We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I can't seem to get high off of dmt Options

omegabrolly
#1 Posted : 10/17/2008 12:15:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just a question for you guys. I've used the lazy mans tek to extract a fair amount of dmt, which i assume should be a waxy white substance, and ive somek it 3 times now with no luck. I get this sort of big headrush mixed with very little visuals that remind me of an acid trip that only lasts about one minute, and then i sorta feel like i just got knocked out and im a little dizzy. At first I thought i didnt smoke enough but the second time i smoke all I had extracted which was a fair amount. So can anyone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong? Could it be a bad extraction, or is the mimosa I got just bad stuff? Thank you very much.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dictator
#2 Posted : 10/17/2008 12:39:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My first few experiences w/ DMT were VERY underwhelming.. This was due to the method of smoking and the amount smoked.. I've since bought a scale (AWS Gemini-20) and made a pipe especially for DMT (the machine). Just do a google search for 'dmt machine hennessy' for detailed instructions on how to build/use it. This made a world of difference to my DMT experiences.. 50mg and I'm off into space! Good luck..

-d

Liquid
#3 Posted : 10/17/2008 1:01:14 AM

Beacon

Well I have one belief that you will only go as far as you are ready, or as far as your mind is ready. (meaning you feel ready but “they” know better or the other side to that is you had no idea that your mind was capable or ready to go that far, I have experience both). Which explains why I can blast off and have these amazing discovery’s and conversations with entity’s not of this earth on a small does and why some friends will take a bunch but it’s still just a trip. Its lots of cool colors and shapes for them, but not what I go through and not what I am reading on this site that others go through.
But since your not at least just tripping leads me to believe it’s a bad extraction.
~Beacon~ You are living in a loving and playful universes that supports
you hearts greatest dreams. Opportunities for you to be kind and loving
show up for you constantly. You see beauty inside everyone and
everything. You see the light in the dark. You are blessed thru your
gratitude for life.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 10/17/2008 7:01:22 PM

The Great Namah

omegabrolly wrote:
Just a question for you guys. I've used the lazy mans tek to extract a fair amount of dmt, which i assume should be a waxy white substance, and ive somek it 3 times now with no luck. I get this sort of big headrush mixed with very little visuals that remind me of an acid trip that only lasts about one minute, and then i sorta feel like i just got knocked out and im a little dizzy. At first I thought i didnt smoke enough but the second time i smoke all I had extracted which was a fair amount. So can anyone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong? Could it be a bad extraction, or is the mimosa I got just bad stuff? Thank you very much.

I need more info before I can give any advice.

What are you using to smoke out of?
Are you familiar with smoking substances or is this utterly new for you?
How long are you holding in your hits?
How quickly are you smoking the entire amount?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Garulfo
#5 Posted : 10/17/2008 10:15:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I get this sort of big headrush mixed with very little visuals that remind me of an acid trip that only lasts about one minute,

This look likes small dose effects. I guess that your smoking method must be improved. Also smoking at night (in a quite dark room) is the best choice for the visuals.

Quote:
Well I have one belief that you will only go as far as you are ready, or as far as your mind is ready.

Liquid, I just believe the opposite Wink DMT may brings you in "places" (mind spaces) where you are not ready at all and I doubt that anybody can be ready for that without experience Shocked

omegabrolly
#6 Posted : 10/17/2008 11:02:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I am using a glass pipe that i would assume was meant to smoke pot out of. I am puting the lighter about 2 inches away from the bottom to get the dmt to boil a little and then I take the biggest hit I can and keep it in for about 30-40 secondes. I've tried smoking it in my bathroom with the lights closed(it's pitch black in there). And yes I am familiar with many types of drugs, mostly hallucinogens, I've done acid, mushrooms many times and I now smoke pot on a regular basis. But from what I've been reading I believe my pipe is the problem since after I've somked all I can and let it cool off, there's a residue of crystals that form everywhere in the pipe which lead me to believe im barely inhaling anything. And so I will try to make "the machine" for the next time I smoke it. I would like to thank you all for your quick responses and your help.Smile

fourthripley
#7 Posted : 10/17/2008 11:40:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

omegabrolly wrote:

