We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Inducing Lucid/Vivid Dreams with Salvia Options

owsley
#1 Posted : 3/26/2011 3:46:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just over two weeks ago I smoked just a little bit of Salvia (20x extract), not enough to trip just a pinchful in my pipe to see how harsh it would be compared to smoking it in a bong. After this little experiment I went to sleep and had the first lucid dream I've had in a long time. I was in a plane flying over a city which was bright and vivid with a fire in one of the tall skyscrapers. I thought wow that's weird I shouldn't be flying my passport is expired, then it hit me...I must be dreaming. I had a little while exploring this dream world before I woke up.

I decided to repeat the experiment the next evening with the same size pinch of Salvia in my pipe...again another lucid dream. I thought maybe it was just the power of suggestion so I tried a night without salvia....no lucid dream. Next day, salvia, another lucid dream. Excited I might have stumbled onto a sure method of inducing lucid dreams in myself I told my friend who is an avid lucid dreaming enthusiast. He suggested I take some Choline in addition to Salvia to see if that intensified the dream or prolonged it. This turned out to make the dreams much longer in duration. My other friend also tried taking a bit of salvia before bed but all it did for him was improve dream recall.

For the past week I've been following this regimen, choline 2 hours before bed and a pinch of salvia right before bed and have had a lucid dream every single night. Has anyone else had any experience with lucid dreaming with salvia?

जय गुरुदेव ॐ

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Metanoia
#2 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:03:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have very good dream recall and am able to become lucid almost every night, no joke. I also attribute some of this to Salvia, as I smoke plain leaf pretty much daily. I use it mostly as an anti-depressant or meditation aid, and the lucid dreams and improved recall were just added bonuses I noticed as well. When I add Calea Zacatechichi to my plain leaf before bed, my dreams become so incredibly vivid. I've spent what seemed like days in a dream, only to wake up six or seven hours after falling asleep. It's a wonderful tool, lucid dreaming, that I use for self reflection and introspection. It was actually that claim, by some site I no longer remember, that Salvia induced lucid dreaming that piqued my interest and made me try it out. There were all sorts of claims on that site like astral projection and accelerated enlightenment, things like that. But I found for myself that the lucid dreaming claim is definitely true. I didn't experience it at first, it took a while of me smoking it regularly and reading and working on lucid dreaming techniques to get to the level I'm at presently. But it's absolutely a plant that can aid in helping you become lucid. To me, the Salvia experience can be much like a waking dream. It's so completely bizarre and otherworldly, but you don't usually think to yourself that there's anything wrong with that. It's like you've been there before, and it's all perfectly normal, and it's only when you return that you see how strange the whole experience was.

Shrabbit420
#3 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:25:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's it! I'm growing some salvia this year.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

gibran2
#4 Posted : 3/26/2011 1:35:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I rarely have lucid dreams and, unfortunately, salvia hasn’t increased their frequency. On the other hand, I’ve had two dreams in the past year – one just a few nights ago – that I attribute to DMT use.

These dreams were lucid – I knew I was dreaming – but they were so much more. The vividness and clarity was unlike an “ordinary” dream. The dream of a few nights ago was so vivid and intense that, during the dream, I became very concerned that I might have entered the “dream world” in a more or less permanent way.

Very strange.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Rising Spirit
#5 Posted : 3/26/2011 5:53:23 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

I have also had the impression that Salvia Divinorum was enhancing my dreamscapes. I concur with gibran2 as well, DMT most definitely jump-started the almost forgotten practice of chasing the lucid dream state. Back in college days, when I first began to read the books of Carlos Castaneda, I began the process of attempting to arrive at the point of awakening within my nightly dreams. On several occasions, while experiencing heavy doses of LSD, I had some of the wildest dreams while still under the influence of the acid. Sadly, when I awoke I quickly forgot much of the finer details. It was very fascinating stuff, though. Shocked

Daily and nightly meditation strongly facilitates this unconscious exploration and gifts the subjectivity of the witness of the dream, an added degree of focus. After a shift in the direction of my sadhana, I gradually moved away form the potential hidden within the dream world. I began to over-think the importance and significant roles played by the various states of consciousness of: waking, sleeping, dreaming and the transcendental states. I had the notion that I could stay in a relative proximity to the supraconscious level of awareness and in so narrowing my horizons, missed the chance to use this area of my mind for a deeper purpose, the development of one's will and capacity to focus throughout the changes within shifts in mental modality (and the untapped potentiality therein).

