We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I taste DMT all the time. Options

bottfly
#1 Posted : 11/21/2010 12:59:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hello! I've smoked spice 3 times, all from very reputable friends of mine, and had incredibly gorgeous positive beautiful visions with it. i'm excited to become more active here and learn more about my new favorite thing. I did want to make a really quick post here though because I've been... not suffering, it's mostly enjoyable, but ever since I started i've been having pretty intense after-effects.

i've had HPPD/sleep paralysis/nightmares up to 2 weeks after smoking spice.. the first time I got nothing, the second time I was going to sleep the same night I spent a couple minutes in hyperspace and I felt like some malicious force was sitting on my back and pulling my arms in the air. I woke up terrified with my arms held under my stomach. The third time, I had a beautiful and positive hyperspace experience yet again, but at night time all I heard when I was in a dead sleep was a woman screaming and a man laughing maliciously. It spooked me out a little bit. the last time I did it, two weeks later I basically dreamt my way into hyperspace, hypersexual hyperspace, uncomfortable noises in my ear and visions of shit in the room moving. I've never had sleep paralysis or weird night terrors like this before spice.

I've had HPPD, i guess, daytime aftereffects too. sometimes I feel like i'm close to imagining myself into hyperspace for a second. walls breathing when I want them to, carpet moving, patterns shifting, it's all totally groovy and enjoyable EXCEPT for the night terrors, and the subject of this thread: A couple times a day, when my heart beats fast or when I run or stretch or do yoga or cough, I taste spice. My mouth tastes like fucking burnt-ass plasticy spice. In the same way if you eat a chocolate cake and you burp a couple hours later and it tastes a little like chocolate cake. I am desirous of many more spice experiences in my life but this taste thing is a little weird and frustrating. Basically, I want to know if any of you have experienced this?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Autodidactic
#2 Posted : 11/21/2010 1:57:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, it's fairly common to smell, taste or even hear sounds that people relate to the DMT experience.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

۩
#3 Posted : 11/21/2010 2:31:41 AM

You're actually not tasting N,N-DMT, you are tasting the Indole backbone which the molecule is based off of.
It occurs all over the world in everything from human bodily fluids to plastics, hence why some people think the molecule smells like new shoes...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indole

Autodidactic
#4 Posted : 11/21/2010 2:44:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
You're actually not tasting N,N-DMT, you are tasting the Indole backbone which the molecule is based off of.
It occurs all over the world in everything from human bodily fluids to plastics, hence why some people think the molecule smells like new shoes...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indole

interesting stuff man, thanks for posting that.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

۩
#5 Posted : 11/21/2010 3:07:10 AM

Ya it's pretty cool, huh?
This happens to get brought up a lot, I think this should be in the FAQ ;]

seven7seven
#6 Posted : 11/21/2010 7:46:25 AM

Stewie

A friend of mine has a similar experience. He smoked some DMT, and now he says everything tastes like DMT to him. Strange.

۩
#7 Posted : 11/21/2010 6:48:41 PM

seven7seven wrote:
A friend of mine has a similar experience. He smoked some DMT, and now he says everything tastes like DMT to him. Strange.

It's really not that strange when you begin to realize just how much this molecular backbone occurs all over the place.

Kookaburra
#8 Posted : 11/21/2010 8:51:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does the taste bother you? I personally love & can't get enough of it. :>
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

GalactivatedMuse
#9 Posted : 11/22/2010 3:19:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like it too!
Currently pulling stories and knowledge together to start a work of fiction. Anything expressed on the forum is related directly to my dreams, my love for fiction, and my love for information. "The magic is in the mind."

Xt
#10 Posted : 11/22/2010 2:43:07 PM

I too get indole taste and smell arising from seemingly nowhere. It instantly makes me think of dmt for a moment. I try to see any cause's for this association but often cant. For example crossing the street... ?

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

hexan
#11 Posted : 3/17/2011 9:06:16 AM

The Great Gatsby

xtechre wrote:
I too get indole taste and smell arising from seemingly nowhere. It instantly makes me think of dmt for a moment. I try to see any cause's for this association but often cant. For example crossing the street... ?

same here. I've smelled it out on the street and looked around and thought it was maybe a component of some sort of industrial exhaust.

Ive been tasting it quite a bit at the back of my throat this week after a teleport at the weekend
Hexan is a fictional character.

hexan
#12 Posted : 3/17/2011 9:15:11 AM

The Great Gatsby

[quote=bottfly]

Your experience sounds v interesting and I can relate to part, not the night thing though.

I have been experiencing some sort of jet lag since my weekend mission too.

In the province of the mind where suggestion and imagination are so powerful I think the spice experience can leave existential shock waves.

I cant get the experience out of my head this week and find that the memory of the event is running in the background all the time. I can easily close my eyes at any point and drift into recollection and analysis. I have a lot of free time at the moment so introspection and analysis always yield more detail than at a busy hectic time.

I'm sure your aftereffects will settle down with time.

H

ChampionPuffa
#13 Posted : 3/17/2011 1:48:30 PM

lol.

me too, before i tried dmt a month or so ago i never tasted it, but since ive done it can pretty always taste it in the back of my mouth, even when i havnt smoked any for a while. it seems i taste dmt a good few times a day at least, regardless of when i last smoked it.
PROHIBITION?? - just say NO!!

Lavos
#14 Posted : 3/17/2011 2:52:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I know a SWIM who smoked it once and swears every time they get something unstuck from a certain tooth, they can taste it very strongly. It sounds like you mighta opened your third eye a bit more than expected. Go forth if you feel it calling. The start of my trips often have mixed and extreme emotion 'arch-type sounds' of yelling and soothing or something similar.
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

soulfood
#15 Posted : 3/17/2011 4:18:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Brush your teeth Razz

BathtubSkyPirate
#16 Posted : 3/18/2011 5:16:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There was a Chinese woman standing a bit too close yesterday.
When she talked a strong DMT odor was coming from her mouth.
The smell didn't appeal to me like it usually does.

DMT Psychonaut
#17 Posted : 3/19/2011 1:37:47 AM

Witness to Humanity

I really enjoy that taste of spice. Each time I"ve tried it the smell and taste sets off a good feeling.
Disclaimer:

All these thoughts,
words arranged in this message,
come from the Tao
and return to the Tao.
Yet they do not touch it.
Each of us will perceive the message,
Yet to each our own interpretation.

I'll see you when the river meets us

hexan
#18 Posted : 3/22/2011 2:41:30 PM

The Great Gatsby

BathtubSkyPirate wrote:
There was a Chinese woman standing a bit too close yesterday.
When she talked a strong DMT odor was coming from her mouth.
The smell didn't appeal to me like it usually does.

LOL, thats gross, maybe she just popped out to the shops for some Naphtha and vinegar : )