We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
burning lips/tongue Options

moracca
#1 Posted : 10/28/2008 2:43:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so I wanted to just get a few people opinions on the matter. The burning/tingling effect that I experience on my lips can at times be quite uncomfortable and worrying. I'm trying to determine if my spice is just impure, or if this is normal, or what. On a scale of 1-10, how uncomfortable would you rate this effect? I would have to say somewhere around a 5 or 6. After I'm back down, I immediately want to get a drink to stop it. Anyone else experience similar effects? Thanks in advance!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/28/2008 3:24:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

try smoking with a water bong, this will guarantee no NaOH is getting to your mouth

SWIM feels strongly the taste but is not really bothered by it

islandhome
#3 Posted : 10/28/2008 1:22:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont get a burnig effect at all
i always procces mine till its white though
if your devise has a good air chamber should not be a prob
i may not like the bong so much but >>>
if your still have probs go with endless ness
You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"

"You ask a glass of water."

Douglas Adams

lorax
#4 Posted : 10/28/2008 1:49:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it shouldn't burn! if vaporized correctly i don't even think that it tastes like plastic or something. in the aromed vaporizer it just tastes very mysterious.. but not bad. try the anti lye washing tek for clean spice.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

lorax
#5 Posted : 10/28/2008 1:50:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

by the way.. a friend uses a temperature of 130°C for vaporization. it only tastes bad if you burn it.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

moracca
#6 Posted : 10/28/2008 3:03:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm, well this was with the machine... so it could be a combination of factors. the chamber is pretty small, so the smoke is probably pretty hot still when it hits the lips. My spice is a nice white color, so visually it doesn't seem impure, but that doesn't mean it isn't. I may try a bong next time, or I may try to recrystallize my spice before trying again. Or maybe just deal with it :-P
I dont think its being burnt, the flame never hits the spice, as I have the plug set back quite a bit in the neck of the bottle, and the flame isnt actually entering the neck, just the heat

Infinite I
#7 Posted : 10/28/2008 3:40:09 PM

JC

Swims had that once when hes smoked it out of a water bucket, very occasionally hes had it with a dry bong, once, twice tops. When it was the water bucket it was horrible didnt go away for a bit and the taste wasnt great either.

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 10/28/2008 6:19:06 PM

The Great Namah

moracca wrote:
hmm, well this was with the machine... so it could be a combination of factors. the chamber is pretty small, so the smoke is probably pretty hot still when it hits the lips. My spice is a nice white color, so visually it doesn't seem impure, but that doesn't mean it isn't. I may try a bong next time, or I may try to recrystallize my spice before trying again. Or maybe just deal with it :-P
I dont think its being burnt, the flame never hits the spice, as I have the plug set back quite a bit in the neck of the bottle, and the flame isnt actually entering the neck, just the heat

The flame doesn't have to hit it to burn it. At one point I was using a glass bong/vaporizer bulb and could easily burn the heck out of my spice if I wasn't careful. It would turn from an oily puddle to a brown/red thick puddle and the taste would suddenly change and it would start to burn the back of my throat.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

moracca
#9 Posted : 10/28/2008 11:14:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm.. I guess its hard to say never having seen someone else use the machine in person. but I would say the flame is a good 2 inches or so from the closest bit of spice on the plug. Can anyone tell me definitively if this burning sensation is anything to be worried about? i mean, I can deal with it, it goes away after a little while, but I don't want to be damaging my mouth or something. I've gotten conflicting stories about whether any sodium hydroxide (my main concern) could be making its way into my mouth. thanks for the help everyone!

endlessness
#10 Posted : 10/28/2008 11:58:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

moracca wrote:
hmm.. I guess its hard to say never having seen someone else use the machine in person. but I would say the flame is a good 2 inches or so from the closest bit of spice on the plug. Can anyone tell me definitively if this burning sensation is anything to be worried about? i mean, I can deal with it, it goes away after a little while, but I don't want to be damaging my mouth or something. I've gotten conflicting stories about whether any sodium hydroxide (my main concern) could be making its way into my mouth. thanks for the help everyone!

sodium hydroxide needs a way too high temperature to be vaporized AFAIK. The only chance of any coming to you would be small uncombusted particles of it. That is why I suggest you try a water bong, because even if a little bit of sodium hydroxide particles were to pass through, they would stop at the water and not reach your mouth

you can also recrystalize your spice, which is an easy (and even fun) process and would get rid of impurities, including NaOH.. you might lose some of your yield on the process, though, but very little if your spice is pure to begin with and if you do it right

KUSHMASTER
#11 Posted : 10/29/2008 12:29:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I ALWAYS recrystalize, and i use a bubbler too, and I've never had a burning sensation on my lips.

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a character based on other people) obtained a license for said activity or did said activity where it is legal to do so.

69ron
#12 Posted : 10/29/2008 1:39:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this is all about smoking technique.

Pure DMT burns if you put it on your lips or your tongue. So does 5-MeO-DMT, but much worse. That's a normal property of both alkaloids when in freebase form only.

If you're smoking in such a way that a lot of it is solidifying on your lips or tongue, then you'll feel a burn from it. That means you're smoking it wrong. It should not be solidifying that soon. The smoke is either not hot enough or you're breathing it in too slowly so too much is landing in your mouth and on your lips. That's very wasteful. Find out what you're doing wrong in your smoking technique and fix it.

I doubt much sodium hydroxide is in anyone's final product, but it is possible. However, a burn from sodium hydroxide is going to leave tissue damage at the burn site and you’ll feel it the next day. A burn from DMT will not leave tissue damage. It's more of a sensation than an actual burn. Bufotenine has a higher pKa than DMT and is more alkaline than DMT and it doesn't burn your tongue or lips even if you put a ton of it there intentionally.

Try a different smoking technique, one where the smoke is hot enough and inhaled quick enough that it doesn’t solidify before it’s in your longs, otherwise you will feel a burn in your mouth or lips and you’ll be wasting most of your DMT. You need to get it in your lungs, not your mouth.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.