In all honesty, I had fallen away from my determination to exercise this aspect of my being (as an unexplored area and frontier of reality, in favor of my quest for the supraconscious state of Samadhi. After a good decade of investigation, I began to drift away form the challenges inherent in mastering the at of lucid dreaming. This of course, changed radically when I became acquainted with DMT and then, Salvinorin A. Recently, I have begun to approach this realm once more. My friendship with fwaggle further emphasized the potentiality of this realm of consciousness. Sure, I had lucid moments over the years but it is quite another thing to actively seek to embrace this phenomenon and discover unique knowledge about the nature of the self. It is a methodical practice like any other region of cultivation in concentration.

From what I have gleamed from visiting the other side, the human mind has a specific type of flexibility in the dreamscape, which parallels aspects of sailing the Salvinorin Seas. As with Salvia immersions, there is a certain kind of gravity (for lack of a better word) in which we are pushing up against a type of psychic membrane, which separates what we SEE and what we Do in these realms. I have been able to access meditative states while dreaming and it is a wild experience! The rationale which is so often a hindrance on this side of the looking glass, is replaced by the plastic malleability of the dream atmosphere. :idea:

Salvia seems to trigger parts of my brain which are intricately interconnected with the lucid dreaming state. I usually smoke 20x, so I have pretty heavy trips with SD. should i add plain leaf to the equation? BTW, around 3 nights ago, I had a dream about smoking Salvia. It was lucid but ironically, when I held the inhalation deep inside of my dream lungs, as I exhaled I was awakened to the sound of the alarm clock and missed the dream rush I was anticipating. Has anyone had an experience like this one? You know, you are dreaming along and you find yourself choosing to get high? I am most curious about than and if so, has anyone had the effects of the dream Medicine alter their dreaming state of mind?
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Metanoia
#6 Posted : 3/27/2011 5:52:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit wrote:
should i add plain leaf to the equation? BTW, around 3 nights ago, I had a dream about smoking Salvia. It was lucid but ironically, when I held the inhalation deep inside of my dream lungs, as I exhaled I was awakened to the sound of the alarm clock and missed the dream rush I was anticipating. Has anyone had an experience like this one? You know, you are dreaming along and you find yourself choosing to get high? I am most curious about than and if so, has anyone had the effects of the dream Medicine alter their dreaming state of mind?

Yes, I think you should add some plain leaf to your extract. I always put my dose of extract on a bed of plain leaf. There is just something really healing about plain leaf for me, and it seems to add something to the extract experience. If this is all in my head, completely placebo, I don't know.

I had a dream about a month ago where I was seated in a circle with a group of people (who I had the strange feeling were Nexians Very happy ) and there was a shaman-like figure, boiling a huge cauldron full of Ayahuasca. There was much talk of philosophy, metaphysics, and quantum mechanics going on, the majority of which was over my head. But it was a learning atmosphere, that's the important detail. So the shaman figure passed out the medicine in these dark, hand-carved wooden bowls. I remember feeling a little anxiety and trepidation, anticipating the bitter taste, the purge, and the deep journey that would follow.

As I drank with these people, I started to think that the taste wasn't bad at all. Now this is something that always happens in my dreams, when I consume anything psychoactive that is; there is no delay in effects, I find myself fully immersed in the peak of the experience. Smoking Salvia is much like that in the waking world, but in my dreams I will eat a blotter, and immediately be experiencing visuals and changes in perception. So it was when I drank the Ayahuasca. Also, there was no purge Smile

I remember feeling very off balance and euphoric, but the rest of the dream is a bit hazy, because I felt as if I was deeply immersed in the medicine of the drink. The dream also ended shortly after. I do remember one young man with long braided hair leaning over me as I lay on the dirt ground. He said, "Welcome to reality". Strange, as are many of my dreams. Smile

owsley
#7 Posted : 3/27/2011 11:02:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies, glad to see I'm not the only one who has gotten these effects from Salvia. I'm thinking of combining Calea, Choline and Salvia to see what that does. Need to wait on my calea extract to arrive first though...should be an interesting experiment Smile
जय गुरुदेव ॐ

