We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
some skins to hide the psychedelic looking banner of the forum.. Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 10/30/2008 4:26:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it would be kind of cool for folks who are secretly browsing this forum from work to be able to hide the banner and make it look like some sort of serious software forum or something..

what do you guys think of this idea? those colors usually catch peoples attention and they will ask about what kind of picture that just was and stuff like that.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 10/30/2008 4:42:08 PM

The Great Namah

Maybe a text only format?

Dunno.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

69ron
#3 Posted : 10/30/2008 8:47:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that’s a very good ideaSmile

I bet quite a lot of people are secretly using this site from workSmile
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 10/30/2008 8:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hahaha..thats so funny
it's a sound

tryptographer
#5 Posted : 10/30/2008 9:28:19 PM

tryptamine photographer

It's too pretty to hide, you aren't serious are you? I'm really fond of the graphics on this site, bravo Traveler!
And no kidding: working with spice is hard work, the office job pales in comparison, when will people finally appreciate that? Pleased

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 10/30/2008 10:31:24 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Oh dear,

Even more work to do. Pleased
I'll put it on my ever increasing ToDo list, LOL.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

p.s. It's a good idea though.
p.p.s. I think I'll create a site that transforms every site you like into a text only page. Very happy

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 10/30/2008 11:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you can do that?!
it's a sound

ohayoco
#8 Posted : 10/30/2008 11:54:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Haha. If you got caught on this site in the UK by your employer, you'd probably get fired!

A friend of mine got fired once- his company had been monitoring his emails, and found out that he was going to start up his own business... so they fired him, after getting a court injunction that he couldn't contact any clients or start up a similar business for 6 or 9 months (can't remember which). With a court injunction, you're not present nor even aware of the injunction procedings when the judge makes the decision so he was banned unless he had enough money to fight the injunction with a lawyer, which he didn't. And the only reason he was starting up was because the company he worked for planned to avoid their debts by going bust then starting up a new company on the same day with all the same staff, and he (rightfully) saw that as corrupt. Assholes... so watch out, sometimes Big Brother IS watching!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

DeadLizard
#9 Posted : 10/30/2008 11:59:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just ad-block it, save The Traveler some work Razz

¿ǝɹǝɥ uo ƃu‎i s‎i 773H ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 10/31/2008 12:04:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

traveler what if you made a site that was a portal to the nexus...but it would be on a different address..and the info would stream in using the 'fake' site as a barrier...i imagine that it could work??

it probably would cost extra money too...not sure how it would work...or if it was even worth the trouble
it's a sound

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 10/31/2008 12:16:51 AM

John Murdoch IV

How about not going to the site while at work?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

The Traveler
#12 Posted : 10/31/2008 7:17:44 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Jorkest wrote:
traveler what if you made a site that was a portal to the nexus...but it would be on a different address..and the info would stream in using the 'fake' site as a barrier...i imagine that it could work??

it probably would cost extra money too...not sure how it would work...or if it was even worth the trouble

Well, that is the general idea indeed, but besides working for the dmt-nexus it should also work with about every pure html based website.

lorax
#13 Posted : 10/31/2008 10:20:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the trick is to scroll down so that the banner will not be seen. only problem is that right after posting the banner pops up at the top before the site scrolls down automatically again. i wouldn't mind if it were just text. doesn't have to look nice.. its the information which counts.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 10/31/2008 1:05:14 PM

The Great Namah

69ron wrote:
I think that’s a very good ideaSmile

I bet quite a lot of people are secretly using this site from workSmile

You know, they just might be...Wink
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.