We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[NEW SUBFORUM] Quality Experience Reports Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 3/26/2011 5:16:56 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi all members,

With the increase of experience reports we have created a subforum where we will move the outstanding experience reports to. This is done to create a library of outstanding experience reports. This library can be used to point people, unknown with DMT, at to learn more about this substance.

An outstanding experience report does not mean we only take positive experiences, for example: also bad trips that deliver and outstanding experience report will be included.

What is an outstanding Experience report?

An experience report can be called a 'quality experience report' when one or more of the following criteria is met:

* Well written with not too many spelling/grammar errors, in essence: 'a very good read'.

* The report includes a proper scientific approach:
- the data
- the experience
- reflection
- See Template for comparative analysis of bioassays. Currently all Experience report subfora contain a button to add the 'Experience Report Template' to your post.

* It includes outstanding art. e.g. Poetry, paintings, music.

* Is out of the ordinary. This is a hard one to explain but I think that anyone who did read a lot of experience reports will know exactly what I mean.

All the quality experience reports will be filed in the Quality experience reports subforum. The mods and I will move any report that meets the criteria into that section.

It is not possible to create a report in that section but it is possible to reply!

If you ever see a report that you think is worth moving to the 'Quality experience report' then PM one of the mods or me. Let us up the quality of the experience reports on the DMT-Nexus. Smile

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:10:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a great idea! Thank you Trav for implementing this!
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Kookaburra
#3 Posted : 3/26/2011 8:46:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very exciting! I look forward to watching the library grow. It might also encourage people to put more time, thought, and craft into their reports. Smile
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 3/26/2011 9:53:26 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Great idea Good place for new comers to learn on experiences of more experienced people.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

idtravlr
#5 Posted : 3/27/2011 4:02:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Although I completely respect and understand what the goal is here, I'm not particularly in support of this idea. I feel like it's judging reports on mass appeal, which (to me) is counter-intuitive to what this forum is about. That being said, I am open to all other's perspective on this idea. I'd like to hear other's thoughts / opinions on this subject.

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 3/27/2011 4:09:39 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

idtravlr wrote:
Although I completely respect and understand what the goal is here, I'm not particularly in support of this idea. I feel like it's judging reports on mass appeal, which (to me) is counter-intuitive to what this forum is about. That being said, I am open to all other's perspective on this idea. I'd like to hear other's thoughts / opinions on this subject.

Peace,
-idt

I understand your concern.

The reason of this new subforum is to make a section on the forum with good and readable reports that is a good representation to the outside world to show what DMT is all about in a readable manner. It's not meant as a judgmental machine, nor as a way to bias the idea of experience reports.

Also the quality section is meant to give examples to new people to write a good experience report. This will hopefully result in a better breed of experience reports.

I think that currently we can divide the experience reports in roughly three categories:
1) Quality experience reports
2) average reports. OK in content but lacking in readability/purpose for the general majority
3) The 'tripping ballz' reports

If you take a peak at the DMT experience subforum then you see many reports that are genuine and are meant to show to others what they experienced. But, and there is that but... there are also many reports that are just too short, not meaning that much to other people and do lack in readability. If you see a large section of reports that you think will contain a lot of 'average' reports you are not so much inclined to read them all, let alone show them to people who might be interested.

And there is where the quality section comes in, almost every report in there will be worth it to read for many people. If you see a new report appear in there you will almost know for sure it will be a treat to read. Smile

I hope this will clear things up a bit.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Not Sure
#7 Posted : 3/27/2011 4:17:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Such a great idea. Having all the great reports organized to read will be awesome.
I can see this becoming a book of excellence. Or at least a chapter in a DMT users guide.
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

idtravlr
#8 Posted : 3/27/2011 4:25:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
idtravlr wrote:

Peace,
-idt

I understand your concern.

The reason of this new subforum is to make a section on the forum with good and readable reports that is a good representation to the outside world to show what DMT is all about in a readable manner. It's not meant as a judgmental machine, nor as a way to bias the idea of experience reports.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Yeah Trav - I get what you're going for here. I started thinking that if I were to publish a book on "The DMT Experience", and I wanted to include specific trip reports, how would I choose. When I think in these terms it makes sense.

Let's do our best not to make it a popularity or creativity contest however, and make sure that judgement is entirely unbiased. That's my two dime bags anyhow. Pleased

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

a1pha
#9 Posted : 3/27/2011 4:26:15 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Excellent idea. Thank you for this.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

owsley
#10 Posted : 3/28/2011 12:10:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful idea trav, sure to be a subforum I'll be spending a lot of time in.
जय गुरुदेव ॐ

Rooftop
#11 Posted : 3/28/2011 8:31:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the idea in general, but something tickles me:

I realised the reports are moved and not merely "copy pasted". While this is fine for smoked DMT reports which abound here, what about the less abundant reports like Iboga, Salvia, Ayahuasca,...?

Let me explain with the Iboga subforum as an random example: there's already not many reports there, and if the "best" ones are moved, this will gradually lessen the quality of the subforum.

Members might know they can look in the "outstanding reports" section for some good Iboga reports, but what about non-members? I think the great majority of people loking for Iboga reports will overlook the "outstanding reports" subforum, especially since it's in the "general DMT" section, and it's my feeling these outstanding Iboga reports will anyway be drowned between DMT reports, especially if the report title doesn't clearly say "Iboga" somewhere.

I feel these subforums have steadily been incresing in popularity for good reasons, and this might be compromised by moving away the reports that definitely brighten them up, and give them their very own "character" and appeal.

?
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

astralpixels
#12 Posted : 3/28/2011 9:10:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A simple but wonderful idea, I know I'm gonna be spending a good amount of time in this subforum.

Although I love reading all trip reports, even the not so articulate ones, it's nice to have a place where we can get comfy and read through some highlighted experiences from users who really took the time to make the read enjoyable. I think it's a win-win situation, as this should hopefully encourage everyone to give that little extra push to write up reports that can help educate or just entertain and inspire the community. Kudos, Traveler!

endlessness
#13 Posted : 3/28/2011 9:55:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rooftop wrote:
I like the idea in general, but something tickles me:

I realised the reports are moved and not merely "copy pasted". While this is fine for smoked DMT reports which abound here, what about the less abundant reports like Iboga, Salvia, Ayahuasca,...?

Let me explain with the Iboga subforum as an random example: there's already not many reports there, and if the "best" ones are moved, this will gradually lessen the quality of the subforum.

Members might know they can look in the "outstanding reports" section for some good Iboga reports, but what about non-members? I think the great majority of people loking for Iboga reports will overlook the "outstanding reports" subforum, especially since it's in the "general DMT" section, and it's my feeling these outstanding Iboga reports will anyway be drowned between DMT reports, especially if the report title doesn't clearly say "Iboga" somewhere.

I feel these subforums have steadily been incresing in popularity for good reasons, and this might be compromised by moving away the reports that definitely brighten them up, and give them their very own "character" and appeal.

?

When moving topics, we have an option "leave link to thread in original forum", so we can do that for the iboga experiences Smile

Rooftop
#14 Posted : 3/28/2011 12:56:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great!Smile

And I merely used Iboga as an example to get my point across: I feel that reports coming from anywhere else than "DMT experiences" and "First steps in Hyperspace" should have the "link in the original forum" that you describe. just my 0.2...Smile
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!