We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
best genetics? looking for good seeds Options

oneistheall
#1 Posted : 1/27/2011 10:26:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought seeds from kohres in germany, bridgesiis, pedros and torchs 1 year old now.Im wondering now if they will be active... its a lot o time and work to grow from seed so I am thinking of growing some other genetics to be on the safe side.Im thinking in getting some green icaros seeds.any experience with icaros and kohres? recomendations about others? thx guys.
im just a blue reindeer, dont listen to me, listen to her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ABIkH7m0s

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dumbstruck
#2 Posted : 1/29/2011 8:27:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haven't thought about this before, but sale / trade of the seeds is legal pretty much worldwide right? You should go check out a couple of the cacti-exclusive forums and message some members about a trade! I bet you could find much more interesting (and more rare) genetics that way. You would hopefully find access to some cacti that have been tended by small groups of humans for many generations -- that's always where the real gems are in cultivation! But sorry I'm no help on your actual question.

tribo
#3 Posted : 3/17/2011 10:26:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bridgesii, Peruvianus and Pachanoi Kohres seeds have germinated very well last winter, but aren't big or mature enough to test for potency. Bridgesii grafted at 3 months blew up to over 18 inches by 15 months total age. Didn't have enough rooted peres stock to graft em all, maybe next time. If you are interested in growing from seed have you considered grafting to peres to speed up the maturation process? Icaros has had great cacti products in the past, don't know about their seeds though. Also, 'coatl raves about a certain cacti vendor that sells seeds. How did your seedlings turn out? My peruvianus were much fatter and darker than pachanoi or bridgesii, and also tolerated much more frequent waterings.

Growing from seed is probably the most rewarding way to go, especially if you find that magical teacher in there! Best of luck to you!
The above posts are a work of fiction. Tribo and/or friends are entirely fictional characters and do not exist in any physical reality. The activities described by tribo and/or friends are equally fictional and describe hypothetical situations and events that are in fact imaginary. Any resemblance to real people, situations, events, and/or compounds are merely coincidental.