We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tripping Options

'Coatl
#1 Posted : 10/27/2008 10:08:56 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Shamanic Tool-Box-

Stainless Steel Pots (For brewing) [3-5]
Edible Lime (For quids or chews)
Jars, Tins, Boxes and Bags (For storage)
Pipes, Bongs, Water Pipes, etc.
Rolling Papers
Filters
Rolling Machine
Tweezers
Razer blades
Fire
Hand-Grinders
Scales ( .1g)
Mortar and Pestal
Shot Glass
Special Cups (For drinking ethnobotanical brews)
Metal Cigarette Case
Pure Drinkable Alcohol 95% (For extractions)
Strainers of all sorts and sizes (including cheese cloth)
Drying Rack
“Infuser” French Press and/or Tea Pot
“Pint Glasses” Beer and Wine/Spirit Glasses
Washable Heavy Duty Machine Grinder
Intent focusing objects- crystals, rocks, gems, wands, rare/powerful plants or dried botanicals, etc.
Smudging Herbs- Sage (Salvia species),
Sacred Incense; Seven Holy Scents; Shamanic Incense- Commiphora myrrha ~ "Myrrh", Boswellia sacra ~ "Frankincense", Styrax benzoin ~ "Benzoin resin", Bursera microphylla ~ "Copal", Bursera graveolens ~ "Palo Santo", Peganum harmala ~ "Syrian Rue", Santalum album ~ "Sandalwood".

I'd like to replace Bursera graveolens ~ "Palo Santo" ('cause I already have one Bursera scent) and Peganum harmala ~ "Syrian Rue" ('cause of it's psychoactivtys possible interference with other enthnobotanicals) with other traditional sacred insenses, can anybody give me two?

What Shamans Do-

Foretell the future
Heal the sick
Get information from the "Spirit World"
Divine dreams
Travel to different planes of existance and through alternate dimensions
Channel energy
Trip sit

(more to come)

A Guide To Trip Sitting-

Before the Trip (The Person)

Have you fasted and followed a diet?

Are you on any medications, blah blah blah (to be edited)

1) Prepare the area- Wheather you go camping or stay home, sit out on a beach or next to the fireplace in your living room, you need to prepare the area. Remove things that bind your to your normal, everyday scope of reality. Clean up your area, remove any clutter or much of anything to get distracted with and caught up in everyday reality. Get some pens, pencils, papers and such so you can draw, or your could ever paint. Have some relaxed enjoyable music. I think one of the best things to do while trippin' is to watch natural, if that's a campfire, or a sunset, some deer of in the distance, clouds, birds, whatever... I always find that very enlightening and comforting.

2) Prepare yourself- Follow the nessicery diet and fasting period required by the entheogen of your choosing.

"This will be over very soon, you don't have very long to enjoy this state of mind."

"Anything that arises let it pass, be it euphoira or sorrow, contemplate your existance in this exact moment."

Seven Essential Shamanic Ethnobotanicals-

Tabernanthe iboga ~ “Iboga”
Banisteriopsis caapi ~ “Vine of the Souls” or “Ayahuasca”
Psychotria viridis ~ “Chacruna” or “Ayahuasca” and/or Diplopterys cabrerana ~ “Chaliponga” or “Ayahuasca"
Lophophora williamsii ~ “Peyote” and/or Trichocereus spp. ~ “San Pedro”
Psilocybian Mushrooms ~ “Teonanacatl”
Rivea corymbosa ~ “Ololiuqui” and/or Argyreia nervosa ~ “Woodrose” and/or Ipomoea violacea ~ “Tlitliltzin”
Cannabis sativa ~ “Marijuana”

Entheogens-

Psychotria viridis ~ “” or “Ayahuasca”
Diplopterys cabrerana ~ “Oco’ Yage” or “Ayahuasca
Ipomoea violacea ~ “Tlitliltzin”
Rivea corymbosa ~ “Ololiuqui”
Argyreia nervosa ~ “Woodrose”
Salvia Divinorum ~ "Pipilzintzintli"
Trichocereus spp. ~ “San Pedro”
Lophophora williamsii ~ “Peyote”
Heimia salicifolia and Heimia myrtifolia ~ “Sinicuichi” or “Sun-Opener”
Mimosa hostilis ~ “Jurema”
Amanita muscaria ~ “Fly Agaric”