Metanoia
#8 Posted : 3/27/2011 11:15:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

owsley wrote:
Thanks for the replies, glad to see I'm not the only one who has gotten these effects from Salvia. I'm thinking of combining Calea, Choline and Salvia to see what that does. Need to wait on my calea extract to arrive first though...should be an interesting experiment Smile

I guarantee you, it will be! Smile Calea + Salvia is a great combo. The Calea also seems to lengthen the trip and make it more "dream like" for me. My last extract trip was with a pinch of 25x on top of a bed of Calea leaf, and it was incredibly intense. The trip lasted for 25 minutes as well, which is fairly long. I wasn't able to get up off my bed for more than half an hour after smoking it.

Shrabbit420
#9 Posted : 3/27/2011 11:24:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit wrote:
has anyone had the effects of the dream Medicine alter their dreaming state of mind?

This doesn't count as dream 'medicine', more concerning getting high while dreaming.
Just this morning I had a dream where I was working at an office, and for some reason I decided to take a quick break and take a shot of some kind of alcohol. Just like Dioxippus mentioned, there was no taste and the effects came on immediately. I was wasted drunk, had the spins and couldn't balance, and definitely couldn't function at work properly. As soon as I was realizing the effects take hold, I was transported/shifted to another place, to a trailer park for some reason, where I was with some old friends and we were having a party. I realized what had happened and that I was dreaming, and as I realized this I was talking to someone, but my eyes wouldn't stay open, like I was so drunk I couldn't even keep my eyes open. As I forced my eyes open, they did open, but to my room where I was lying in bed, as I had tried so hard to open my eyes, I actually did and woke myself up, bummer.

Ever since I quit smoking weed, my dream recall and intensity have increased, as well as a few lucid dreams, which I have never had before.

owesley wrote:
I'm thinking of combining Calea, Choline and Salvia to see what that does.

I will be trying Calea again, since my dreams have come back maybe Calea will work on me now. And I will also try this combo as well, just thinking about it sounds fun.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

owsley
#10 Posted : 3/28/2011 12:08:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dioxippus wrote:
I guarantee you, it will be! Smile Calea + Salvia is a great combo. The Calea also seems to lengthen the trip and make it more "dream like" for me. My last extract trip was with a pinch of 25x on top of a bed of Calea leaf, and it was incredibly intense. The trip lasted for 25 minutes as well, which is fairly long. I wasn't able to get up off my bed for more than half an hour after smoking it.

I'm not smoking enough Salvia to full on trip before bed, perhaps just enough to give an enhanced feeling of consciousness. I'm not a fan of full on salvia trips, they're fun once in a while but they tend to transport me into a world of childhood memories and sounds and it's a place I'd rather not go.
जय गुरुदेव ॐ

Metanoia
#11 Posted : 3/28/2011 6:03:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shrabbit420 wrote:
Ever since I quit smoking weed, my dream recall and intensity have increased, as well as a few lucid dreams, which I have never had before.

I will be trying Calea again, since my dreams have come back maybe Calea will work on me now. And I will also try this combo as well, just thinking about it sounds fun.

It was the same for me. Once I quit smoking weed, which I did quite heavily, my dream recall started to return and I became interested in lucid dreaming. I started to read about it and try different techniques. I purchased a few herbs, besides Calea, and they made my dreams more vivid and easier to remember. Calea + Salvia is a very good combo, I highly recommend it.

owsley wrote:
I'm not smoking enough Salvia to full on trip before bed, perhaps just enough to give an enhanced feeling of consciousness. I'm not a fan of full on salvia trips, they're fun once in a while but they tend to transport me into a world of childhood memories and sounds and it's a place I'd rather not go.

I usually don't smoke extracts either, I'm more of a fan of plain leaf. I do enjoy extracts, but I find I have to force myself to smoke them, which isn't always the best mindset when going into such an intense experience. When you talk about your childhood, it reminds me of how I was when I first started working with Salvia. I had a rough childhood and those Salvia experiences helped me bring those memories out into the open and begin to deal with them. So I can completely relate to what you're saying, and I'm not suggesting that Salvia is a substitute for therapy, but it did help me a great deal. I've also read some reports from others who claim the same thing.