How many g's did you extract from? Information will help diagnosisSmile Presume a smallish amount if you were able to use it up in 3 goes?
mistakes were made

Garulfo
#8 Posted : 10/18/2008 12:09:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
and then I take the biggest hit

Empty your lungs, start to heat and immediatly start to slowly inhale. You will feel when the vapor reach the tongue or the throat, at that time you can put the light closer and inhale deeper for as long as you can. When you think that you can not hold more, put the pipe aside and inhale thru the nose which will gives you a pinch of air to hold the smoke longer and will also 'push' the dmt vapor further in your lungs.
But a pipe is not a perfect device for the spice, the machine or a 3 inch light bulb (+tube) is better I guess.

extrememetal43
#9 Posted : 10/18/2008 12:11:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

your not smoking it right. Look into dmt infused herb which SWIm recomends for a guaranteed good time or many others have other methods look into it your not smoking it right its gettin burned etc. Is the smoke harsh? it shouldnt b at all if smoked right. Thats the exact sign of bad hits, it only last a minute and u get slight buzzing and mild visuals, it almost feels weird. but u kno the magic is in there jus gota learn to smoke it right...infused herb

Dwhitty76
#10 Posted : 10/18/2008 12:37:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

omegabrolly wrote:
Well I am using a glass pipe that i would assume was meant to smoke pot out of. I am puting the lighter about 2 inches away from the bottom to get the dmt to boil a little and then I take the biggest hit I can and keep it in for about 30-40 secondes.

Like previously said you should be getting 2 to 3 nice tokes.

The first time swim smoked it he had enough in his pipe for 2 to 3 hits but the spice vaporized and he watched it melt write through the screen of his pipe and swim was only able to get one hit,which brought on some minor visuals with a body vibration.

Second time swim bought a jet flame lighter (helps a lot) and using is bubbler glass pipe he layed down a fairly thick layer of parsley then put in the spice,then another thick layer of parsley to protect the spice from direct contact with the flame (you can also use ashes instead of parsley,i just think parsley takes away some of the bad taste).

One other thing to consider and you have probably already looked into it. If you are on any type of anti deppresent thats considered an SSRI,it can prevent any type of breakthrough experience.
Swims gfriend is on an ssri and the first time she smoked she did see some visuals but no where near the type of experience swim had and now her doc. has got her on some other type of ssri (evil drug) ans she took 3 huge tokes and no reaction at all.

Just make sure to get a jet flame lighter and pack as much parsley or ashes below and above the spice,swim usually puts more than he thinks he needs and keep the jet flame about a half an iinch away from the top layer of parsley,untill you start to feel the smoke come in and then just keep toking, you shouldnt need to re light it, it should stay lit between tokes. Good Luck Smile
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

acolon_5
#11 Posted : 10/20/2008 1:55:07 PM

The Great Namah

If you are using a pipe that is designed for smoking pot out of, you need to be flaming it from the top, not the bottom. You are probably melting all of your spice into the pipe before actually smoking it. I have found that prewarming the pipe can waste a lot of spice. Try just smoking it like you would a regular pipe. Increase your dosage, and keep smoking it until you are fully under.

Bad bark is a possibility, but rather unlikely. I've had it happen only once, but the crystals were still somewhat active, but produced a very weird trip, no closed eyed stuff, only very bizzar OEV's.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

ncsponger
#12 Posted : 10/30/2008 6:44:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This may not be the problem but SWIM has a friend who's girlfriend is completly unaffected by psychedelics and she is not on any SSRI's or other psyche medication. She recently ate two tabs of lsd that had absolutely no effect on her. Other people took the same type of blotter and were affected quite strongly. She also has no effect from salvia. She hasn't tried DMT yet because no one wants to waste it on her!!! She must be a robot.