We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Geometry of DMT crystals Options

CaptainFuture
#101 Posted : 3/4/2011 10:13:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

But we do not need anything of all this to live. Its just the material form of the all being.
Please don't be offended, maybe you take some time and listen to Eckhart Tolle.
LOVE is all there is.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#102 Posted : 3/4/2011 10:22:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont you see the obvious contradiction and irony between saying science is useless and that you dont need it to live and yet there isnt a single day of your life that isnt completely influenced by it? It makes no sense imo to say you dont 'need' but then keep reaping the benefits of science throughout your entire life...

All this philosophy is fine, in theory we can say anything we want, but practice is where its at... Go live in the jungle for sometime and try to survive without taking any tool or applying any single piece of knowledge you learned due to science (which will be impossible because your education and upbringing is completely based on it, but anyways.... ), and then come back to tell us if its really unnecessary. The proof is in the pudding Pleased

Anyways just to contribute a bit to this crystal madness, here's some pics I took a couple of years ago, pulling mimosa with naphtha that had 3% xylene:

CaptainFuture
#103 Posted : 3/4/2011 10:52:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, I really didn't want to offend your Egos, though its obvious that what I said has to offend an ego.
The word useless might be wrong. I meant insignificant. But thats what I said. I natively speak german and not english.
So, please if you're interested in what's it all about, and this goes to you, endless, too - please take some time and listen to what Tolle says.
Once you've understood what he talks about, everything I said will make sense and won't sound like 'esoteric or homeopathic bullshit' anymore.

LOVE is all there is.

endlessness
#104 Posted : 3/4/2011 11:14:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not offended, I just think you're wrong Smile

Something that completely changes the lives of every one of us every single day seems pretty significant to me....

I will see if this weekend I have some motivation and time to read/listen a bit to tolle and give some feedback on it, maybe on a more appropriate thread.

Rising Spirit
#105 Posted : 3/4/2011 1:24:56 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Back to the crystalline geometries of DMT...

I find these DMT sand dollars most intriguing. Now, not being 'scientific' by personal proclivity, I wonder about the multifarious crystalline forms and what their geometries signify about their chemical environment, growth process and potential effects. And so, based on crystalline density and structure, can the rate these vaporize be in variance? Granted, the 'effects' are still seen as completely subjective and largely hypothetical... but would these 'sand dollar' crystalline forms give any said variance, in the heightening of our perception? If such a geometry does facilitate any difference in effect, are these less-dense crystalline forms less potent, in regards to the high?

Now, if this is the incorrect region of the Nexian forum, any and all ideas are welcome to segway over to the Philosophy/Spirituality subforum. Certainly any discussion of the insights of Eckhart Tolle belong in a less clinical setting and rational head-set. In light of the head-set over at the other subforum, I believe these questions can be discussed fully, without the need to adhere to such strictly scientific procedural parameters. Wink

Frankly, with all the emphasis on what is said where... there may be some wisdom to redirect any non-technical ideas in the appropriate subforum? We have plenty of room to explore any and all ideas, opinions and subjective perceptions, each within the designated and properly sanctioned regions. So, if taking this point of contention over to the other forum opens up a more spiritually-objective platform, shall we go into further detail in a realm without such a degree of logical gravity? And if so, shall we remember that all voices have significant merit, it's just a matter of speaking to the correct and therefore most receptive, audience.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=19615

As members of a community, it behooves us to cross boundaries without consideration of the impact it has on the structural integrity of the Nexus. The Traveler and the specific moderators in charge of the varied subfourm discussions, work hard to make some semblance of a dignified presentation to the greater whole. Thus, making much more sense to new members, visitors and potentially critical outsiders. Every word we type, makes it's mark for a considerable distance, given that this is the Internet, so I believe it really is of great importance to our overall, Nexian collective. I guess we have to continually ask ourselves how our words influence the greater message we are trying to, each in our own particular way, get across to those who really need such knowledge. :idea:

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

SKA
#106 Posted : 3/4/2011 2:31:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Marvelous crystals Endlessness; They look exactly like the ones SWIM obtains from MHRB with his STB method.
And science is very usefull, allthough appearantly the South American shamans didn't need it to discover the sacred combination of Caapi and P.Viridis.
They discovered it and have been using it for over 5000 years, without the use of our western science at all.

