We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
No results? Options

practica
#1 Posted : 3/25/2011 2:51:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hey guys! been reading the site for awhile so i figured i would join and ask a question or two, SWIM just attempted his first extraction and followed the A/B method "the DMT Handbook" and got no results... anyways here is what he said he did, first he purchased 2oz of some really powdery MHRB only 10$ (he gave me the link here i just realized this is the "inner root bark" is that a problem?), acidified some water, added the bark, boiled for about 1 hour but by accident he left the burner on too high for too long and it boiled over a little (is this a problem, it was pretty hot...?), then he filtered out the solution with a t-shirt and boiled for a bit longer to evaporate some more water, he let it cool in the fridge for like 15 minutes, next he made a basic solution with some lye and added that until the ph was about 13, he then added some naphtha (he didnt have much maybe 200mL) and he shook vigorously 5 or 6 times between 2 minute intervals, bubbles formed in the solution but while waiting for these to pop or whatever they turned into these weird reddish-white mucusy blobs that just kinda floated around (what are these?), he was a little impatient and only waited like 15 minutes to suck off the naphtha, after putting the naphtha in a dish in the freezer 24 hours later he opened it expecting to find a beautiful gram or so of dmt, instead just some red flakes... so what did he do wrong? i mean it was his first try so he didn't expect a great yield but nothing? anyways he still has the naphtha and the rest of the solution, any ideas? thanks so much!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 3/25/2011 3:03:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey and welcome to the Nexus! You only did one pull with naphtha? You need to do at least 3-4 pulls to get the expected 0.4-1 gram of DMT out of that 56 grams of bark. To avoid emulsions/bubbles, you shouldn't shake the solution but rather roll the naphtha around in the solution, making sure all parts are in contact at least once with the naphtha. The heat isn't any real problem, remember that Ayahuasca is cooked through boiling, often for a whole day or even longer. What acid did you use to acidify? What was the initial PH?

practica
#3 Posted : 3/25/2011 4:07:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

well he only did one pull so far but there was pretty much nothing in the dish, he used hydrochloric acid, and ph was about 4 after adding the acid, the listing was labeled as "inner" root bark, is this the wrong part of the root? he has a large amount of xylol and was thinking about extracting it with this instead, then cleaning it up is this a good idea?

z0mbie
#4 Posted : 3/25/2011 5:09:48 AM

Buy the ticket, take the ride

I have used MHRB labeled "inner" root bark and had great yields. I don't believe that this is the problem.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others--the living--are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between now and later - HST

Noman
#5 Posted : 3/25/2011 7:35:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The red crap is likely basified solution that didn't separate since he was impatient.
DMT didn't precipitate because 200ml of naptha for 56g of bark is way too much to get a solution that will freeze precip.
Evap it down to 50ml and try the precip again.

practica
#6 Posted : 3/26/2011 7:06:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the quick replies guys i (and SWIM) really appreciate it, anyways, he tried again with some more naphtha (about 50 mL) and got a really small amount of yellow powder not nearly enough to try, or even keep... he ran out of naphtha so he tried again with xylol and got some red gooey stuff, i attached pictures he gave me of it, is this ok to smoke you think?
practica attached the following image(s):
IMG_3083[1].JPG (421kb) downloaded 50 time(s).
IMG_3084[1].JPG (440kb) downloaded 50 time(s).
IMG_3085[1].JPG (431kb) downloaded 49 time(s).

smokerx
#7 Posted : 3/26/2011 7:56:16 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

try stb tek. mix 56g of lye with destiled water a tleast 1 liter. mix it properly make sure its cooled. then once disolved put it in hot bath and add 56g of your MHRB. shake the crap out of it.leave it in hot bath for 1 hour. shake after every 20minutes.you can leave it for more than one hour but its not necesary. then add around 60ml of naphta. leave it there for at least 45 minutes then separate naphta. repeate with naphta 3 more times. after 4 puls u should have around 240ml of naphta. you have to wash it with sodium carbonate twice and once with water. after that put it in freezer for 24 hours. after that separate spice from naphta , dry it on glass and have a good ride Smile

i can send you step by step tek in pdf file if needed with pictures.

i have never done a/b tek so cant comment on that one.

good luck
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

smokerx
#8 Posted : 3/26/2011 7:58:37 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

smokerx wrote:
try stb tek. mix 56g of lye with destiled water a tleast 1 liter. mix it properly make sure its cooled. then once disolved put it in hot bath and add 56g of your MHRB. shake the crap out of it.leave it in hot bath for 1 hour. shake after every 20minutes.you can leave it for more than one hour but its not necesary. then add around 60ml of naphta. leave it there for at least 45 minutes then separate naphta. repeate with naphta 3 more times. after 4 puls u should have around 240ml of naphta. you have to wash it with sodium carbonate twice and once with water. after that put it in freezer for 24 hours. after that separate spice from naphta , dry it on glass and have a good ride Smile

i can send you step by step tek in pdf file if needed with pictures.

i have never done a/b tek so cant comment on that one.

good luck

one more thing ... after you add naphta to lye, bark, water solution you have to give very good shake dont you worry it will nicely separate. i have done in many times and always shaked it very well and naphta always separated just be patient and wait long anough.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

Ellis D'Empty
#9 Posted : 3/26/2011 8:45:34 PM

Snirfneblin

1. Get more patience
2. Do more reading
3. Follow the TEK you do EXACTLY, don't cut corners, don't think you know what to do, because you don't.
4. Come back and report.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

practica
#10 Posted : 3/26/2011 9:18:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the advice, he was just a little pressed for time that's all, anyways never mind about the red stuff, its pretty good Very happy
he will plan and do a much better job next time, but thanks for everything!

q21q21
#11 Posted : 3/26/2011 10:18:33 PM

SWIM

practica wrote:
thanks for the quick replies guys i (and SWIM) really appreciate it, anyways, he tried again with some more naphtha (about 50 mL) and got a really small amount of yellow powder not nearly enough to try, or even keep... he ran out of naphtha so he tried again with xylol and got some red gooey stuff, i attached pictures he gave me of it, is this ok to smoke you think?

Did you evaporate the xylene to get that?
if so then if may be "smokable" but likely has some nasties. I wouldn't smoke it
This post shows a picture of some nasty grey-brown stuff that was the result from evaporating xylene that had the DMT removed from it with vinegar. Really nasty

You could very simply add 15-20ml of warm/hot vinegar and mix it around to dissolve the DMT from that goo then filter the vinegar and evaporate it at 90-110C for nearly pure jimjam freebase. (that method used in Q21Q21's tek 1)

The resultant goo will be very potent, SWIM's friend broke through on only 25mg of that product.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

smokerx
#12 Posted : 3/26/2011 11:29:58 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

q21q21 wrote:
practica wrote:

Did you evaporate the xylene to get that?
if so then if may be "smokable" but likely has some nasties. I wouldn't smoke it
This post shows a picture of some nasty grey-brown stuff that was the result from evaporating xylene that had the DMT removed from it with vinegar. Really nasty

You could very simply add 15-20ml of warm/hot vinegar and mix it around to dissolve the DMT from that goo then filter the vinegar and evaporate it at 90-110C for nearly pure jimjam freebase. (that method used in Q21Q21's tek 1)

The resultant goo will be very potent, SWIM's friend broke through on only 25mg of that product.

wow it looks nasty like some snale Smile i would not smoke that one thas for sure