We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
difficult experience... spice headache? Options

alabama getaway
#1 Posted : 2/12/2011 7:29:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM recently had a very troubling experience with spice... over the course of a couple days SWIM and a friend smoked about 500 mg of fluffy spice. i loaded up the last 80 mg and took three fat hits. as i exhaled the third hit i heard and felt my neck pop, and- the weirdest sensation of my life- i got the most painful headache of my life within a single second. I could not turn or move my head at all. I was in sooooo much pain, and as i blasted through hyperspace i could do little more than hold my neck, crying "ow, ow, ow" as an entity sort of mocked me, asking if i wanted more. I cant stress enough how weird it felt to have the sttrongest headache of my life come on within one to two seconds. after coming down my neck was immobile for a few minutes, and i spent the rest of the night in my bed. It has been about three weeks now, and everytime i smoke (i tend to smoke mj about 4-8 times daily) my neck gets stiff and achey and my headache returns (though noticabley weaker. can anyone please offer some insight seeing as i would love to be able to return to my regular smoking routine without the physical discomfort... yes i abstained from smoking for 2 days on several occassions, and upon restarting the headache and neck pains return sharply

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mister_Niles
#2 Posted : 2/12/2011 7:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

alabama getaway wrote:
SWIM recently had a very troubling experience with spice... over the course of a couple days SWIM and a friend smoked about 500 mg of fluffy spice. i loaded up the last 80 mg and took three fat hits. as i exhaled the third hit i heard and felt my neck pop, and- the weirdest sensation of my life- i got the most painful headache of my life within a single second. I could not turn or move my head at all. I was in sooooo much pain, and as i blasted through hyperspace i could do little more than hold my neck, crying "ow, ow, ow" as an entity sort of mocked me, asking if i wanted more. I cant stress enough how weird it felt to have the sttrongest headache of my life come on within one to two seconds. after coming down my neck was immobile for a few minutes, and i spent the rest of the night in my bed. It has been about three weeks now, and everytime i smoke (i tend to smoke mj about 4-8 times daily) my neck gets stiff and achey and my headache returns (though noticabley weaker. can anyone please offer some insight seeing as i would love to be able to return to my regular smoking routine without the physical discomfort... yes i abstained from smoking for 2 days on several occassions, and upon restarting the headache and neck pains return sharply

I had the same problem. Except my headache came on slowly. It did start with my neck and spine tensing up though. I could feel a dirty pain about 1/3 of the way down my spine. The headache lasted for the next couple days and the neck and spine pain lasted for a week.

A couple questions.

What color was the spice?
Was it re-evapped with a 100% volatile substance? Acetone?
Was it re-x'd

My problem stopped when I vaped white spice instead of yellow. No problem at all with white. I'm pretty sure it's the yellow that gives me headaches.

Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

alabama getaway
#3 Posted : 3/14/2011 11:03:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The headaches are still present EVERYTIME i smoke weed. which is at least 3 or 4 times a day. I just went three days without smoking, and about 4 hours ago smoked a bowl of hash with my buddy and now the sharp pain in my neck and head have returned. the spice was white and fluffy... been a while since ive seen any yellow spice

gammagore
#4 Posted : 3/14/2011 11:06:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you extract it yourself?

Mister_Niles
#5 Posted : 3/15/2011 1:53:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Did you extract it yourself?

I extracted my own. I had re-x'd with heptane and was convinced for awhile that I had solvent locked up in my xtals and that that had been the cause of the headaches. I made changa with acetone, which is fully volatile, but I still got a headache, not as bad that time. Then I smoked some bright white spice from a q21q21 tek 2, that I re-x'd w/ heptane, the day after the funeral of a friend. He visited me at the end of the trip, but after he was gone, my neck REALLY hurt. About an hour passed and I had a headache. I still have it. It has been a month. Nothing seems to help much.
A cold pack helps a little.
A hot shower is effective but only for an hour or so.
NSAIDS don't work.
10mg Valium works, but then I'm trashed.
Cannabis, makes me stoned with a headache that I don't really care about.
Salvia unzipped my spine and a mexican woman (very matronly) with her hair up in a black bun turned it into a cactus. She began pulling cactus spines out of my spine one by one, each time saying something like: "Pindero! Chin!" And she would throw the cactus spine behind her and it would zip around a "c" shaped curve in the air and stick into my chin, becoming part of my beard. Salvia needs to be explored more. I felt a little better afterwards.