I guess a better way to put it (better than saying science is useless) is to say that when it comes to spiritual phenomena, Science is just not adequate, not refined enough a tool/instrument for studying/measuring something as subtle and immeasurable as consciousness. Science can explain and make possible a great deal, but generally tends to fail percieving and/or explaining experiences of Consciousness.

Back ontopic:
When we look at the formation of Crystals from Carbon in nature we see that intense pressure is part of it's crystalisation.
Maybe you, CaptainFuture, could try to allow your DMT-rich solvent to evaporise under higher pressure than normal.
Perhaps that affects the shape and structure your DMT crystals will take on as the solvent evaporises?

endlessness
#107 Posted : 3/4/2011 3:57:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA wrote:
Marvelous crystals Endlessness; They look exactly like the ones SWIM obtains from MHRB with his STB method.
And science is very usefull, allthough appearantly the South American shamans didn't need it to discover the sacred combination of Caapi and P.Viridis.
They discovered it and have been using it for over 5000 years, without the use of our western science at all.

I guess a better way to put it (better than saying science is useless) is to say that when it comes to spiritual phenomena, Science is just not adequate, not refined enough a tool/instrument for studying/measuring something as subtle and immeasurable as consciousness. Science can explain and make possible a great deal, but generally tends to fail percieving and/or explaining experiences of Consciousness.

Back ontopic:
When we look at the formation of Crystals from Carbon in nature we see that intense pressure is part of it's crystalisation.
Maybe you, CaptainFuture, could try to allow your DMT-rich solvent to evaporise under higher pressure than normal.
Perhaps that affects the shape and structure your DMT crystals will take on as the solvent evaporises?

Perfect bridge between the different opinions, SKA, I completely agree, also as I wrote here, I dont think science can answer everything. I just dont find sense that people jump into extremes and deny science (or the inverse, say science is the absolute answer) Smile

Do you have any pics of those crystals, SKA? Did your naphtha contain xylene/aromatics too?

CaptainFuture
#108 Posted : 3/4/2011 6:31:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA wrote:

Yeah, surely thought about that, too. But how to apply pressure? Maybe that special day when the diamonds grew the air pressure was very high?!
At least I can now repeat to let them grow more solid by placing the bowls under the pyramid.

New pictures tomorrow when they are finished.

And nice crystal carpet, Endless. I dig the white ones but those red are neat, too.

I should do more work on different solvents, like 100%ethanol or dry acetone. I'll try the next days.
LOVE is all there is.

endlessness
#109 Posted : 3/4/2011 6:39:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience ethanol and acetone arent good solvents to crystallize dmt, maybe the water being trapped from the air as it evaps somehow prevents bigger crystal formations? I dont know... Maybe manipulating the conditions in different ways could give better results but thus far I think the non-polars are better for it.

Do share whatever are the results of your tests!

CaptainFuture
#110 Posted : 3/11/2011 4:38:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some more crystals. Never saw the diamonds again. But the solid ones are very powerful, too. But I keep my experiences out of the public in the future.

And some more from the 'how to waste DMT dept.' here- Aceton 'crystals'. The ethanol brought only yellowish goo. Btw. the crystals were crystal clear before dropping them into the Aceton.

LOVE is all there is.

DoctorMantus
#111 Posted : 3/29/2011 1:19:27 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Ive got a question ive been experimenting with crystal growing unfortunately i have only been getting sharded crystals not that i am complaining but what containers or shaped glass do you use to get such beautiful square crystals?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

DoctorMantus
#112 Posted : 3/29/2011 1:38:07 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

In yes how do you get get such clear pictures maybe i need a better cam.

