We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Temperature for Jurema? Options

AluminumFoilRobots
#1 Posted : 3/27/2011 4:06:10 AM

gufyg

At what temperature should my mimosa be brewing? I have the temp at approx. 175 degrees.

Also, at what temperature exactly is DMT (& other tryptamines) destroyed? I have looked, no avail...

Also, what amount of water should be used for each wash? I have 1 liter, and I'm on the first wash.

thanks
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 3/27/2011 8:39:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is lots of talk of mysterious alkaloids in Mimosa being destroyed by heat. I can personally attest, however, that I have been drinking Mimosa that I boil long and hard for 9-12 hours with no decrease in potency, Mimosa that rocks my socks off at half a gram. I say this so at least you know you don't have to worry about burning it.

Maybe someone with cold water extraction experience can add some interesting thoughts? Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Shrabbit420
#3 Posted : 3/27/2011 9:13:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as I know DMT & most other tryptamines are usually very heat stable when they are in the plants, as they are still in salt form.

175 sounds like a good temp, As long as your referring to Fahrenheit and not Celsius.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

endlessness
#4 Posted : 3/27/2011 10:57:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Boil away, no worries, DMT will not be destroyed.

As minxx said, there is one alkaloid in mimosa, yuremamine, which is destroyed by the addition of any acid or heat. This alkaloid is what makes cold-water-infusions from mimosa work orally without extra MAOIs, but the dosage needed for this to work are huge (like lets say 25g+, as opposed to 3-5g needed, when mimosa is boiled instead and later MAOI is added). So dont worry about dmt being destroyed, just keep brewing, all is fine Very happy

BTW, regarding amount of water per wash, I always go by eyesight, cover the mimosa with water and a bit more and do it 3x (or 3x + a long soak) but anyways if you want people to give you feedback, you might as well say how many grams mimosa you are using, because just stating that you are doing 1 liter isnt enough info (1 liter per 10 grams or 10000 grams mimosa?) Smile