Rising Spirit
#12 Posted : 3/28/2011 4:15:08 PM

Dioxyppus wrote:
Yes, I think you should add some plain leaf to your extract. I always put my dose of extract on a bed of plain leaf. There is just something really healing about plain leaf for me, and it seems to add something to the extract experience. If this is all in my head, completely placebo, I don't know.

Well yeah, I do the same each time. My gram sized packages of 20x come with an additional gram of plain leaf, to use in combination with the extract. I was talking about exploring the leaf on a solo basis but I am waiting for the reverse tolerance issue to fully resolve itself. I've only been smoking Salvia for a little over a year now and I am still in the learning curve.

Like yourself, my early voyages were with LSD-25 and I am a new student of Lady Salvia's. As I have not taken LSD for almost 19 years now, I have been acquainting myself with new Allies. Believe it or not, as frightening as SD can be sometimes, I have found it to be a compassionate Spirit Teacher. I honestly believe that it is not the fault of the plant itself, when humans err in it's usage (with no respect for the Sacred ritual), it is the fault of the human being encountering the force and mysteries of the Salvinorin Seas.

As with the unfortunate lad who plunged to his tragic death, recently, his lack of preparedness was fatal. One simply cannot blame the force of the ocean if one cannot swim within it's raw current. Neither can we blame God for the outcome which nature precipitates, in it's seemingly random manner. We must all learn to navigate through these territories with the utmost respect for the power of the Plants of the Gods. Why is it that so little information is given along with this mind-shattering Medicine? Is it that the vendors are so greedy for quick profits that they could care less about the fragile state of mind most human beings maintain (especially the youngsters)? Or is it that they themselves do not know? Smoking Salvia is so much more than feeling weird and 'fucked up", it is a voyage into the boundary-less expanse of mind and it's source, Spirit.

I am of the camp which feels that indiscriminate use of any Sacred Medicine as most foolish and frankly, most profane. We are not using these gifts to 'party', we are called to reach beyond the surface of our being by our own Creator. It is a very serious undertaking and I never, never, never recommend SD to novices with psychedelics. Those who do should think twice and then thrice, before passing the bong to one who is not able to comprehend what may happen to their subjectivity. This is no game, it is deadly serious business.

Call me a foolish old hippie... but I have seen far too many people loose their balance under the mind expansion of psychedelics and some of them were even damaged permanently! To this day, a few friends cannot function outside the clinical environment of a sanitarium! Some have returned but are not quite the same and fear the use of psychedelics. Obviously, they were already close to the edge already...

Watching Miley Cyrus on You Tube, mumbling on and on incoherently (in tongues)... laughing uncontrollably, strongly underlines this point add infinitum! I sincerely pray that one day, we collectively awaken to the purpose for these Magik gifts of our Mother Earth. Now, back to the subject of dreaming. Do continue friends, for I am currently quite involved with my efforts in lucid dreaming and the manner in which it opens our consciousness to the potentiality of our being. :idea:

Rising Spirit
#13 Posted : 3/28/2011 4:30:47 PM

BTW Gang,

I created a poll recently, SACRED MEDICINE, and no one has opted to vote for Salvia Divinorum (myself included). Please swing over and check it out; caste your vote and share any thoughts relevant to the thread. OK? https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=20675

Thanx in advance, Folks.

Metanoia
#14 Posted : 3/28/2011 8:17:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh alright, I misunderstood you. It is very rewarding to work with plain leaf on it's own. I do so very often, and it's a great practice. It's helped me in so many ways, I'm eternally grateful to The Shepherdess. I've worked through a deep depression, learned much about the dream state and how to become lucid, meditation, yoga, the list goes on.

I feel very much the same way, Rising Spirit. I don't think it's fair to blame the plant, when so many people go into the experience with blinders on, completely unprepared. It is certainly serious business and not something to be toyed with. It is also a difficult plant to work with, when compared with other more popular things like Cannabis. People go into it thinking it's a "more trippy" version of Cannabis, only to have their whole being rattled, pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy. Folding in on itself for what seems like eternity. And the more you fight it, the more horrific it becomes. No wonder we are where we are in terms of legislation.

