We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cat scratch phenomenon... help! Options

modsquad09
#1 Posted : 10/27/2008 10:04:10 PM

mods

Figured id ask the smart people around the nexus about what happened to me last night.

I woke up this morning to four well spaced scratches on my left thigh..

All my nails are short/smooth, it couldn't of been my cat, no wires hanging out my bed, nothing to explain them, never happened to me before..

each line looks like it was a part of one hand, but the fingers are abnormally/unevenly seperated..

i was up for most of the night puzzled.. felt all emo.

maybe ive lost my mind?
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 10/27/2008 10:33:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

how strange dude..
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 10/27/2008 11:27:35 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

My best guess is bedbugs. Some of them can leave trails of marks/scratches instead of simple dotty bites. It has happened to me a few times.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

modsquad09
#4 Posted : 10/28/2008 12:08:34 AM

mods

yea i thought a spider or two bit me at first, i woke up to that whole area numb, like i was sleeping on it too long..

i think its more pain/damage than that of bed bugs, at first i thought maybe 4 cenipedes crawled under my skin in the shape of a claw like scratch, then i was like nah..

I always keep my room clean, change my sheets once a month, never had a problem with bugs or spiders ever.

plus why would they choose that area? and why only there?

is it possible someone has a voodoo doll of me? lol

Tripples
#5 Posted : 10/28/2008 12:10:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can u post a pic?

ballzac
#6 Posted : 10/28/2008 1:00:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is the skin actually broken, or are they just red marks? If it's the latter, it could be stretch marks, especially if you have been working out. The size of muscles can increase dramatically in a short space of time when you work out, and the muscles in the upper leg are large. This can cause quite impressive stretch mark that appear suddenly and can also disappear without leaving a scar (unlike stretch marks from excess weight that tend to scar because of the prolonged time that the skin is stretched AFAIK). The stretch marks are usually quite dark, and are red or purplish. The are usually parallel and can be quite long on an area like the thigh. (EDIT: They are also perpendicular to the direction of the stretching, so they will go from the top of your thigh towards your knee.) If the stretching is prolonged and they begin to scar, the skin will sink in a little and you can feel it by running your hand across it. I could be completely wrong, but it it fits, it could be right.
Please take no offense to anything I just said.

modsquad09
#7 Posted : 10/28/2008 3:54:14 AM

mods

http://i25.photobucket.c.../modsquad09/DSC02159.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.c.../modsquad09/DSC02160.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.c.../modsquad09/DSC02161.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.c.../modsquad09/DSC02162.jpg

they dont look like much but they hurt enough to keep me up for awhile, had to smoke some bud to help ;]

modsquad09
#8 Posted : 10/28/2008 3:56:04 AM

mods

ballzac wrote:
Is the skin actually broken, or are they just red marks? If it's the latter, it could be stretch marks, especially if you have been working out. The size of muscles can increase dramatically in a short space of time when you work out, and the muscles in the upper leg are large. This can cause quite impressive stretch mark that appear suddenly and can also disappear without leaving a scar (unlike stretch marks from excess weight that tend to scar because of the prolonged time that the skin is stretched AFAIK). The stretch marks are usually quite dark, and are red or purplish. The are usually parallel and can be quite long on an area like the thigh. (EDIT: They are also perpendicular to the direction of the stretching, so they will go from the top of your thigh towards your knee.) If the stretching is prolonged and they begin to scar, the skin will sink in a little and you can feel it by running your hand across it. I could be completely wrong, but it it fits, it could be right.

its on my left thigh, anymore to the lefft and your at my ass cheek lol

i dont workout and havent been doing anything that involves stretching

ballzac
#9 Posted : 10/28/2008 4:01:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Definately not stretch marks, you must've scratched yourself somehow
Please take no offense to anything I just said.

modsquad09
#10 Posted : 10/28/2008 4:27:14 AM

mods

yea but how....? my nails were cut, and are still very short and smooth, no way my nails did this.

i found a site with very similar reports here;

http://www.clubalien.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=553

Noetic
#11 Posted : 10/28/2008 4:52:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Could be an allergic reaction to soething you brushed up against. Dyes in your jeans possibly. Did you take a voyage when it happenned? You might have just brushed up against something.

I had a pure bred bengal that would scratch me in my sleep and they get like that cuz of teh bacteria and stuff they carry which causes them to get really red and puffy. Either that or freddy Krueger is real..lol. Dunno man, The most unlikely is poltergeist which is basically just your own or soemone near you's telekenetic ability usually subconciously acting out for attention.

Do you have any friends or kids or anyone else in teh house?

Or even a blackout/spilt personality self inflicting with something other than your nails. But you could have had a allergen in your nails and although they arent sharp its still enough to scratch yourself and the allergens do the trick to make your skin react in a way that looks like a scratch mark.

My best guess and siplest would be you brushed up against something of you have some clothes that did it and were probably had a slight allergic reaction to it. Id use some Benedryl on it and see if it helps. if so its mostly allergenic.

lorax
#12 Posted : 10/28/2008 12:04:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

where are you from? what kind of insects live in your area which could cause something like this?

once my cat scratched my during playtime and i didnt even notice at all because my mind was fixed on other things. the next morning it hurt like hell and i was like.. wtf.. why didnt i feel it before? psychedelic people often have their minds focused on other things. it might have just been that. it looks a lot like scratches to me.. not an allergic reaction.

but check out this post.. theres another guy who had weird scratches as well.. http://www.abovetopsecre...m/forum/thread193018/pg1

hope it wasn't evil spirits! you could go ask the elves if they know who did it. shamans often consult ayahuasca.. even if its just for finding out who stole something or where a specific object got lost.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)