We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT and PTSD Options

Bobby89
#1 Posted : 3/24/2011 6:41:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

So I wouldn't say I'm exactly a veteran when it comes to psychedelics but I have some expirence with LSD and mushies. I think it's safe to say that after expirencing those drugs that my life has changed in a pretty significant way and for the better--- helped me let go of alot of baggage that I went through as a late teenager. Unfortunately not long after that I was raped and that has had some pretty devastating effects on me mentally. PTSD is a pretty broad term but I would say I'm suffering constantly. I'm in therapy for it and I'm on antidepressants which help... but not that well. Sometimes it's like I can never escape it. I want to try DMT but I'm worried I may have the wrong attitude to it, as I haven't tried it and I don't know what a breakthrough is like at all aside from what I've read. Also I'm worried maybe I shouldn't even try it all becuase I don't know if I could handle expirencing hell... But at the same time I'm completely attracted to the idea DMT. I'm someone who firmly believes life is meant for the expirence and I want to believe DMT could be good for me but I have my doubts.

I'd deeply appreciate any advice or insight anyone could give me.
Cheers

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 3/24/2011 11:13:08 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Take a peek at this: MAPS FDA and IRB approved MDMA/PTSD protocol

MDMA might be better suited for PTSD. DMT is probably better for childhood trauma, etc.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Shaolin
#3 Posted : 3/24/2011 11:29:02 AM

Stiletto Stoner

The Traveler wrote:
Take a peek at this: MAPS FDA and IRB approved MDMA/PTSD protocol
DMT is probably better for childhood trauma, etc.

Interested of hear more about the "why". Thanks.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

quantagy
#4 Posted : 3/24/2011 12:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First, I am so sorry for the ordeal you've been subjected to. I'm glad to hear you are in therapy, which I truly believe is the most important first step in addressing trauma. I would definitely echo the advice to consider MDMA (real MDMA if you can get it, not some pressie off the street), as a tool to facilitate your healing, instead of DMT. Even then, tread mindfully and with the support of a loved one. In time I would imagine that you will find yourself feeling more confident about entering the DMT space, and I truly believe there will be incomprehensible benefit there waiting for you. You already know a hell that is incomprehensible to many others.

Always listen to yourself. The spirits that await us in these spaces have a way of speaking to us through our own intuitions, and DMT is no different. The more time and energy you spend healing yourself on this plane of reality is simply more time and energy the Elves/Entities/Tykes/Spirits/Etc. have to properly prepare their Carnival of Welcoming for you, and they will meet you at the jeweled gates with a joyous "HOORAY!".

You and your journey are in my thoughts. Bless.

"We're all in this together, by ourselves." --Lily Tomlin

۩
#5 Posted : 3/24/2011 4:58:36 PM

I have suffered from PTSD in the past which still lingers into this day a little bit.
I found that at the peak of my PTSD, DMT did nothing but exaggerate and amplify my already psychotic and manic state brought on by the PTSD. IMHO, DMT should be used once the person has slowly overcome and is working to resolve the PTSD. It is a LONG process that for me, is NOT cured by a single, or few, sessions with MDMA.
You really have to change your life and learn to let go. It's one of the most difficult things I've dealt with in this life.

Anyway, I hope that makes some sense from someone who has experience. Peace.

seven7seven
#6 Posted : 3/24/2011 6:53:01 PM

Stewie

I had PTSD (got rid of it with 2c-e and meditation). I smoked DMT while I had it. The DMT experience was so far removed from anything in my 'normal' life it never triggered any PTSD reaction (fear, flashbacks, etc...). In fact, quite the opposite, it allowed me to keep my mind wondering into new thoughts and ideas, leaving the disturbing thoughts behind.

Just because I had a good experience with DMT and PTSD doesn't mean everyone will. I can see it triggering a horrible PTSD reaction if not done with proper set and setting.

Ice House
#7 Posted : 3/24/2011 7:59:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I have suffered from PTSD for about 15 years? The PTSD is related to my combat service during my time with the United States Marine Corps.

I have gone from severe PTSD symptoms ie experiencing artifacts from combat daily to experiencing symptoms very rarely. I would attribute this directly to my use of psilocybin and DMT.

I wish I would of had a facilitator to guide me through my theraputic use of psychdelics.

I have had many..... Many hundreds of voyages on psychedelics while suffering from PTSD not a single bad trip can be attributeed to my PTSD.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.