I was sure the headache had something to do with my extraction, but after quite a bit of looking around for an answer, I've come to a different conclusion. The dmt is only partially to blame. I think it was a catalyst that condensed all of the stress in my life into a muscular spasm.

There are a lot of other factors in my case. My mother has a deepening dementia. My father is dying of esophageal cancer. My wife and I have each had a friend die unexpectedly in the last month or so. My wife was laid off and hasn't found a new job yet (her grandmother also died the other day as a nice little bonus). We have discovered that my parents are financially screwed and may lose their house soon. I have my own business, and I've had a surprisingly busy year despite the u.s. economy. So, stress.

ughhhhh... I'm sure there's more. Oh: I have a six year old son who is a super genius who is the master of space and time, so that's an energy deficit on top of all the other stuff.

I think the headaches are from stress. Mine are classic tension headaches. I've never had a problem with headaches before, but I think all of the chaos in my life being atom smashed by the intensity of the dmt experience, was enough to send my muscular tension into overdrive, resulting in my current problem.
I'm taking some steps.
1: Found stretches that help with tension headaches on yoo toob. They seem to help.
2. Quit drinking caffeine. Day 3, no apparent withdrawal symptoms. I was only drinking 2 cups in the a.m. but apparently that can be enough. Spoke to a client who had a tension headache for 15 months! He went through all kinds of testing and finally a doctor suggested he stop drinking caffeine. 8 days later his headache was gone.
3. Getting a massage in the next few days.
4. Going to the doctor. Asking about physical therapy.
5. Trying to improve my diet.

One more thing and then I'll shut up. I gave some changa to a friend. He smoked it with 3 other friends. My friend got a headache that lasted for 24 hours. The others were fine. My friend was the only one among them with a chaotic personal life and turbulent home situation. Something to consider.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 3/15/2011 8:44:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you might be on to something. For me, spice headaches started in periods were I was stressed and did not really have a good relationship with the substance. It could very well be, that tension gets multiplied and manifests itself in your muscles. You won't notice the strain on your musles because you are too far out.

My spice headaches also lasts at least 2 days (36h of pure terror) and no over the counter analgesic helps. I think i have not tried kratom yet.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=5810

Here is another long thread about dmt headaches.

Felnik
#7 Posted : 3/15/2011 1:44:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Residual headaches lasting overnight seem to be a
Regular feature of my most intense journeys . I've noticed
It to be more pronounced with yellow space . I've always tied it in to
Diet more that anything. When I'm not really careful of what I eat
And drink following a journey . Like staying away from cafeine and rich
Foods. Magnesium powder a product called CALM works well
At taking the edge off, its a powder that you mix with warm water. .
Also a hot pack on the head really helps a lot . I've made no correlation
Between good vs bad journeys . I've gotten headaches with some of my best journeys .
It has more to do with the quantity and quality
Of the spice consumed and diet . If I'm under major stress I simply don't journey that's some food for
Thought right there.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

The little mouse
#8 Posted : 3/18/2011 12:25:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I do a bunch of yoga and Chi Kung, and have applied that extensively to DMT. DMT seems to work with the Sushumna nadi or the central water channel, which is where the Shakti acsends to meet shiva in Shassara*, your crown chakra which is often times related to your pineal gland. Kundalini yoga kind of sealed the deal for me when we were doing a meditation for the pineal gland and i started have full blown DMT visuals and then left my body....

Many times after i have had Non-Drug induces Kundalini experiences I have gotten headaches, Most DMT headaches I have had occurred after intense activity in the central channel or spine. Cannabis does a similar thing to my central channel and precipitates headaches often times.

If you went to a Swami and told him your experience but left the DMT use out, he would probably tell you to start meditating and doing yoga and reading scripture.

If you went to a learned person of the tao, they would tell you to start doing grounding Chi-Kung forms and Some different internal alchemy meditations to bring the trapped chi from your head, which has a delicate brain in it, down into your tan tien, stomach area, which is "designed" to store chi.

I might put together some meditations that are good for circulating energy for the nexus one of these days. The best thing for me has always been to touch my tongue to the roof of my mouth and swallow and imagine the stuck energy flowing down your tongue into your stomach.

here is a good meditation I use for bring the stuck energy down, I get alot of energy stuck hahaha
http://www.tehutionline.com/newpage30.htm

I'll find a better explanation later.

Peace and love.