I voted on your poll, it's an interesting thread. I also encourage others to cast their vote!

obliguhl
#15 Posted : 8/20/2013 7:50:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I chewed up 0.3g dry leaf shortly before going to bed, to see if it would have any positive effects on my dream state. I got threshhold salvia effects, some light visuals even and tried to sleep. I was very hard and uncomfortable because as i drifted into the hypnagogic state, i felt agitated, dizzy with mad thoughts running through my head. After a couple of hours, i finally found sleep and had nightmarish dreams, adressing key psychological issues.

I woke up the next morning feeling super groggy, hungover....but at the same time eager to start the day.

Wax
#16 Posted : 8/21/2013 2:10:54 AM

LUVR

I have heard that salvia is an oneirogen, but haven't actually tested it out. I think that test is about to happen tonight...

Like obliguhl pointed out, I was always somewhat hesitant to try salvia out for dreaming partly because of a sneaking suspicion that it could cause horrendous nightmares, and I sort of like happy dreams Very happy But nightmares addressing key psychological issues sounds like there could be some merit even if it isn't the most pleasant sleep.

For me the only reliable inducer of vivid dreams has been smoking cannabis and then abstaining, on the second and third night after smoking I will almost always have very vivid, strange, and highly complex dreams. Most of the time though, it is like watching a movie where I have absolutely no mental or emotional connection to the content of the dream.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

universecannon
#17 Posted : 8/21/2013 2:42:18 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Rising Spirit wrote:
Has anyone had an experience like this one? You know, you are dreaming along and you find yourself choosing to get high? I am most curious about than and if so, has anyone had the effects of the dream Medicine alter their dreaming state of mind?

Yeah, countless times. The first time i ever smoked dmt was actually in a dream, and it turned out to somehow be just like it is in real life. Every psychedelic that i've taken in real life i've taken in dreams, along with many other "alien" ones- for lack of a better description. The effects almost always seem much more powerful and impossible than when taken while awake.

I think i've only smoked salvia once in a dream, but i've been spontaneously launched into a salvia trip several times there

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

jamie
#18 Posted : 8/21/2013 7:20:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I am of the camp which feels that indiscriminate use of any Sacred Medicine as most foolish and frankly, most profane. We are not using these gifts to 'party', we are called to reach beyond the surface of our being by our own Creator. It is a very serious undertaking and I never, never, never recommend SD to novices with psychedelics. Those who do should think twice and then thrice, before passing the bong to one who is not able to comprehend what may happen to their subjectivity. This is no game, it is deadly serious business."

She belongs in the gardens of those who are the keepers of this mystery. Not in the hands of vendors. I have long been saying that vendors are abusing this plant and it is offensive. There is a lot of negative and destructive magic involved in corner store smoke shop salvia extract..and it has nothng to do with the plant herself.

Most people that talk about it don't strike me as ever having moved into the mystery of her garden. A few do. There is probly a reason for that. It took me over a hundred experiences with this plant and years of growing it to even begin to understand. I grow far far far more of her than I ever ingest. That's how it should be. It is about cultivation. Of many things.
Long live the unwoke.

SKA
#19 Posted : 8/21/2013 2:12:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've heard vague claims before, claiming that Salvia Divinorum had Oneirogenic properties,
but this topic really confirms it for me. I've been having a dryspell forever and have been
trying to regain my dream recall again. This has really inspired me to try Salvia for that
purpose.

Jamie; I feel absolutely the same way about vendors abusing psychedelic plants.
On the other hand: If I want to grow my own, the only way I can get a cutting
of Salvia Divinorum is from a vendor. So I now have the option to make a one
time purchase of a cutting and grow it continuously from there. If kept under
the right conditions constantly, how old will this plant get? And even if it dies
eventually, you could keep taking cuttings and replanting them I suppose?

If you could keep a number of Salvia Divinorum plants alive indefenitely that
would be much better. Cheaper too. But you'd still have to get your first cutting
from a vendor, unless S.Divinorum grows wild where you live.

jamie
#20 Posted : 8/21/2013 6:25:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have nothing against vendors selling the live plant. Corner store smoke shops and other novelty headshops etc are not going to be selling live salvia clones. I doubt many of them would even sell whole plain leaves..and the people who just want to smoke some extract cus its legal and available at the corner store are not going to bother growing a plant. It cuts out so much crap.
Long live the unwoke.

12NEXT