"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

SKA
#113 Posted : 3/29/2011 7:18:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

Perfect bridge between the different opinions, SKA, I completely agree, also as I wrote here, I dont think science can answer everything. I just dont find sense that people jump into extremes and deny science (or the inverse, say science is the absolute answer) Smile

Do you have any pics of those crystals, SKA? Did your naphtha contain xylene/aromatics too?

I have some pics of those crystals, allthough they're not all that sharp or magnified. SWIM performed a slightly different extraction than the one you described with naphtha. SWIM used Di-ethyl Ether instead of Naphta to extract DMT from basified MHRB-powder/Water solutions. He does no purification or recrystalisation Teks, but just allows the Diethyl Ether to evaporate off and leave a crude MHRB extract. Has just about the same color as those crystals in your pictures.
It smells like a mixture of human sweat, Cow flop, Fruit and Sweet Flower nectar.

This topic has really inspired SWIM to experiment with trying to "grow" crystals under different conditions to see how it affects it's shape.

CaptainFuture
#114 Posted : 3/31/2011 2:56:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA wrote:

This topic has really inspired SWIM to experiment with trying to "grow" crystals under different conditions to see how it affects it's shape.

Well, then be sure to share your results.
I did lots of extracts the past weeks and found that with clean DMT I usually get the typical shown square crystals I showed with my last posts when I re-crystallize them. Maybe I post some new pictures, though they don't show nothing really new, later.

I am doing quite perfect A/B extractions now with only one pull to get out all of the DMT. (2nd pulls to test if all is out showed no more molecules.) I reduce the liquid with the DMT acetates after cooking and straining (100gr./2Ltrs water/100ml 5% Acetic acid) down to 300ml and then pull with 300-400ml slightly warm Naphta. This gets out all in one pull. Then I only need one re-crystallization to end with the previous shown very clean crystals.
LOVE is all there is.

cerius
#115 Posted : 4/3/2011 8:07:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

All molecules exhibit polymorphism. I.E. it's completely impossible for someone to "pick" the crystal structure that they desire. An example is quartz or SiO2... go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_dioxide and scroll down to the bottom to see what I mean. This is one possibility. Another possibility is different % of impurities in each sample causes a different crystal structure. This second possibility seems more likely.

cerius
#116 Posted : 4/3/2011 8:13:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Also, a suggestion for further recrystallizations...

dissolve your sample in a solvent it is readily soluble in, in such a way that is is saturated. Place this open container in another container with a different solvent that your sample is not soluble in. The solvents will exchange over a period of days and your sample will slowly crystallize out. The second container is closed, so the solvents won't evaporate.

MelCat
#117 Posted : 4/3/2011 8:39:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cerius wrote:
Place this open container in another container with a different solvent that your sample is not soluble in.

What solvent is pure spice not soluble in?

It sounds like an interesting concept and I'd like to try it.

Do you have any preferred solvents for this?
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

cerius
#118 Posted : 4/5/2011 2:32:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it polar or non-polar?

Suppose I would have to think you'd have to screen different solvents.

If it's polar, it ain't soluble in a non-polar solvent, and vice-versa

MelCat
#119 Posted : 4/5/2011 1:06:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cerius wrote:
Also, a suggestion for further recrystallizations...

dissolve your sample in a solvent it is readily soluble in, in such a way that is is saturated. Place this open container in another container with a different solvent that your sample is not soluble in. The solvents will exchange over a period of days and your sample will slowly crystallize out. The second container is closed, so the solvents won't evaporate.

cerius wrote:
Is it polar or non-polar?

Suppose I would have to think you'd have to screen different solvents.

If it's polar, it ain't soluble in a non-polar solvent, and vice-versa

SooooOooo, you haven't tried this yourself yet?

I was hoping to hear of some of your previous attempts and outcomes...

MelCat
#120 Posted : 9/7/2011 9:43:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any progress on isolating the key to create diamonds CaptainFuture?

«PREV45678NEXT»