We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Scientific proof for auras? Options

MetaXIII
#1 Posted : 3/15/2011 5:05:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found the following recently:

Anyone with a good science background could say if this is science or psuedoscience? A quick google search seems to point to it being pseudoscience.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. - Bokonon

To fathom Hell or soar angelic, just take a pinch of psychedelic. - Humphry Osmond in a poetic exchange with Aldous Huxley

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Shrabbit420
#2 Posted : 3/15/2011 7:35:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before I even watched the video I was thinking of the Kirlian effect using GDV (Gas Discharge Visualization). I believe it is a measurement of our aura, or at least part of our aura field.

The aura itself is still a hard concept for most people to accept, so of course this is going to be called pseudoscience by many people.

I don't have a good enough scientific background to give you info you want, but I know someone who probably does. Dan Winter (website: http://www.goldenmean.info/ ) He is a brilliant scientist, and I believe some of the info you are looking for may be in his website somewhere. Be careful though, that site is full of A LOT of information. I got lost on there for weeks reading almost everything he had, I still haven't gotten through all of it. But his stuff just resonates with me, and I believe that he has many answers that we are seeking.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

Enoon
#3 Posted : 3/15/2011 7:46:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Since there is no mentioning of any mechanism by which consciousness would directly interact with the world around us, rather than going the indirect rout through the body (?!) - there is really no way to tell if his claims are backed by any scientific research or if he's just stating his ideas. Frankly I don't think the question of WHAT CONSCIOUSNESS IS is settled yet, and so it's probably hard to make any predictions on what it can do and what it can't - how it can interact with what etc.

probably pseudoscience, but who knows, maybe he's not saying all he knows...
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Shrabbit420
#4 Posted : 3/15/2011 7:57:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I totally forgot to add my opinion on the "mind over matter" part.

I don't really think I can say wither it does or not, I do believe as a collective consciousness we create this plain of existence, so maybe we can control matter with our thoughts. I like what the African shamans say "This world/reality is simply a manifestation of our real world, the dream-world, the spirit-world".
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

elphologist1
#5 Posted : 3/16/2011 2:09:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've read a bit about Kirlean photography in the past. What seems to have the most effect on the "aura" is the amount of moisture in the object. For example, I've read of studies where seeds with a good "aura" produced healthier plants than seeds with a dim "aura". However, other measurements also showed that the seeds with a bright "aura" contained more moisture than seeds with a dim "aura". Likewise, there were claims that you could tear a piece of a leaf away and sometimes still see the "aura" of the entire leaf. What was happening, though, was that the whole leaf, which had been previously tested, had left a residue on the apparatus, which then showed up in subsequent Kirlean photographs.

That's not to say that Kirlean photography is not valid for diagnostic purposes. Illnesses probably do cause various subtle biological changes that can affect moisture. Kirlean photography may be a practical way to measure these changes, but I doubt it is showing anything non-physical such as an "aura".

elphologist

wade
#6 Posted : 3/16/2011 3:05:00 AM

wade

Radiation yes
aura no

MetaXIII
#7 Posted : 3/16/2011 3:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Shrabbit420
Thanks for the Dan Winter site. I just finished watching his "The Purpose of DNA" 12 part series. The first 5 parts are great. But then he starts to go into religious speculatiom, occultism, aliens, star trek and dune examples which I think made me quite averse to what he was saying. Dan Winters works with biofeedack which I find interesting, so I was hoping he would give more examples concerning that. After part 5 I wanted more science and less speculation.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. - Bokonon

To fathom Hell or soar angelic, just take a pinch of psychedelic. - Humphry Osmond in a poetic exchange with Aldous Huxley

Shrabbit420
#8 Posted : 3/16/2011 6:49:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I know what you mean, he gets pretty far out there with aliens and stuff. Some of it is right, but he speculates maybe a little to much. The only thing I don't like about the site is that everything is just sorta smashed in there, so you have to look around a lot to find what you want.

Just remember, were all crazy, so the more intelligent you get, the crazier your ideas get, don't hold it against him, who knows... he may be right.

Eckhart Tolle

ms_manic_minxx
#9 Posted : 3/26/2011 8:44:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would it be wrong to say an aura radiates from the body? Twisted Evil
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

imPsimon
#10 Posted : 3/26/2011 1:03:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Would it be wrong to say an aura radiates from the body? Twisted Evil

Not if you turn this on and swallow itVery happy