We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question for 1st time rue/mimosa experiment Options

quantagy
#1 Posted : 3/22/2011 12:43:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this question is covered elsewhere in the Nexus, but I've searched around and not found a clear answer, so hopefully someone can help me out.

SWIM is planning on ingesting 3g rue and 10-12g mimosa this weekend. My question is if SWIM was to make a rue tea (steep and filter 3x, then cook down remaining liquid to consume), would SWIM still only use 3g of the rue, or would SWIM have to use more?

Same question for the Mimosa....

Thanks!

"We're all in this together, by ourselves." --Lily Tomlin

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Rivea
#2 Posted : 3/22/2011 8:59:14 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

I am no expert here, but I have tried this twice. I made a tea from rue and another from mimosa. I made enough for several doses of each. I filtered both until clear and and reduced each greatly.

I fasted except for ample water and a tiny bit of fruit for 20 hours. I drank 22 ml of rue tea which was the equivalent of 3 grams of rue. I waited 30 minutes and then drank 35 ml of mimosa tea which was the equivalent of 7 grams of mimosa. I experienced little nausea. Rue is not a nice flavor, and mimosa tea will make your mouth pucker almost as tight as your sphincter at the other end.... brrrrrr!!!

Whoa Nellie!!! It was a 4 hour ride through some very weird spaces for me with amazing visuals and audio phenomena. it was deeply emotional from deep sadness and grief to amazing joy.

My warning to you is to not overdo either ingredient. Rue has a way of making some people really physically sick. I have read that dosing on 2.5-3.0 grams of rue is sufficient for inhibition of tryptamine breakdown in your GI tract. Mimosa tea with rue can be very intense. I think that taking 12 grams of mimosa may be too much. Your mileage may vary... everybody's system absorbs at a different rate.

Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

endlessness
#3 Posted : 3/22/2011 9:08:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey quantagy!

Check the FAQ

And yeah as Rivea said, your dosage is too high in terms of mimosa, start with 3g the first time, as even that much can be a high dose for some people. So first find out about your own body and metabolism Smile

quantagy
#4 Posted : 3/24/2011 1:42:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the help, everyone.

SWIM starts to have panic attacks whenever he has to deal with measurements (high school science PTSD). He will be sure to report back after this weekend!
"We're all in this together, by ourselves." --Lily Tomlin