Psychoactives-

Passiflora incarnata ~ “Passion-Flower”
Erythroxylum spp. ~ “Coca Leaf”
Nelumbo nucifera ~ “Scared Lotus”
Nymphaea caerulea ~ “Blue Lotus”
Papaver somniferum ~ “Opium Poppies”
Nicotiana spp. ~ “Tobacco”
Mitragyna speciosa ~ “Kratom”
Silene capensis ~ “Root of the White Ways”
Calea zacatechichi ~ “Bitter Dream Herb”
Catha edulis ~ “Khat”
Areca catechu and Piper betle ~ "Betel Nut" and “Betel Leaf”
Leonotis leonurus ~ “Wild Dagga”
Sceletium tortuosum ~ “Kanna”
Piper methysticum ~ “Kava Kava”
Ladys Slipper
indian warrior
Salvia neromesoa ?

Ethnobotanicals-

Camellia sinensis ~ “Tea”
Humulus lupulus ~ “Hops”
Mircle fruit
Theobroma cacao ~ “Cacao”or “Cocoa” or “Chocolate”
Ilex Paraguariensis ~ “Yerba Mate”
Ephedra spp. ~ “Ma Huang”
Lactuca virosa ~ “Wild Lettuce Opium”
Scutellaria lateriflora ~ “Skullcap”
Pausinystalia yohimbe ~ “Yohimbe”
Artemisia absinthium ~ “Wormwood”
Aspalathus linearis ~ “Rooibos”
Leonurus sibiricus ~ “Motherwort”
Canavalia maritima
Sida acuta
Zornia latifolia
Verbascum blattaria ~ "Moth Mullein"
Lobelia inflata ~ "Indian Tobacco"
Theobroma cacao

Medicinals-

Polygala sibirica and Polygala tenuifolia "Taoist Memory enhancer"
Panax spp. ~ “Ginseng”
Gingko biloba ~ “Gingko”
Rholdia rosea ~ “Golden Root”
Valeriana officinalis ~ “Valerian Root”
Verbena hastate ~ “Blue Vervain”
Osha Root
Yerbe Santa

Essential Edibles-

Goji Berry plants
"Ice Cream Bean" ~ Inga edulis trees
Worlds's Hottest Peppers- Capsicum chinense strains- Naga Jolokia, Bih Jolokia, Habanero "Red Savina"

For Covering your Shamanic Ass-

Entheogenic Waiver Date:_________________

I ______________________ understand that I am going to ingest an entheogenic substance, and do so by my own free will.

I ______________________ take full responsibility for any of the effects that the entheogenic substance has on my mind or body.

I ______________________ take full responsibility for any harm I do to myself or others while on the influence of the Entheogenic substance.

I ______________________ understand that ______________________ did his/her best to prepare the Entheogenic substance and understand that the effects are variable and an experience is not 100% guaranteed.

Print Name

X ______________________ X ______________________

Sign Name

X ______________________ X ______________________

Declaration of Religious Belief (Feel free to print this out, sign it, and put it away in a safe place)

This document is intended as a formal Declaration of my Religious and/or Spiritual Beliefs.

I, the undersigned, do hearby declare that traditional entheogenic botanicals are an essential and inseparable part of my religious/spiritual practice.

Due to ecological and social factors adversely affecting sacred botanicals in their native habitats, I also acknowledge that cultivation of such is a bonafide religious/spiritual practice and responsibility.

I do therefore declare that my consumption and cultivation of holy sacramental botanicals including but not limited to Lophophora ~ "Peyote", Caapi + Psychotria ~ "Ayahuasca", Trichocereus ~ "San Pedro" to be a strictly religious/spiritual practice afforded First Amendment protection under the Constitution of the United States of America and should be the right of each and every human being upon this Earth.

Print Name X __________________________

Date X __________________________

Signature X __________________________

I think most people do entheogens very wrong...

While its nice to be in a dark room by yourself sometimes... I think its much more fun to be with 3-12 really good friends, lovers, etc. out in nature, in the forest, dancing around a big fire!

