We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
cold water mimosa extraction help Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 10/30/2008 5:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so ive been looking all over trying to find anything good on this..and have turned up not much...

i was hoping somebody could either point me in the right direction(link to a tek) or post the steps SWIM would have to take

thanks!
it's a sound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 10/30/2008 7:02:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Check out the Hummingbird tek on Ayahuasca forums (you need to make an account to view the forum that it's in). Also in the Preparations subforum there is a thread on coldwater preparation of just Banisteriopsis caapi, right now it's on the first page of threads.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 10/30/2008 3:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

wow after reading all that stuff..i cant believe its active in such low doses...SWIM must be missing out on TONS of amazing alkies in the bark doing STB
it's a sound

lorax
#4 Posted : 10/30/2008 3:57:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so could one just throw in 50g of mimosa powder in a 5 liter canister of distilled water and evaporate that down? will this actually result in smokable product? damn.. this is C.H.E.A.P.!!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 10/30/2008 4:46:24 PM

The Great Namah

lorax wrote:
so could one just throw in 50g of mimosa powder in a 5 liter canister of distilled water and evaporate that down? will this actually result in smokable product? damn.. this is C.H.E.A.P.!!

No, not really. It would probably be quite unsmokable, extremely harsh, and needs lots of material to break through. Also all those potentiating alkaloids that are extracted with the cold water method will be destroyed (or at least some of them will) when they are exposed to vaporization temperatures.

But for oral consumption this seems like a very cost efficient way to do things.

I am a little confused about the reduction...I guess a fan and some cookie sheets? Heat will destroy the other alks (else a hot water extraction should result in the same stregnth right?)...hmmmm...I've got 30grams in a mason jar in the fridge with some acidic water... I might have to take some time this weekend and give it a shot!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 10/30/2008 5:48:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you guys are wonderful!
it's a sound

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 10/30/2008 5:49:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ive heard that since this is cold water extraction...many of the tannins dont make it through...also just letting it sit in the fridge for awhile and let the chunks settle makes a very very clean extract
it's a sound

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 10/30/2008 6:19:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome...SWIM is liking this more and more...makes him wonder why he even tried making crystals...haha even though they are nice..this method seems sooooo much more efficient
it's a sound

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 10/30/2008 6:41:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh SWIM understands..its just to extract pure crystals...there must be an extreme amount of waste...for this tek to be active at around 2g! its just mind blowing..thats almost 100 STRONG doses from 500g
it's a sound

polytrip
#10 Posted : 10/30/2008 7:32:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Cold water infusion tastes totally different then an extraction with boiled water. I even dare to say, and those who have never done it will not believe me, that a mimosa coldwater extract has an enjoyable taste.
With hot water it tastes disgusting. You just know that you are gonna puke your guts out when you drink it.
With cold water it has an incense-like taste. Not as anjoyable as fresh orangejuice or something. But it has a mystique, mysterious, intruiging sort of taste. It's like you can even taste the unwordlyness it will take you to.

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 10/30/2008 7:37:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i cant believe that this isnt done more...i really just dont get it...why are people still doing the old fashioned hot water extraction? this saves money/materials/time...and it probably tastes like it smells when you grind it...SWIM thinks...

its just mind boggling...SWIM would have done tried this long before if he had known about this method...
it's a sound

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 10/30/2008 8:29:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well i was reading elsewhere that 3g gives a nice solid trip...so its gotta be at least active in very low doses...

i wonder how using extremely small amounts throughout a day for a week would effect your mind state

stay lightly dosed for a day at least...possibly a few...might be interesting..

it also may effect your dreams more...we will have to see
it's a sound

Entropymancer
#13 Posted : 10/30/2008 8:44:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Jorkest wrote:
oh SWIM understands..its just to extract pure crystals...there must be an extreme amount of waste...for this tek to be active at around 2g! its just mind blowing..thats almost 100 STRONG doses from 500g

Depends on what you mean by waste. Virtually no DMT is wasted, degraded, or destroyed. I believe the difference comes from other phytochems in the Mimosa. In addition to the yuremamine and miscellanious beta-barbolines (if anyone can find info on what beta-carbolines, I'd be very interested), it's also possible that some of the bark's saponins, sterols, or chalcones are also contributing to the psychoactivity in some fashion.

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 10/30/2008 8:53:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well i just think its amazing that you can get 'more' from the bark
it's a sound

lorax
#15 Posted : 10/31/2008 3:03:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what about a mimosa/ethanol coldfinger extract? would that also pull everything out? it would be VERY clean i guess.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Jorkest
#16 Posted : 10/31/2008 4:55:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lorax wrote:
what about a mimosa/ethanol coldfinger extract? would that also pull everything out? it would be VERY clean i guess.

could somebody explain a coldfinger extract..i have to read the thread on it but..

how would this work with ethanol?
it's a sound

Entropymancer
#17 Posted : 10/31/2008 5:14:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As I understand it, it's just a soxhlet extractor that's been given a fancy name and a higher price tag.

Jorkest
#18 Posted : 10/31/2008 7:21:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

can you extract spice with ethanol though?
it's a sound

acolon_5
#19 Posted : 10/31/2008 7:37:38 PM

The Great Namah

lorax wrote:

Yes, however since heat is used in the extraction it would yeild about the same as a hot ethanol extraction, not the same as cold water extraction at all. You'd get quite a different alkaloid makeup.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

lorax
#20 Posted : 11/3/2008 10:59:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah.. i thought that with minimum heat (something like 50C) there wouldnt be so much of a reaction.. or do those reactions spoken of even take place at minimum heat?

12NEXT