We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acid wash Options

FiorSirtheoir
#1 Posted : 3/15/2011 9:07:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has done 2 STB batches, still pulling from them, and is giving A/B a go for a purer finished product, to check out any change in the voyage. Anyway, when you wash the MHRB acidified solution with Naphtha, should or will the Naphtha discolor? I am getting no discoloration and that seems a little odd considering some of the golden pulls SWIM got from STB.

100g MHRB
800ml of water
200my of vinager
boiled for 3 hours, poured into a container, about 200ml of naphtha added (planning on using this several times in acid washes). This has been sitting for about 18 hours and the NP is still clear. Any feed back?
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 3/16/2011 1:28:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to ask, but what made you decide to do this extra defat step if you are using MHRB? Personally, it just doesn't seem necessary at all, mainly because MHRB has such a low fat content.

Maybe the naphtha is clear due to the low fat content in the first place. I am not 100 percent sure about that, as i have never performed this defat step when working with mimosa.

Edit: I think i may have misinterpreted your reason for doing it. Is it merely for research purposes?

Xt
#3 Posted : 3/16/2011 2:13:28 AM

Edit: I thought you got confused and tried pulling DMT salts with non polar and so just explained the process of an a/b...
but i see your planning on reusing the naptha to defat more then once.

My bad. As DK pointed out, not much fat to defat with mimosa.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Main_Page

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Nexian_DMT_Handbook

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 3/16/2011 12:52:52 PM

The Great Namah

If you must (and I have in the past)....just to get those shiney xtals

Heat up the whole thing. When it's almost too hot to handle you'll see some fats moving over to the naphtha.

Xylene or toluene might have been better defat choices as well.

2c
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

FiorSirtheoir
#5 Posted : 3/16/2011 9:13:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well the reason why is because SWIM thought that doing the acid pull would remove the fats I have seen in the form of the yellow wax or golden crystal spice. I was just wanting a purer end result. It seems that simply decanting the acid solution of particles will do the job, perhaps the base draws them out. SWIM is working on two A/B batches and didn't seem to do the first one the most efficient way, having far more liquid than necessary, for the amount of root bark. Thanks for the input ya'll.
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.