5HT2A agonism, although weak. Ibogaine may not be a typical psychedelic, but it is one nonetheless (it even has the indole backbone)

lemmy
#18 Posted : 11/2/2008 1:54:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello folks,ive not been on this forum for quite some time now.
i find theirs not much info out their about iboga but its something that allways gets me thinking,i would love to try this plant and for me im thinking the way to go is to try and find out what a threshold dose is,i would like to start of way below threshold and work my way up to the mildest possible effects.
i would think diet would be really important with this one,more so than with aya or cacti,but with some preperation im sure it could be done.i must say datura scares the hell out of me but again its something i will try in the future,maybe smoking some small amounts would be the way to go but iboga is the one that gets me realy intrested,would love to hear of anyones reports on small doses of iboga,i mean we have all read about and seen the documentrys about the full dose but if one is going to be trying it for themselfes then it would be crazy to go in at the deep end unless you where at bewiti initation or an ibogain clinic.

lorax
#19 Posted : 11/3/2008 4:19:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i would only speak with iboga when my life would be on the edge anyways. its not really a drug. its medicine! and very strong medicine too! i would advise not to mess with it!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

polytrip
#20 Posted : 11/8/2008 4:29:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I;m not sure, but i believe i once read that ibogaine is just a typical dissociative drug, working through the same mechanisms as ketamine and PCP. It's just that there is a long sort of shamanic tradition of it's use and a little 5HT activity that it's seen as a psychedelic rather then a dissociative. Ketamine has similar therapeutic effects, as recently discovered with patients on who K was used as an anaestatic. The 'psychedelic' effects didn't contribute to this, since these patients where unconscious then. So it's just causing some radical neural mechanism that's doing this.
I would compare it with something radical as electroshock-therapy, wich is also something you don't just do for fun.

12NEXT