I think it should be much more like a festival and we should go into together!

Some cool trip toys include-

Wrapped Cloth Fire Balls

Benzoin thrown in the fire will create a FLASH!

Sticks/Staffs

Brightly Colored Face Paint

Crazy Cloths/Masks/etc.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/27/2008 10:46:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think its two completely different things

one could say that this ´outer´ trip you suggest is in a way an escape, a distraction, instead of looking at the hard stuff that lies deep within oneself, which can only be seen in quiet darkness with full introspection

I like both ways, though, each in their own context.. Acid for me lends itself the most to group trips with talking and having fun, exploring nature and so on. though I have also had some nice introspective trips in silent darkness. In fact, many acid trips I stayed part of it with friends in nature, and part I just went alone inside my tent or room or whatever and closed my eyes, either in silent or listening to music.

Ayahuasca for me is the least "fun", exploring and "group" substance of all(group of friends to talk and interact, I mean). It is just too introspective for me, I can only use it alone or in a ritual context where the group is there as an energy but not for interaction

mushroom is in between, can be both

so I just think it depends, I dont agree with saying there is a right way and a wrong way of using them. I had great trips both ways

Linga Sarira
#3 Posted : 10/28/2008 7:15:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think its a matter of your intentions, there is no right or wrong way to take psychedelics. People take them for all different reasons and in all different sets and settings.

Me personally Ive always taken them by myself , only rare occasions with a like minded partner or friend.

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 10/28/2008 4:08:40 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I like to have both...

On one side of the field a large party/festival kinda thing is going on... and on the other side of the field its quiet and dark, with some tents and cots set up for laying down.

Thats what we did last time...
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 10/28/2008 6:15:00 PM

The Great Namah

'Coatl wrote:
I think most people do entheogens very wrong...

Wow, that's a bold statement to make.

"Entheogen - An entheogen, in the strictest sense, is a psychoactive substance used in a religious or shamanic (or entheogenic) context."

There are many ways to do things. If your idea is to take a substance and enjoy a fun night with some friends then yes, your way makes sense...however many people use entheogens (see definition of the word above) as a spiritual tool, and the way you describe is less than ideal for this purpose.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Dwhitty76
#6 Posted : 10/29/2008 1:47:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think if your motives are right and your smart about the set and setting there is no wrong way to do ethneogens imho (unless it's medically unsafe).
Swim has had very high spirited /spiritual bonds with close friends out in the woods around the bondfires (especially in his younger days) but that is a completely different experience than the intraspective/self examination and insight swim has experienced with the lights out and complete silence.

Just look at the many different methods in which aya is used, different circumstances bring on a different experience.

Swims most profound experience on any psychedelic has been with himself and only himself w/out any distractions.

At the same time some of the most magical experiences have been with bonding with other people (complete strangers bonding as one) and the transference of energy that positive people give off,through dancing movements and other forms of communication but that view has come as i've gotten older.

Many different stages of life and lessons and the joy is in the journey. have foud that life is neither black or white but many shades of grey.

Deep thoughts by jack handy

Laughing
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 10/29/2008 9:10:22 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Every shaman should have these botanicals in their garden!

Psychotria viridis ~ “Chacruna” and/or Diplopterys cabrerana ~ “Chaliponga”
Rivea corymbosa ~ “Ololiuqui” and/or Argyreia nervosa ~ “Woodrose” and/or Ipomoea violacea ~ “Tlitliltzin”

Darkbb
#8 Posted : 10/29/2008 11:15:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A place to stay, lots of shrooms, weed, and my friends would be effin awesome oh yea lots of glow in the dark stuff and music.

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 10/29/2008 11:37:50 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Ya def.

I like a being outside tho.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 10/29/2008 11:47:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
Every shaman should have these botanicals in their garden!

Psychotria viridis ~ “Chacruna” and/or Diplopterys cabrerana ~ “Chaliponga”

yes nice list.. wouldnt be bad to add mimosa hostilis, syrian rue, virola theiodora and anadenanthera spp to this list Smile

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 10/30/2008 3:46:02 AM

Teotzlcoatl

There is an expanded list... That is the "Holy Seven" Smile

I edited the first post, check it out.

Other Thread