We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Eagle bill pipe as alternative for GVG? Thoughts Options

hexan
#1 Posted : 3/19/2011 12:59:07 PM

The Great Gatsby

Cant get GVG in UK very easily. Also, its v expensive.
What about the Eagle Bill pipe with a stainless mesh heat sink put in the bowl?

http://www.everyonedoesi...p;iProductCategoryID=738

Discuss

H
Hexan is a fictional character.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Rivea
#2 Posted : 3/19/2011 1:21:04 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Looks interesting. After you get it tell us how well it works.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

gibran2
#3 Posted : 3/19/2011 1:58:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

It’s an alternative to the GVG in the sense that any smoking device is an alternative.

It appears to be equivalent to a “light bulb” vaporizer with a nice pipe stem. The instructions say to put product into the bowl/bulb, and to then heat the glass from below. This heats the spice via conduction, which produces very harsh vapor.

You’ll get much better results from “The Machine” or from a bong with some metal mesh in the bowl.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 3/19/2011 2:47:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

"The Machine" works, but not quite in the same manner as the VG. The pipe linked wouldn't likely be a great candidate for conversion to The Machine, either. This is SWIM's alternative to the VG, though: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Inspirator_mkII

Kookaburra
#5 Posted : 3/19/2011 6:38:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm a little confused... What's the point of the screen if you put everything into the bulb and heat from below?
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

gibran2
#6 Posted : 3/19/2011 8:36:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractals wrote:
I'm a little confused... What's the point of the screen if you put everything into the bulb and heat from below?

Maybe dual use? Use it as a "vaporizer" or as a conventional pipe?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Xt
#7 Posted : 3/20/2011 12:57:22 AM

The GVG can be bought online and shipped to the UK. Mine arrived in 2 weeks, £19 import tax.
Just saying... it is easy.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

hexan
#8 Posted : 3/22/2011 2:37:00 PM

The Great Gatsby

gibran2 wrote:
It’s an alternative to the GVG in the sense that any smoking device is an alternative.

It appears to be equivalent to a “light bulb” vaporizer with a nice pipe stem. The instructions say to put product into the bowl/bulb, and to then heat the glass from below. This heats the spice via conduction, which produces very harsh vapor.

You’ll get much better results from “The Machine” or from a bong with some metal mesh in the bowl.

what prompted the search was my experience with the machine.
Excellent tool and produced great results for our maiden voyage BUT we used a jet lighter and Im almost sure there was combustion.

Question.

Should I be emitting huge clouds of white smoke from my nose and mouth?
I read from someone that the emissions should be invisible.

Mines were like a hyperspace rasta : )

lol

H

hexan
#9 Posted : 3/22/2011 2:39:16 PM

The Great Gatsby

xtechre wrote:
The GVG can be bought online and shipped to the UK. Mine arrived in 2 weeks, £19 import tax.
Just saying... it is easy.

GVG too expensive for me to justify personally.

h

gibran2
#10 Posted : 3/22/2011 3:29:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hexan wrote:

Question.

lol

H

When DMT vaporizes, even in the GVG, it produces thick white “smoke” (actually vapor). So if you’re not holding it in your lungs very long, you will exhale white smoke.

If spice is burnt, the color of the smoke will change – usually to a yellow or even brownish-yellow. This smoke seems very toxic and is extremely harsh. Don’t inhale it!

As far as a comparison between “The Machine” and a light bulb vaporizer goes, The Machine is far superior in my opinion. So if you were getting good results with The Machine, keep using it!

Mandukeya
#11 Posted : 3/22/2011 5:43:44 PM

Shamanic Engineer

I got this eagle bill thingy from a friend who had too many weed vaporizers.

I put some DMT in it and fit it with a lid on the hole (interestingly enough a lid from a DMT container I got from a friend was a perfect fit) and tried to vape it with a storm lighter. It took a good while for it to vaporize and I guess it worked but the dose was not enough anyways. I guess it is better than the glass bulb, but I think the method with a regular pipe, bunch of spice with some heat buffer ontop and a regular lighter worked just as good.

Then I proceeded to make Changa instead. I'll try it out with a larger dose once I have more DMT than I want to make changa from Smile

hexan
#12 Posted : 3/22/2011 8:36:40 PM

The Great Gatsby

gibran2 wrote:
hexan wrote:

Question.

lol

H

When DMT vaporizes, even in the GVG, it produces thick white “smoke” (actually vapor). So if you’re not holding it in your lungs very long, you will exhale white smoke.

If spice is burnt, the color of the smoke will change – usually to a yellow or even brownish-yellow. This smoke seems very toxic and is extremely harsh. Don’t inhale it!

As far as a comparison between “The Machine” and a light bulb vaporizer goes, The Machine is far superior in my opinion. So if you were getting good results with The Machine, keep using it!

Good to hear Gibran2 : )
We got amzing results and neither of us found the smoke harsh. I guess coming from a Volcano = weed background I was simply a bit taken aback by the plume that I generated in exhalation.

I think we will continue with the machine and thank you for your tip ; )