We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : What should Syrian Rue + Mimosa be Called?
Choice Votes Statistics
Ruemosa 21 60 %
Hamalosa 4 11 %
Haoma 7 20 %
Mimosa-Haoma or Haomamosa 1 2 %
Ruestilis 0 0 %
Juruema 1 2 %
MimoSambra 1 2 %
Ayaruemosa 0 0 %

Vote For the Name of the Syrian Rue / Mimosa Mixture Options

Apoc
#1 Posted : 12/16/2010 5:44:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, before you vote, consider the history of the question at this thread. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=12657 Also, consider the potential advantages of each choice, which I outline below..

- Ruemosa: It's simple, easy to say, and you know exactly which plants and which mixture is being talked about

- Harmalosa: This is probably the coolest sounding choice. The "harmal" is for the harmaline in Syrian Rue, and "osa" for mimosa.

- Haoma: This is the traditional term for Syrian Rue tea, or Syrian Rue tea with admixtures, used in its original culture. Should we call rue tea Haoma like we call B. Caapi + admixture, "Ayahuasca"?

- Mimosa-haoma Or Haomamosa: The traditional usage of Haoma, but with a mimosa prefix added.

- Ruestilis: Simple and to the point, like Ruemosa

- Juruema: A play on words. The word "rue" is slipped in to the word "Jurema" aka mimosa hostilis.

- MimoSambra: One person has suggested this name sounds good, and uses the mimosa prefix, and the sambra part describes the amber color of the drink, or the "spirit" of the drink.

- Ayaruemosa: Just a thought. It uses the "aya" (spirit) from ayahuasca, but not the "huasca" (vine) part of the word because Syrian Rue and mimosa aren't vines.

EDIT: Sorry people, I just noticed that the second choice says "Hamalosa". It's supposed to say "Harmalosa", but I don't know how to change it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phantastica
#2 Posted : 12/16/2010 8:41:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ruemosa!Very happy
easy to remember and straightforward, tho Harmalosa sounds cool too, but its more ambiguous since harmaline is present in also other substances
p.s. love the voting system for deciding upon the name!
<3

Opiyum
#3 Posted : 12/16/2010 9:07:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm definately writing a song with the word Harmalosa in the chorus.

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 12/16/2010 9:48:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Hows about 'pegosa'?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

BecometheOther
#5 Posted : 12/16/2010 10:30:00 PM

metamorhpasizer

Harmalosa all the way! it just sounds the most "potent"
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

amor_fati
#6 Posted : 12/16/2010 11:35:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Eh, none really work for me. The top ones are too reminiscent of samosa. It's been called anahuasca in the past, but that certainly won't suffice.

The only decent alternative that comes to mind is Juremala, which works for me. Any part of "Syrian Rue" really doesn't need to figure into the name; "rue" has mainly just been used as pet name in the past. "Harmala" is really key here. "Mimosa" is also kind of a pet name and can apply to a vast number of plants, whereas "Jurema" is more specific and traditional.

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 12/16/2010 11:41:25 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

how 'bout purgetastica?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

polytrip
#8 Posted : 12/19/2010 10:15:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
corpus callosum wrote:
Hows about 'pegosa'?

I would like the name 'pegasus'. The winged horse that emerged out of the blood of medusa and can take you as far as you like...although who rides the horse with haughty intentions will get severely punished by the gods.
Seems apropriate.

SKA
#9 Posted : 12/22/2010 7:59:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I like the sound of Haoma, allthough; Does it really matter what we call it?
"A Syrian Rue + Mimosa Hostilis tea" should be a clear enough terminology.

No need for a fancy name, really.

Xt
#10 Posted : 12/22/2010 8:27:53 PM

Ruemosa clearly. Or the Haoma OG term.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

gravytrain89
#11 Posted : 2/22/2011 5:52:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ruemosa FTW! Smile

digital_phreedom
#12 Posted : 2/22/2011 6:48:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always just called it "ayahuasca", and then explained that it's not technically that without the vine.. But having it's own name is a good idea, so Ruemosa seems the most to the point to me out of those.. Though if there was something with an "uasca" suffix, I probably would have picked that.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Mindlusion
#13 Posted : 2/27/2011 1:41:05 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I usually just call it "DRINLK MIMOSA"

Mimosaya is a cool name,

that would be more of a mimosa + caapi I guess.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

pill pill zintli
#14 Posted : 2/27/2011 4:28:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

with the common terminology for ayahuasca being a mixture of aya and dmt, i would consider pegahuasca to be a good name, because its very fluent to spell. so we have ayahuasca, juremahuasca, anahuasca, pharmahuasca,(bufohuasca?)... and pegahuasca. how do you think?

or tepescoharma sounds cool to. pegajurema would be a nice possibility too. Smile

jamie
#15 Posted : 2/27/2011 4:37:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"with the common terminology for ayahuasca being a mixture of aya and dmt, i would consider pegahuasca to be a good name"

..why? ayahuasca is caapi with or without admixtures..there is no caapi in the rue brew being discussed here.
Long live the unwoke.

pill pill zintli
#16 Posted : 2/27/2011 4:41:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

` ok, so pegahuasca is out of the way.
i decided now i call it pegajurema, it works best for me.

PowerfulMedicine
#17 Posted : 3/16/2011 4:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like Mimosa-Haoma or Haomamosa. It keeps some of the OG quality while being more descriptive and having more razzle-dazzle for you crazy kids Pleased.
Maay-yo-naze!

acolon_5
#18 Posted : 3/16/2011 7:43:58 PM

The Great Namah

How about, "Wow this is foul-o-husca"
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

DMTripper
#19 Posted : 3/16/2011 11:46:35 PM

John Murdoch IV

Just got some rue seeds so I think I'll be having some Ruemosa for the first time soon Smile
So anyone have a good recipe for me? :
Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!